Why is there so much disgusting obesity in this country?

The future is looking bad, kids don't even know how to socialize and play outside anymore also technology making people lazy. Mix that with high sugar in about everything you eat/drink and its the perfect mix for obesity.

The future is looking bad, kids don't even know how to socialize and play outside anymore also technology making people lazy. Mix that with high sugar in about everything you eat/drink and its the perfect mix for obesity.

the main reason is it is cheap to eat bad. a dollar for a double cheeseburger or probably like 4 bucks for a turkey burger you have to make yourself? I have lost about 40 pounds recently and it is hard work to stay on a healthy diet. a bunch of restaurants have a "healthy" section in their menu but fast food is a completely different story

the main reason is it is cheap to eat bad. a dollar for a double cheeseburger or probably like 4 bucks for a turkey burger you have to make yourself? I have lost about 40 pounds recently and it is hard work to stay on a healthy diet. a bunch of restaurants have a "healthy" section in their menu but fast food is a completely different story

Agreed, i smh whenever i see obese people huffing and puffing just walking down the street. I used to be big myself, in high school i was 5'11, 250 pounds. The summer i graduated i said i'm not gonna be like this and shed 100 pounds. Still hover between 140-150 now and i've never felt better. I haven't had a soda in about three months and about a month since i've had fast food of any kind.

Agreed, i smh whenever i see obese people huffing and puffing just walking down the street. I used to be big myself, in high school i was 5'11, 250 pounds. The summer i graduated i said i'm not gonna be like this and shed 100 pounds. Still hover between 140-150 now and i've never felt better. I haven't had a soda in about three months and about a month since i've had fast food of any kind.

I would love to see a study investigating the correlation between American obesity and poverty. I'm sure they've done one.

As has been stated in this thread already, I believe the problem is in large part due to fast food being so cheap and readily accessible.

Fatness is disgusting as hell though.

I would love to see a study investigating the correlation between American obesity and poverty. I'm sure they've done one.

As has been stated in this thread already, I believe the problem is in large part due to fast food being so cheap and readily accessible.

Fatness is disgusting as hell though.

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Originally Posted by Al Audi

lol kinda off topic, finnns Im just wonderin when you gonna move to Japan I swear you hate the States from gov't to the way americans live.

I remember when he posted pics from his trip to Japan...I've never seen a happier black man
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
@ assuming I'm just black. Ignorance.

Anyways, yes, this country has done a worse job at serving its citizens than fellow first world countries, it's sickening to see people eat it all up (no pun).

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Originally Posted by Al Audi

lol kinda off topic, finnns Im just wonderin when you gonna move to Japan I swear you hate the States from gov't to the way americans live.

I remember when he posted pics from his trip to Japan...I've never seen a happier black man
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
@ assuming I'm just black. Ignorance.

Anyways, yes, this country has done a worse job at serving its citizens than fellow first world countries, it's sickening to see people eat it all up (no pun).

Originally Posted by OHyeah10

Most fast food menus healthy sections aren't even healthy, just healthier than the rest of the menu. Like Carl's JR has turkey burgers now. They still have over 40g of fat
sick.gif
I have NO idea how, because a Jennie O turkey burger is only 12g of fat, and they come without cheese on them (which generally would only add 5). I assume they cook them in oil and the dressing/sauce, but again I'm talking about the plain one. It's also probably not breast meat.

I have been on both sides (185 and single digit bf% with muscle striations, the whole looks like I am flexing when I am not look, and 260+ like I am now). The extent to which people are making an incorrect association with skinny and healthy is hilarious, not to mention having such disdain for somebody as if there isn't &*#* wrong with you people could be total douchebags about. It's easy to be a tough guy behind a computer screen I guess though.

Originally Posted by OHyeah10

Most fast food menus healthy sections aren't even healthy, just healthier than the rest of the menu. Like Carl's JR has turkey burgers now. They still have over 40g of fat
sick.gif
I have NO idea how, because a Jennie O turkey burger is only 12g of fat, and they come without cheese on them (which generally would only add 5). I assume they cook them in oil and the dressing/sauce, but again I'm talking about the plain one. It's also probably not breast meat.

I have been on both sides (185 and single digit bf% with muscle striations, the whole looks like I am flexing when I am not look, and 260+ like I am now). The extent to which people are making an incorrect association with skinny and healthy is hilarious, not to mention having such disdain for somebody as if there isn't &*#* wrong with you people could be total douchebags about. It's easy to be a tough guy behind a computer screen I guess though.

lol @ thick women

so who is repsonsible for fat men?  

The extent to which people are making an incorrect association with skinny and healthy is hilarious
good point...

people assume cuz you look thin you are healthy which is far from the truth for most skinny people

lol @ thick women

The extent to which people are making an incorrect association with skinny and healthy is hilarious
good point...

people assume cuz you look thin you are healthy which is far from the truth for most skinny people

Originally Posted by sonofsam

its "disgusting" because society has brain washed you to believe that skinny is beautiful and fat is ugly...

lol "brain washed" you say? How about the fact that it's probably the most significant factor for health problems? In med school the past 2 years most of the health problems we learned about were either precipitated as a result of, or aggrevated by obesity / overweight

Originally Posted by sonofsam

its "disgusting" because society has brain washed you to believe that skinny is beautiful and fat is ugly...

lol "brain washed" you say? How about the fact that it's probably the most significant factor for health problems? In med school the past 2 years most of the health problems we learned about were either precipitated as a result of, or aggrevated by obesity / overweight

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

lol @ thick women

good point...

skinny isn't necessarily healthy. However obesity has been directly linked to many health conditions.

Back
Top Bottom