WHY THERE SEEMS TO BE THIS SHORTAGE OF SZ 13 AND LARGER SIZES BEING AVAILABLE??????

I have been collecting shoes for about 5 years now and it seems with every release the guys with MAN sz feet 13 or larger seem to have to go through greater difficulty getting the shoes they want. I would love to hear what you guys think about this problem.

Because less people wear sz 13 compared to sz 9. And its funny cause I always see 13+ sit. Multiple stores by me still have 4s in sz 13, 14, and 15

All of the local shoes store at the mall didn't receive any size 13.. The real messed up part is that they didn't tell the customers waiting on Black Friday this.

Some people were waiting 3+ hours and the stores never even had their size 13..:smh:

Join the big feet club. I have been collecting for over 17 yrs. Fifteen of those yrs I have been a true size 14. Eastbay has always been my go to place.....but with the recent surge of today's "collectors" it has been hard as hell to purchase of Eastbay,ndc or any other online sites. It is also messed up because at times, Nike and JB don't make a shoe over a size 12 if its deemed very limited (although I haven't seen this in a few yrs). I got some connects around my way. Get to know your local store and district managers. I tell them if they get a JB release in a size 14 I am an automatic buyer. Several times they have called me to inform me or have traded another store a pair of shoes for my size because I am a long time customer.

Because less people wear sz 13 compared to sz 9. And its funny cause I always see 13+ sit. Multiple stores by me still have 4s in sz 13, 14, and 15
Let me know where you live and what stores because I am always in a search for a size 14 (or 15) depending on the shoe.

I have been collecting shoes for about 5 years now and it seems with every release the guys with MAN sz feet 13 or larger seem to have to go through greater difficulty getting the shoes they want. I would love to hear what you guys think about this problem.
5 years? Dude, I've been buying shoes in a sz13 since my foot stopped growing and the Internet wasn't even a real option because mom's wasn't shelling out for cable Internet. When the Space Jams originally dropped there were 6 pairs in my whole city and you best believe I got mine. It's always been like that. It's not economically wise to cater to big feet when there are so many people with smaller sizes. It just doesn't make since. If you ask me they should save the materials for size 16 and up and out those toward more size 13s. Those super big feet dudes can get some Spauldings or something. J's don't look that good that big anyway.

sz.13 isint too bad to cp, 14 and 15 usually a ***** though, but in all the lineups ive been 14 n 15 r usually the last to go

I think the average shoe size is a 10.5? Correct me if I'm wrong. It's only common sense that they would produce more of the popular sizes. But there shouldn't be too much of an issue, I'm a 12.5-13 and I find everything with ease, then again I'm in a rural area so idk.

This is true and has been forever. I have never seen a store get more than 3 pairs of 13s(the same shoe/colorway) in any shoe. It's funny they say the average shoe size is 10.5 when everyone I know either wears a 9/9.5 or a 12.5/13. 12.5 is what I prefer but it is usually only available on swoosh/Nike.

Obviously Nike doesn't read and react to the customer base so this is pointless to complain about.
If they listened to their customers their business model would be more inline with Apple.

I'm a sz 15 and the only retro release in the last 3-4 years that I've had any trouble getting online was the WC IV's because NDC was a disaster.

The Cool Grey XI's took about 45 min, besides that I got the other 4-5 retros I've purchased in less than 5 min on NDC.

While it's true less people wear these sizes anything from Sz. 14 and up just doesn't pack well and takes up too much storage space. Thus, the companies get less profit in return. Sucks b/c I am a Sz. 14 and I feel like it is always harder to get my size than some of my buds. No store within 60 miles of me carries a sz. 14 on most releases.

I think the average shoe size is a 10.5? Correct me if I'm wrong. It's only common sense that they would produce more of the popular sizes. But there shouldn't be too much of an issue, I'm a 12.5-13 and I find everything with ease, then again I'm in a rural area so idk.
In Dallas, Tx u better noe sumbody that noe sumbody to get a 13 if they even get a 13 in store to begin with!! Worked at Foot Action in 02-04 an they were only getting 2 if u lucky 3 then an I was buying the store out if u wanted a 13 in ANY Jordan it was known not to come to my store! Now pay back is.......Well u noe the rest.....

