Why is everyone so fake?

Why is everyone so uncomfortable with just being themself? What happened to take me as I am? Why is insecurity and self hate so common? Why are so many so reliant on the opinions of others for validation? How is there a status quo on cool? What is cool? I thought that @%+@ was being yourself with a pinch of I don't give a #*%* what you think. Unpopular opinion is frowned upon and thinking outside of the box is related to crazy. I need ya'll to start pioneering @%+@ and leading. Generation X where are you? Are you just a mindless spineless generation of clones molded in the image of mass media and artificial trends?

Because everyone these days wants to be somebody. And to do that, they try to build a image and story which is filled with bs and lies.

ask myself this very often, like some ppl are so scared to be awkward/unaccepted.  just do you.

Why people so worried about "fake" people these days
grin.gif

Originally Posted by airpirate545

Why people so worried about "fake" people these days
grin.gif
Because, unfortunately, a lot of these fake people will often play a role in your daily lives....and sometime, they even affect it

There's always been fake people.

But the crazy thang is

If u be yourself and end up not bein the "norm"

U will be look at as "He's tryna be cool by being different"

It's a lose lose

lol

Originally Posted by Klock

There's always been fake people.

But the crazy thang is

If u be yourself and end up not bein the "norm"

U will be look at as "He's tryna be cool by being different"

It's a lose lose

lol
Only way you lose is by letting other dictate the way you wanna act. If someone doesn't like you for you then their opinion doesn't matter anyway. 

Baudrillard would say that people aren't real and that they aren't fake, but that everything is a simulation. Life is a stage with actors playing their role.

I guess my issue is that everyone is trying to please someone else and I never understood that. As a society we put paramaters on what's cool,hip,square,lame etc and the reality is that there is no such thing. Life is in constant bloom and for another man to judge anothers taste in clothes, body language, feelings etc stifles human evolution in my opinion. I think it takes way out there thinking and unpopular opinion to shift the collective unconscious into its next phase of being. if more people were fearless and realized God is the only opinion that matters in the only sin against that is imitation. If we were made in its image and its image is the act and action of creation than a status quo for society shouldn't exist.

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

I guess my issue is that everyone is trying to please someone else and I never understood that. As a society we put paramaters on what's cool,hip,square,lame etc and the reality is that there is no such thing. Life is in constant bloom and for another man to judge anothers taste in clothes, body language, feelings etc stifles human evolution in my opinion. I think it takes way out there thinking and unpopular opinion to shift the collective unconscious into its next phase of being. if more people were fearless and realized God is the only opinion that matters in the only sin against that is imitation. If we were made in its image and its image is the act and action of creation than a status quo for society shouldn't exist.
What about people who don't believe in that though. Can they not be real?

Agreed....

Loyalty won't get u nothing...fake friends stick together...that's why I don't deal with people I knew 10 years ago.....smarten up and just try to do what's best for u.....whether it's trying to achieve more currency or bettering yourself with education.....do it for u....

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

What about people who don't believe in that though. Can they not be real?
you can believe that you dont have blood in your body. doesnt mean its not there

A lot of people seem to have no self-esteem and feel a constant pressure to "fit in." It's a waste of time worrying about others, because there really isn't anything you can do about it.

In essence no I shouldn't worry, but in actuality I should. There is no me without you. We are in this together and it is painful to see so many struggle to keep up a facade. I'm not asking everyone to wake up over night but I would love for everyone to just be comfortable with who they are. Being true to yourself eleviates so much stress and drama from your life and real does recognize real. I'm not naive enough to believe this will be all across the board a normal state of living but I can only ask those of you in this thread to please for God sakes be true to you. When you die, you have to die, nobody else. If you're don't like something, say it, if you wanna rock some crazy off the wall $*+* rock it! If you like fat girls than get with them. If you like black girls and you're a Indian go for it. Imagine how incredible society could be if individuality was excepted and respected. Just because I don't personally choose to live the way a gay man does doesn't mean I'm right and he is wrong. If a dude like to wear Lugz in 2011 , by all means do it.

I Agree with some of you guys in here.I have had this talk with a friend,a few days ago.I told him live your life for you not what others (Family,Girlfriend) want you to be.When you try to please others you are setting yourself up for failure,whether it's in the short term or long term.As long as you are doing what makes you happy you will live with no regrets that's how I feel.

Back
Top Bottom