Why is soccer (boring unwatchable sport) the most watched spectator sport in the world?

Originally Posted by Rondembo

Originally Posted by dland24

What annoys me is the fact that 95% of soccer enthusiasts assume that the opinion of the OP is the same opinion of every sports fan who doesnt like soccer. I dont like the sport at all (watch it regularly for reasons I already discussed), but even I am slightly offended by the brash way OP is sending his message. Not all the people who dislike soccer have the same opinion as this dude. I dont feel like this should even need to be said, but it does.

Its not "brash", most of America agrees with me much more than they agree with soccer fans, some are just more politically correct and refuse to say that soccer is a third world sport and doesn't require the same level of athleticism or strategy as our sports because it would offend foreigners and they would be labelled "xenophobic". Well its not xenophobic to say that soccer is boring and not a complete sport, because it is objectively boring and doesn't allow you to use your hands, which is the only thing that separates us from animals. Sports are watched because they have scoring and winning involved, people cheer at sports when players score and when your team win. That's the capitalist ethos, its the American way. Soccer is the opposite of that with its 0-0 ties and most of America agrees with me.
i swear you are probably $$%*!@!@ on your keyboard because you are just talking out of your @%@

Originally Posted by THE SAUNA

laugh.gif
at the idea of Madden selling more than FIFA and thinking FIFA only comes out every 4 years..

FIFA 11 broke the record as biggest sports game launch ever with over 2.6 million units sold and over $150 million generated in less than a week...
Must be soccer moms buying the games for their children. Most adults I know wouldn't be caught dead playing FIFA.

laugh.gif
at the idea of Madden selling more than FIFA and thinking FIFA only comes out every 4 years..

FIFA 11 broke the record as biggest sports game launch ever with over 2.6 million units sold and over $150 million generated in less than a week...
Must be soccer moms buying the games for their children. Most adults I know wouldn't be caught dead playing FIFA.

laugh.gif

And Madden doesn't have moms copping lil Jermaine his copy of Madden 2011....

Bro you don't know what your talking about so you should stop fueling this thread with non sense OP

laugh.gif

And Madden doesn't have moms copping lil Jermaine his copy of Madden 2011....

Bro you don't know what your talking about so you should stop fueling this thread with non sense OP

i thought it was pretty obvious that this guy was trollin/ being sarcastic...
laugh.gif

I mean his name looks pretty Portugese to me its pretty clear he's mocking Americans & you gumps falling right into it lmao

i thought it was pretty obvious that this guy was trollin/ being sarcastic...
laugh.gif

I mean his name looks pretty Portugese to me its pretty clear he's mocking Americans & you gumps falling right into it lmao

Originally Posted by eltouha

soccer is exciting because of, not despite of, its low scores.

Can someone please explain this. How is NOT scoring more exciting than scoring? That's like saying a date is more exciting if it doesn't end in sex than if it does. I can't see how anybody would be against higher scoring in sports, its what makes sports exciting: achievement and the feeling of success. Its why all sports are trying to increase scoring, even hockey increased its net size to allow for more scoring.

Can someone please explain this. How is NOT scoring more exciting than scoring? That's like saying a date is more exciting if it doesn't end in sex than if it does. I can't see how anybody would be against higher scoring in sports, its what makes sports exciting: achievement and the feeling of success. Its why all sports are trying to increase scoring, even hockey increased its net size to allow for more scoring.

Its just not that exciting due to the lack of scoring. Fun as hell to play though.

Its just not that exciting due to the lack of scoring. Fun as hell to play though.

Can someone please explain this. How is NOT scoring more exciting than scoring? That's like saying a date is more exciting if it doesn't end in sex than if it does.

Nah, more like a date with a really beautiful girl that ends with sex when you haven't had sex or masturbated in weeks and your balls are ready to pop from all the juice you stored, as opposed to a date with the same really ugly girl that ends in sex every single night.

Can someone please explain this. How is NOT scoring more exciting than scoring? That's like saying a date is more exciting if it doesn't end in sex than if it does.

Nah, more like a date with a really beautiful girl that ends with sex when you haven't had sex or masturbated in weeks and your balls are ready to pop from all the juice you stored, as opposed to a date with the same really ugly girl that ends in sex every single night.

I never knew you have to be rich and powerful to play football or basketball. I thought football just require a football and a field, and basketball a hoop and a ball

I never knew you have to be rich and powerful to play football or basketball. I thought football just require a football and a field, and basketball a hoop and a ball

Please, enlighten me on the scoring = better argument. Why is Arena football not more popular than the NFL?

And Madden? Child please, that game is trash and has been for sometime.

Throwball is boring, real football is not.

Please, enlighten me on the scoring = better argument. Why is Arena football not more popular than the NFL?

Originally Posted by hoosiers4life

I dont have a bone to pick with soccer. Although I find it funny that most Americans arbitrarily pick a club to support, the USMNT is very exciting. But you're doing yourself no favors derisively calling the NFL "throwball". The Brits are the ones who initially called it soccer. Stop looking down your nose at anybody who describes the sport as such.

Originally Posted by hoosiers4life

I dont have a bone to pick with soccer. Although I find it funny that most Americans arbitrarily pick a club to support, the USMNT is very exciting. But you're doing yourself no favors derisively calling the NFL "throwball". The Brits are the ones who initially called it soccer. Stop looking down your nose at anybody who describes the sport as such.

Back
Top Bottom