Will Randy Moss be back in N.E. next season?

Saw this on Bill Simmons' sports chat, thought it was interesting. What do you guys think?

Aaron (Warwick, RI): So do the Pats sign Moss to a multi-year contract or have to slap him with the franchise tag?

sn2.gif
Bill Simmons: If I had to bet on it, I'd saythat he's one and done - they caught him at the perfect point - he's playing for a new contract, he's getting a ton of attention, he loves playingon a great team and playing with Brady... the way it's turned out, it's been like a phenomenal run at a blackjack table. After the season, I think theyshould just color up, take their money and wish him the best.

sn2.gif
Bill Simmons: Unless he's willing to play forless than he's worth.

After an undefeated season and a Superbowl I would see no reason for them to part ways. Everyone before the season was saying they shouldnt have signed himthen, and now he's the best receiver in the league again. He'll be back to cement his legacy, I'm sure he knows 1 Superbowl is great but 2 would beeven better.

GOD i hope not!! i %**!#$* hate belicheat and he doesnt deserve moss. I hope the bears show up at his house with a few dump trucks full of money! its funny howguys that were once reffered to as "locker room cancers" are now playing out of their minds, i.e MOSS and T.O.

if everything plays out like it's looking it will (16-0/15-1 and a superbowl) I'd bet good money NE will pay whatever Moss wants.

I personally can't stand the Pats. I just love Randy Moss and want to see him make history.

Sooo... the ideal situation would be for him to break Jerry Rice's season record this year, and for the Pat's to go 19-0. Then I hope they don'tpay up, and he goes somewhere else and gets a fat check, makes them a top notch Superbowl contender, while hopefully the Pat's offense would fall apart.

If that happened, I would probably piss myself
roll.gif

nah he's one and done. They aren't gonna pay him his money, and Randy took that paycut because he knew that would be his bet to get back to the money.

The one variable to this all though is his ego. No one knows what he's thinking. He may on that I wanna be better than Jerry Rice tip, and stay there andbe that signature WR to Brady and try to go down as the #1 WR of all time (in his mind).

You know what I've just realized, Randy has never led the league in receiving yards. Thats kinda odd.

If he stays with Tom Brady, he could make history. COULD. Not saying he is right now, but if him and Tom stick together, it might, just might, be compared tothe two guys from the niners (what were their names again.....)
laugh.gif

If Randy takes the money and runs to another town, he is giving up so much more than he could be getting. Who doesnt love to win? I mean, this team couldpotentially win a few more superbowls, assuming they win this year's. Why run with cash when you can with super bowls? I just dont get it, I really dont.

Originally Posted by Bombbiggidyphil

if everything plays out like it's looking it will (16-0/15-1 and a superbowl) I'd bet good money NE will pay whatever Moss wants.

The Patriots don't need Moss to win a Superbowl. They may not be as amazing next year without him, but they'll still be the best team in theleague. Especially after they draft Chris Long.

Did you just start paying attention to how N.E. operates?
laugh.gif

I think he stays only because your on the best team in the league and the difference between the Pats and the second best in the league is soooo much, he wouldbe stupid to leave.

Originally Posted by BaronDavis5

id take a better career over a crap load of money. Thats just me though.

In the nfl you should try and get as much money as you because all it takes is one hit and he's career is over and so is his contract...

Moss is going to want a huge contract and the Patriots aren't going to be willing to give it to him so I doubt he'll be in NE....

He should go to the cowboys..hahaha..Moss & TO...
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

That's all the reason in the world to part ways.

If that happens, he's won, so why not go get paid?

Exactly, Moss gets his ring, Patroits win another SuperBowl. The Pats have done it w/o Moss before they can do it again.

I personally can't stand the Pats. I just love Randy Moss and want to see him make history.

Sooo... the ideal situation would be for him to break Jerry Rice's season record this year, and for the Pat's to go 19-0. Then I hope they don't pay up, and he goes somewhere else and gets a fat check, makes them a top notch Superbowl contender, while hopefully the Pat's offense would fall apart.

If that happened, I would probably piss myself
roll.gif

cosign. maybe he'll sign with green bay, indy, or dallas, be teamed up with a sick qb, and keep running things.

Moss is gone... pats don't need him for the price he'll be worth, the pats will just have to settle for beating everybody by only 3 touchdowns nextyear instead of 6.

For Randy Moss this is the best possible team for him. He is having an amazing year and he is helping himself restore his negative image that he has gainedover the years. I see him re-signing with the patriots but I honestly would not be surprised to see Jerry Jones throw money at him even if he has T.O. I wishthe bears can throw him some money but we all know that wont happen.

Originally Posted by daiernchef

After an undefeated season and a Superbowl I would see no reason for them to part ways. Everyone before the season was saying they shouldnt have signed him then, and now he's the best receiver in the league again. He'll be back to cement his legacy, I'm sure he knows 1 Superbowl is great but 2 would be even better.
THE PATRIOTS HAVE NOT WON A SUPERBOWL OR GONE UNDEFEATED YET THIS SEASON.

I've had to tell you this in multiple posts dude.

And Randy is gone after this season
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom