Originally Posted by Agthekid

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Mixtape?
http://kendricklamar.bandcamp.com/
a lot of this is great
eek.gif

Originally Posted by The Notorious Bum

Please please keep tyga outta this thread he's ****enn wack

The West Coast is putting in work I think the first to really put it back on the map will be Pac Div, Dom and/or U-N-I
But don't get it twisted cuz these dude are touring around the country and getting mad love

indifferent.gif
give the %!*@$ a chance, bet you change your mind.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Our radio stations don't even promote our artists.

I have been hearing this for years about a bunch of the new West Coast artists. How in the world are they supposed to get on if their own radio stations don't even play their music?

Pac Div really needs to bigger than they are but I don't really see too many folks around me (in Maryland) embracing them. I play "Whiplash" and other tracks frequently at parties and folks have no idea what it is. THE DAMN SONG HAD A VIDEO!! SMH

Originally Posted by jupiterjaywall

The West Coast is putting in work I think the first to really put it back on the map will be Pac Div, Dom and/or U-N-I
But don't get it twisted cuz these dude are touring around the country and getting mad love

indifferent.gif

I can't believe you actually named Tyga...if he wasn't on young money you wouldn't be on him like that...his music sucks

Pac Div
U-N-I
Fashawn 
Blu
Nipsey

all of them get respect probably some others too can't think right now

forget mainstream not everybody is gonna have singles with pop stars that's reality

about to check out this kendrick lamar dude 

indifferent.gif
wait...u really like tyga? i thought it was just a joke

they dont get too much mainstream.personally not a fan of the music coming from the west right now, actually not really a fan of hip-hop right now. Although NAs and BOB get regular plays.

I haven't heard a lot of Tyga's music, but if you're gonna mention the jerk dudes, you can mention Tyga.

Since this seems like a quasi-serious discussion....what do yall REALLY think of Lil B? Honestly, I can't tell if it's a big joke or dudes are really feelin' him...

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Since this seems like a quasi-serious discussion....what do yall REALLY think of Lil B? Honestly, I can't tell if it's a big joke or dudes are really feelin' him...
Just like Gucci, Soulja Boy, and Bangs I use to think ppl were all joking and creating this super long joke by inflating some whack rapper's ego to laugh at him like with that Alaskan rappers thread in general but once those threads hit like pg 20-25 dudes be serious and turn in to fans. It's mad hard to tell when the laughing at ignorance continues and the actual ignorance begins. Just gotta stay clear of those threads and those rappers after you listen to some of their work.

Lil B is trash.

top 3 dudes i mess wit from the soil, the jacka, husalah, da boy boy young messsss

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

indifferent.gif
wait...u really like tyga? i thought it was just a joke
I really wonder if you dudes have ever listened to a Tyga tape or song recently.
I understand if you judging him from 07/08 coconut juice @#+*.

but recently hes definitely improved, and can rap.

The ##!!# dont even need young money, he barely be with them %!#+%*.

For the Lil B question..

I am a fan, but some @#+* I cant rock with.

He can rap when he wants, but chooses to do that ******ed @+% based @#+* and at times that @#+* is garbage.

I mess with Dom, U-N-I, Fashawn, Blu, and Nipsey. They're all dope, but I wouldnt call them slept on, especially on here. The bay is holding down the West right now, and nobody shows them any love whatsoever. J. Stalin and the Livewire crew, Jacka, Husalah and the whole mob figaz, Messy Marv, San Quinn, Davinci, and a whole bunch of other dudes you guys are never gonna give a listen to are putting good +#$@ out right now. The bay has all the real slept on artists of the West Coast, just like it always has

Slept on by the mainstream rap scene yes. The bloggers are all over "The New West" sound.

But did you expect the mainstream to really pick up on a group like Pac Div? Their music sounds pretty underground relative to what's been popular in rap for the past decade.

Lupe is really the first and only pure "blog rapper" to break the mainstream and that's because he's totally on some other stuff.

Originally Posted by Honest Abe Lives

Slept on by the mainstream rap scene yes. The bloggers are all over "The New West" sound.

But did you expect the mainstream to really pick up on a group like Pac Div? Their music sounds pretty underground relative to what's been popular in rap for the past decade.

Lupe is really the first and only pure "blog rapper" to break the mainstream and that's because he's totally on some other stuff.
CuDi broke. Drake was a "blog rapper". J. Cole is well on his way. Wiz has a CHANCE to do it.

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Originally Posted by Honest Abe Lives

CuDi broke. Drake was a "blog rapper". J. Cole is well on his way. Wiz has a CHANCE to do it.
Cudi and Drake are different. we'll see what happens with J. Cole, i'd love to see him make it. right now i actually think Wiz is the closest. he's also different, he's found a niche.

but the blog scene is becoming the farm system for major record labels, what's popular in rap has changed and so have label tactics.

Back
Top Bottom