We need to create a way to have all 13's an bigger come together an help one another cop without the hatin! Buying a 13 is worse than buying the new Iphone.

Resell is ALWAYS double Retail in13....

Because not a lot of people wear that size... 
eyes.gif
How do you figure? I dont understand when people say this. I guess I can understand the 15,16. But 13,14 is pretty common imo. ALOT of basketball players in general wear this size right? MJ was a 13.5 right? I didnt mean just professional but even the college and HS players. I always see PE of like Mo williams, OJ Mayo, Ray Ray and others in these sizes all over the bay. I thought society's youth were kind of getting bigger, but I guess I do see alot of these small fries like Chief Keef.

I can understand the 15,16 and even 14 at times. But 13 even gets no real love. 

being a 13 myself, i don't find it hard here in Australia, but there are a fair dudes that are big footed over here.

Also i would like to hear more about this 13 on one foot and 13.5 on the other :lol:

I see alot of retro's on the pro hardwood these days, so the players and connects are scooping them up it seems. Im sure that trickles down to college and below. They don't make as many of the big sizes as smaller so sizes so the pool is small to begin with and now there's an increased demand. I'm a 16 and used to find them ***** laying around on sale and clearance racks, not so much anymore.

I'm a size 14 also, pros and cons to a large foot. Less pairs are made, but sometimes i can find a pair with a major discount.

Been getting lucky with the last few releases, but i think blk/red XIs will be difficult.

I'm a size 14 also, pros and cons to a large foot. Less pairs are made, but sometimes i can find a pair with a major discount.
Been getting lucky with the last few releases, but i think blk/red XIs will be difficult.
Most definitely.

I have two retail stores and the simple answer is like a few people stated those sizes sit around. The other reason is that these shoes are allocated and I get 6-14 pair per door. My typical size run is 1 pair sizes 8.5-9.5 and 11.5,12,13 2 pair 10-11. Typical 12 pair run. If I get more I work around that 2 pair stent and add them there. I don't even look at anything over a 13.

being a 13 myself, i don't find it hard here in Australia, but there are a fair dudes that are big footed over here.
Also i would like to hear more about this 13 on one foot and 13.5 on the other :lol:

Dude, I'm in melbourne and a size 13 and usually spots like FTL only get 2-3 pairs of size 13 per release so it was hard for a while to get what you wanted.
there are a couple of other independent stores here though that now get a lot more than 2-3 size 13 so I dont have problems copping anymore.

On the 13-13.5 thing, I am one whose left foot is slightly bigger than the right and often a 13 fits perfect on the right but tight on the left.
not sure any spots actually stock a 13.5 down here though.

I really feel you guys on this one.  Being a true 14 is a nightmare especially when it comes to limited releases.  I have been building my relationship with the store manager at a retailer in texas but the last few releases he didn't even get a 14.  This includes foamposites and the GMP pack and even the fire red 4s!!!  Worse thing in Htown you have to deal with is the reselling clowns that buy a 13 or 14 only to resell and they wear like a 9.5 or 10.  These dudes really mess the game up. No one even got the olive 9's and i don't mind hooking up a fellow big footer for his time but its the other guys that take advantage of us that need a good kick in the throat.  The state of the shoe game is crazy but believe me we have it the worse.
mean.gif

Dude, I'm in melbourne and a size 13 and usually spots like FTL only get 2-3 pairs of size 13 per release so it was hard for a while to get what you wanted.
there are a couple of other independent stores here though that now get a lot more than 2-3 size 13 so I dont have problems copping anymore.
On the 13-13.5 thing, I am one whose left foot is slightly bigger than the right and often a 13 fits perfect on the right but tight on the left.
not sure any spots actually stock a 13.5 down here though.

@airBOZ, I hope you were talking about K101 haha, they honestly seem like they have billions of 13's and other big sizes as well as half sizes, definitely a go-to spot

^kickz101?

@eltouha, yeah man, I cop from K101 every chance i get now, are you aussie too?

Back
Top Bottom