Why was the Air Jordan 1 chosen?

I have been thinking lately, why was the Air Jordan 1 Retro chosen to be retro'd so much? I have not seen one Air Jordan 1 Retro worth buying and theresstill more releasing? Does anybody feel like they should have released a different number instead like the way they have done to the AJ1? If so which numberwould you have chosen? I personally would have chosen the X's.

I feel you and im thinking cuz it resembles the dunks and air forces and those are so mainstream. So why not put out a bunch of CW and make dough.

Nah..I think the other numbered shoes are more sacred. Even tho aj1 was the first Jordan to be released. I think they saw how air forces and SBs and dunks wentand figured they look alike so they might sell the same, if not more. Just my opinion.

If you were to release multiple CW's of the most popular numbers such as 11's, 6's, 10's, 13's, 4's, etc too often,people would getsick and tired of them like the 1's, the hype would be no more, and/or sales would be up but then drop down because so many people would be broke fromtrying to buy every release of their favorite number IMO. But I wouldn't mind being broke if they release 11's, 6's, 13's, and the 4's moreoften.

Originally Posted by spincv

I feel you and im thinking cuz it resembles the dunks and air forces and those are so mainstream. So why not put out a bunch of CW and make dough.
thats it

probably cause it's easy to make imo. not too much to them
Yup, you got that right.

The simpliest Air Jordan with the most possibilities for horrid color combinations.
tired.gif

i think it's fashion these days. with the skinny jeans and all that. it goes with more styles. but then again. i dont know much about fashion.

Originally Posted by jgamel81

probably cause it's easy to make imo. not too much to them
no, this is the real reason. but it can be partially because they are mainstream, with the Jumpman and Nike

mainly cause the Jordan 1s are the dunks for cats who are strictly Jordan heads. If someone wanted to have an entire shoe collection solely consisting ofdifferent pairs of 1s, they can.

Originally Posted by spincv

i love 1's so i dont care how much they retro out, as long as they continue to retail at 110 im happy, but like others said, they are the simplest ofjordans.

To reiterate what has been previously said, they are the first and simplest of the numbered series and in that lies the opportunity to sell them as theoriginal, the one that started it all, giving it that subconscious appeal as well as the variety of CWs attracts the attention of mainstream consumers whowould otherwise be buying dunks, superstars, or other midrange sneakers.

They need to do this with XI's, I've been saying it for years.

Really...think about it...what's to lose?

Varient makers have been at it for years.

Why not just break the bank and give us authentic?

These were chosen to make profit. Profit = Revenue - Expenses. There isn't a lot of expenses when it comes to making the AJ 1's, so JB is just tryingto get all that money without having to make complicated or quality shoes.

It's really no other obvious reason...other then they look like dunks...as did all shoes nike made at that time...lol...but the only major problem is theycompletely killed the exclusiveness(if that is a word) for having the 1st jordan of the whole 23 collection...but i think JB doesnt care about the ones becausethey are a obvious promotion for nike...i feel like that shoe was for nike more then jordan...so now they are flooding the market with them to make themworthless or near to it...but at least 3 pair of 1's drop every month now...air force ones nor dunks drop that frequently...lol

Back
Top Bottom