Will Jordan ever end?

Not anytime soon and probably not in our lifetime. Nike has gotten bigger and bigger over the past few years. There will always be retros and we will still eat them up, that's just the way it is. There is no other sneaker/sports apparel company that is even close to Nike's level right now.

QFT

599346_10150978304522535_296354268_n.jpg

Cosign on everything said.

Doesn't even bother me really. I mean look at those Filbert 7s or whatever the hell they're called. Certainly, not my cup of tea, but someone, somewhere was glad to shell out the dough for those.

I'll gladly just wait for retros of joints I couldn't get as a shorty like Raptors & Aquas.

How long do y'all think Jordan Retro's will be released? They've been releasing over 20 years now, just trying to get some opinions. I hope they don't stop at least for the next 10 years , I just started my Jordan collection and want to build up to make up for the shoes I could't get as a kid. I would get maybe 2 pairs a year depending on if my mom wanted to spend 100 - 130 dollars for a pair of shoes. I would get a pair for school, fall semester and a pair for Christmas spring semester. Sorry if I rambled, anyone see an end coming to Jordan Retro releases, they can only release and re-release shoes so many times.

Unless Nike goes under....NEVER.

In fact, the releases are becoming more and more common, I can a new retro release happen every week instead of every month.

Nothing lasts forever. I dont see JB as relevant as it is today in 10 years. They have no new inovation. Their hottest products are of 1980/90 technology and is hype driven. What do you do when you have not innovated and your customers are not longer buying into the hype.

Last edited:
Nothing lasts forever. I dont see JB as relevant as it is today in 10 years. They have no new inovation. Their hottest products are of 1980/90 technology and is hype driven. What do you do when you have not innovated and your customers are not longer buying into the hype.
THIS.. not a hater or anything.. I just would like to look forward to something new from Nike/JB .. he has/had the athletes to start a new line via CP3, Wade (it could be too late) , Melo (idk)... or just snatch up a rookie like Rivers or MKG and make them the face for a new line of innovative Jordans. Honestly I wouldn't rock any of the Jordan's that aren't retros, besides spizikes. All the others are strictly on court only, trash for taking a date out or a walk through the mall.

Never... most of the NT'ers on here that have kids... you buy them and deck them out in the newest Jordan's.

The cycle will continue...

Most of the older collectors are falling back and new sheep are lining up to take over their spot.

They may not die, but they're pretty much dead to me.

I'm not about jumping through hoops to go get some sneakers.

Only thing I was hoping they wouldn't do was ruin my precious Foams :smh:

Looks like they're milking any and everything.

never lol, and prices will only keep rising smh...
i honestly just noticed that they go up 10 dollars every year.. and 5 dollars for the the XI's .. smh.. Nike/Jordan is getting ridiculous with these prices.

I agree with this. In 10, 20 years people will stop caring about Jordan. Nobody is gonna buy the exact same shoes (Jordans I-XIV) forever. Oversaturation to the point where everyone becomes sick of them.

I agree with this. In 10, 20 years people will stop caring about Jordan. Nobody is gonna buy the exact same shoes (Jordans I-XIV) forever. Oversaturation to the point where everyone becomes sick of them.

When he passes no one will be hyping his joints. Whomever is next in line possibly lebron will hold it down. hell we might even get some retro lebrons in 2 years.

When he passes no one will be hyping his joints. Whomever is next in line possibly lebron will hold it down. hell we might even get some retro lebrons in 2 years.

In my opinion him dying will not change anything. A lack of innovation and moving forward as the leaders of design and performance will destroy the Jordan brand. Him dying really does nothing because his legacy is already solidified and established.

Nothing last forever, forever is a long time. Who knows how it will be a hundred years from now.

JB will last while the name is still matched to the player he once was. 5 years from now the kids getting into the shoe game, same as we did, will have grown up with Kobe and LeBron offering the sneakers of their generation. It's a shame that Jordan will fall to that but that's the way it goes.

Back
Top Bottom