Why is it easy to believe in God, but hard to believe in aliens?

Originally Posted by Murda He

Originally Posted by bittersweet

For the third time... believing in aliens and not God, or vica versa, is utterly stupid. It's the same concept - "There's something else out there". It doesn't matter if it's gray and speaks Sumerian or some white guy in a long robe that speaks in Old English. It's the same basic human need for companionship, order, and authority that conceived both concepts. Whether aliens or God exist or not, they are very real.We created them, whether they created us or not.
Not true Rilla. 
Beyond fact. My statement is so honest that it doesn't even pretend to answer the question. It only goes so far as to question whether the inquirers are even aware of what they are truly asking.
laugh.gif

They just ain't hearin' you.

Seeing as how Jesus actually walked the earth performing miracles, etc., and there were people around who saw with their own eyes, thats more believable IMO than bserving our star/solar system and playing the percentage that there's something out there. But then again, when you believe that life is a product of organic compounds and liquid water, its not as far-fetched.

Seeing as how Jesus actually walked the earth performing miracles, etc., and there were people around who saw with their own eyes, thats more believable IMO than bserving our star/solar system and playing the percentage that there's something out there. But then again, when you believe that life is a product of organic compounds and liquid water, its not as far-fetched.

Originally Posted by AIR J XIII

That's an argument the Ancient Aliens side uses too.  Just FYI.

That's an argument the Ancient Aliens side uses too.  Just FYI.

Whoa, you saw jesus our know people who did?

Whoa, you saw jesus our know people who did?

For the third time... believing in aliens and not God, or vica versa, is utterly stupid. It's the same concept - "There's something else out there". It doesn't matter if it's gray and speaks Sumerian or some white guy in a long robe that speaks in Old English. It's the same basic human need for companionship, order, and authority that conceived both concepts. Whether aliens or God exist or not, they are very real.We created them, whether they created us or not.
Not true Rilla. 
Beyond fact. My statement is so honest that it doesn't even pretend to answer the question. It only goes so far as to question whether the inquirers are even aware of what they are truly asking.
I don't long for aliens, I don't long that there's something else out there. 
I don't pray to aliens knowing that they're watching over me. 

People believe that God is above the clouds, a big face looking upon us. 

It is possible to believe in other life forms (NOT "aliens" necessarily) in outer space man.
laugh.gif

I don't believe in God, I don't believe there's a heaven and hell. 

But I do know for a FACT that we haven't even discovered 10% of our world's UNDERWATER, but we choose to go outer space for "information". 

It's practically a known fact that there is life out there Rilla, whether they look like green people, or look like us. 

You guys can not sit here & compare people believing that there are other life forms, and people believing in God.

It is just not the same. 

Not true Rilla. 

It is possible to believe in other life forms (NOT "aliens" necessarily) in outer space man.
laugh.gif

But I do know for a FACT that we haven't even discovered 10% of our world's UNDERWATER, but we choose to go outer space for "information". 

It's practically a known fact that there is life out there Rilla, whether they look like green people, or look like us. 

You guys can not sit here & compare people believing that there are other life forms, and people believing in God.

It is just not the same. 

Not true Rilla. 

laugh.gif

It is just not the same. 
Uh, that isn't possible.  If they're in outer space then they by definition become aliens.  Well to us earth-inhabiting folk anyways.

the universe is ever expanding. there is a better chance that they exist somewhere than not at all.

the universe is ever expanding. there is a better chance that they exist somewhere than not at all.

Not true Rilla. 

laugh.gif

It is just not the same. 
Uh, that isn't possible.  If they're in outer space then they by definition become aliens.  Well to us earth-inhabiting folk anyways.

Not true Rilla. 

laugh.gif

It is just not the same. 

Yes it is... the only thing we "know" about aliens has been just recently discovered. But for the longest, if not longer, people have BELIEVED whatever they chose to. It's all the same. Aliens, God, tooth fairies, vampires... it's all the same. The %$$! is more alive in our minds and on paper than in reality, as far as we can prove. And the kicker is that I actually believe in God as a concept as well as aliens. I'm just aware that whatever is "the infallible truth about all things "was clouded in myths, religion, dictatorships, and superstitions A LONG time ago. I can't tell you what your response is supposed to be. Should you long for Aliens? IDK... what about God? IDK that either. I hate to play the gender card lil lady, but your emotional response to God/Aliens is so typical of all women. Regardless of how you feel about it, it is what it is though lil sis... and it's all the same. I call my God "Jesus", even though I'm fully aware that a lot of Christian lit is plagiarized dogma from the tombs in Egypt. I CHOOSE not to care. What's the point?? Someone else says Allah.. that FOREVER dude on here  says Aliens... whatever... all of it places a premium level of importance on an intangible authority, whichever way you look at it. We justify it according to religion, or science, or whatever we choose... but it's all a choice. Any level of belief is just that, a choice. Nothing more...

Not true Rilla. 

laugh.gif

It is just not the same. 

Yes it is... the only thing we "know" about aliens has been just recently discovered. But for the longest, if not longer, people have BELIEVED whatever they chose to. It's all the same. Aliens, God, tooth fairies, vampires... it's all the same. The %$$! is more alive in our minds and on paper than in reality, as far as we can prove. And the kicker is that I actually believe in God as a concept as well as aliens. I'm just aware that whatever is "the infallible truth about all things "was clouded in myths, religion, dictatorships, and superstitions A LONG time ago. I can't tell you what your response is supposed to be. Should you long for Aliens? IDK... what about God? IDK that either. I hate to play the gender card lil lady, but your emotional response to God/Aliens is so typical of all women. Regardless of how you feel about it, it is what it is though lil sis... and it's all the same. I call my God "Jesus", even though I'm fully aware that a lot of Christian lit is plagiarized dogma from the tombs in Egypt. I CHOOSE not to care. What's the point?? Someone else says Allah.. that FOREVER dude on here  says Aliens... whatever... all of it places a premium level of importance on an intangible authority, whichever way you look at it. We justify it according to religion, or science, or whatever we choose... but it's all a choice. Any level of belief is just that, a choice. Nothing more...

Originally Posted by tml09
my-man-o.gif

Listen to My Man from Denzel Washington

Wut?

Originally Posted by tml09
my-man-o.gif

Listen to My Man from Denzel Washington

Wut?

^that about sums up the mythology. It's really all just a problem of semantics with us people. Good clip. We are the stuff stars are made of!

^that about sums up the mythology. It's really all just a problem of semantics with us people. Good clip. We are the stuff stars are made of!

Back
Top Bottom