Will Wade set the new All-Star record?

Lakers at home, Nuggets at home, Bulls on the road.

Those are Miami's last three games before the All-Star break … and the post-Shaq Heat have to win them all for Dwyane Wade to dodge a slice of history he surely doesn't want.

Even going 2-1 in what will likely be Shawn Marion's first three games with the Heat would send Wade to New Orleans with the lowest winning percentage ever for an All-Star Game starter, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

Thanks to its unfathomably unsuccessful run of 21 losses in the past 22 games, Miami takes a sub-Mendoza Line winning percentage of .188 into Sunday's ABC matchup with the Lakers. As the chart below indicates, no All-Star starter has ever been on a team that couldn't win 20 percent of its games.
[table][tr][td]Worst Team Winning Percentage For
All-Star Game Starter[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Player/Team[/td] [td]Season[/td] [td]W-L[/td] [td]PCT.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Walt Bellamy/
Chicago Packers[/td] [td]1961-62[/td] [td]9-31[/td] [td].225[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sidney Wicks/
Portland Blazers[/td] [td]1972-73[/td] [td]12-38[/td] [td].240[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tracy McGrady/
Orlando Magic[/td] [td]2003-04[/td] [td]13-41[/td] [td].241[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Wilt Chamberlain/
Phila. Warriors[/td] [td]1964-65[/td] [td]11-33[/td] [td].250[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ray Felix/
Baltimore Bullets[/td] [td]1953-54[/td] [td]10-30[/td] [td].250[/td] [/tr][/table]

laugh.gif

thanks for posting, i waited all day to read that interesting nugget of information

eyes.gif

laugh.gif
smh.gif
Just further proof that the fans don't know what the hell they're doing. Wade should give his spot up to Hedo or Ray Ray both of whom are moredeserving.

/\ no he shouldnt...the starters are for the fans. The League's superstars need to be there unless they are playing horrible or they're hurt. What kindof ratings you think a game with Hedo Turkoglu starting in an all star game would get?

So Hedo hasn't played at an All-Star level this year
eyes.gif
. Team success has to factor in somewhere, the Heat aren't just bad, their the WORSTteam in the NBA, if Wade was set "superstar" he clearly could have pulled out more than 1 win in their last 22 games. A lot of players can put upnumbers on bad teams, if Wade is in, then Al Jefferson should be an All-Star as well.

terrible for him...but he is the now the worst out of the top three players, (Melo, Lebron, Wade)

terrible for him...but he is the now the worst out of the top three players, (Melo, Lebron, Wade)

whoa what? is that your list for the whole NBA? or just the class of 03

Originally Posted by bobby24K

eyes.gif
. Team success has to factor in somewhere, the Heat aren't just bad, their the WORST team in the NBA, if Wade was set "superstar" he clearly could have pulled out more than 1 win in their last 22 games. A lot of players can put up numbers on bad teams, if Wade is in, then Al Jefferson should be an All-Star as well.

I'm certainly not one to defend Wade, but I don't understand your argument. It's not as if he was voted in by the coaches, the fans voted himin, blame them for not voting in Big Al or Hedo...

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

whoa what? is that your list for the whole NBA? or just the class of 03

i think he's talking about that class only

Originally Posted by nitzski

eyes.gif
. Team success has to factor in somewhere, the Heat aren't just bad, their the WORST team in the NBA, if Wade was set "superstar" he clearly could have pulled out more than 1 win in their last 22 games. A lot of players can put up numbers on bad teams, if Wade is in, then Al Jefferson should be an All-Star as well.

I'm certainly not one to defend Wade, but I don't understand your argument. It's not as if he was voted in by the coaches, the fans voted him in, blame them for not voting in Big Al or Hedo...

Ummmmm...that WAS my whole point, to say the fans shouldn't have all the say into who should be the starters.

Originally Posted by K8be wan Kenobi

I still can't believe they gave him Finals MVP.

indifferent.gif
who else deserved it then? Dirk?

people try so hard to hate, they end up sounding downright foolish

The Zebras, but that's a whole other thread.

If you had to give it to a player though Wade was the one...

Originally Posted by nitzski

eyes.gif

I'm certainly not one to defend Wade, but I don't understand your argument. It's not as if he was voted in by the coaches, the fans voted him in, blame them for not voting in Big Al or Hedo...

Ummmmm...that WAS my whole point, to say the fans shouldn't have all the say into who should be the starters.
Then you should have probably included that tidbit of info into your post, it sounded as if you were complaining that Wade was in and Jefferson andTurk weren't like someone should step in and do something. I think everyone here would agree that the fans don't always(or even usually) get it right. Certain guys who shouldn't be there get in every year, it's a popularity contest. No worries though we're on the same page...

Man, it would suck to have that as a record.

BTW, what is the worst record overall in NBA history?

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

Man, it would suck to have that as a record.

BTW, what is the worst record overall in NBA history?

1972 Philadelphia 76'ers, 9-73.

Back
Top Bottom