Why is your favorite sports team your favorite sports team?

• For me, I have been a Raider fan since 1994 when I first started playing Tecmo Bowl
    pimp.gif
    and I always picked them because there was a sticker on my door at my granny's house with the logo.
  • As for the Spurs, since 1996 when I found out about David Robinson, he had the same last name as my dad so I assumed he was family
    laugh.gif
So why are you a fan of your team? Location, they always won (Jordan era Bulls), or inherited.

Arkansas Razorbacks - Born n raised in da Natural State
Memphis Tigers basketball - College life in M-Town made me one.
Georgia Bulldogs football - One of my cousins is from Columbus,Georgia and she goes to UGA.
Philadelphia Eagles - Wanted a new face to win the Super Bowl, liked Donovan McNabb, and I hate the Cowboys
Atlanta Falcons - Atlanta is my favorite city in the U.S. and my fave colors are red and black.
Atlanta Braves - Been watching their games on TBS and admired young Chipper and the sick pitching of Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine, and John Smoltz since I was achild and officially became a lifelong fan.
Miami Heat - Mourning, Hardaway, Glen Rice were my fave three players back then.

Dallas Cowboys: They're all I've ever known when it comes to football; I'm pretty sure I came out of the womb with a Cowboys mini helmet on.I've never even asked my father how or why he became a Cowboys fan, but I've been one since day one, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cleveland Indians: Home team.

New Orleans Hornets: Chris Andersen is one of my favorite athletes. When they drafted Chris Paul, it was official. I never really had a favorite NBA teambefore that, only favorite players.

West Virginia Mountaineers: Most of my family is from West Virginia; I was raised on WVU football.

Gonzaga Bulldogs: They were the first (and only) college basketball team that I've ever followed. I just love the way they do things (style of play,recruiting, coaching, etc.).

Dallas Cowboys- I was born there and my first memories of football involve watchin their games...its been tough the last few years, but I'm keepin thefaith
laugh.gif

I grew up watching the Lakers and Cubs with my father.

As for football it is pretty simple really. One day i found this old hat in a pile of stuff at my house. It was a Miami Dolphins hat in the style of thoseold Pittsburgh Pirates hats, with the 3 lines that go all the way around the hat in a circle. Well, I found the hat, liked it and started to wear it everyday. (I was like 7 or
glasses.gif
so then I decided to start following them. That's when I saw Dan Marino and the things he could do. Was hooked ever since. Soonafter, I saw a football game coming on with Miami, but it was the Canes instead of the Dolphins, but I watched anyways and they got me too with all the swagand the long bombs and the big hits. After that I just started following both Miami teams even though I lived in Cali.

Yankees - I'm from the Bronx and I was pretty much raised a Yankees fan.

Nets - Vince Carter is my favorite player.

Rockets- Hometown.
Astros-Hometown.
Philly Eagles- Ive been playing with them on madden since like 2001 and the team grew on me....so im eagles fan.

Dallas Cowboys - was raised on ******** until i could make decisions for myself ie.. 18 months and realized that i liked stars more than indians lol ...basically went against everything my entire family stood for

Georgetown - "Us against the world" mentality, the physical play. John Thompson. I loved everything they stood for, and how they played. They were myfavorite team before Iverson, but then he came and I've followed them religiously ever since.

Notre Dame Football - All I knew for college football...I had 3 channels on the TV as a kid, they were on every week. Derrick Mayes, Mark Edwards, AutreyDenson
pimp.gif

New York Knicks - From my mom, her favorite players were Clyde and then Pat...And then I grew up in the 90's. Plus they're from NY

New York Jets - Love able losers, from NY.

Cleveland Indians - first and foremost I was a Ken Griffey JR fan....but I needed a team, and this was it.

Lakers- Late 80's to '96. From Showtime to the Sedale Threatt, Elden Campbell, Tony Smith, Terry Teagle Era
Clippers- '97 to present. The "other" underdog L.A. team. Really started routing for them once they got rid of the Headbanger bums.
Spurs- Since '99. Class organization from top to bottom. Hate on Manu all you want, the Argentine has game.

i liked teams because my favorite players played for them

Astros- Biggio and Bagwell and randomly Phil Plantier
Rockets-Hakeem
Packers-Brett Favre, Brett Favre and Brett Favre
NY Rangers-Mark Messier
Maryland Basketball - Nik Caner-Medley (knew him since i was little)
USC Football-Carson Palmer

Plymouth Argyle - Home town soccer team
Orlando Magic - Vacation there a couple of times every year

San Francisco 49ers- Hometown team, Still remember watchin the 88 and 89 superbowls

San Francisco Giants-Hometown team, never have I seen a franchise get 2nd place more in my life.

Warriors-Kept the faith through the days of Todd Fuller, Bimbo Coles, Vonteego Cummings, etc.

UCLA- My Dad went there and raised me an absolute diehard UCLA fan... came out the womb doin the 8 clap
pimp.gif

ASU- The college I attend(graduate in May)
pimp.gif

Phoenix Suns- just copped a job with them... and its amazing how much money forces you to root for a team, one would think I am now a diehard Suns fan (I'min sales)... and yes I am lookin out for ZoDogg

Miami Heat
Tampa Bay Bucs
Florida Marlins
Born in Hollywood Fl currently living in RI... I love these teams!!!

Dallas Cowboys: Im from Dallas
Dallas Mavericks: same as above
Mexico: parents are from there
Chivas: pops favorite team

Los Angeles Lakers- I'm from LA and born and raised a Laker fan

Los Angeles Dodgers- From LA

New York Yankees- My Dad influenced me to become a fan. I love it every year rocking our Yankee gear at Angel Stadium

UCLA/CSULB- I go to CSULB
laugh.gif

Mariners - hometeam
Sonics - hometeam
Seahawks - hometeam
UW Huskies - Alumni/hometeam

Peep the sig.... The Boston teams are cause of hometown. Hoyas because I went there. Arsenal originally because of Henry and since then I've followedalong. Wolverines because when I was a kid I loved their helmets.

Michigan Wolverines, Detroit Tigers, Red Wings, Lions = I live in Michigan

Chicago Bulls = My cuz is from Illinois and he got me hooked on Jordan and the Bulls back in 1987.

I am a firm believer in rooting for 1 team per sport and never changing that. I know many that are the same but also know many that jump around. The diehardsfor certain teams are the more knowledgable fans IMO.

Syracuse basketball- Always loved them. Have season tickets. Live there
Boston Celtics- How could you like the Knicks? Really becuase of my dad.
FSU football- Peter Warrick
Dallas Cowboys- My dad loved them so i just followed.

Back
Top Bottom