Why is Carmelo Anthony considered "the best scorer" in the NBA

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Because he plays for the Knicks.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

Well it's, mainly because of the diversity of his scoring, post up, face up, mid range.

The reality is he relies far too much on his mediocre mid range jumper and he doesn't post up nearly as much as he should, and he is also a poor 3 point shooter.
43.6% 3pt shooting over the last 25 games (His Knicks career). He's already made more 3's as a Knick this season than he had as a Nugget (50+ games). And he may rely on it too much, but his mid-range jumper is anything but mediocre. 
It is medicre, I think he shoots like 39% on hit which would be slightly below average, and 25 games huh. small sample size much?
I wouldn't say his mid-range shot is mediocre. I would say his mid-range shot-SELECTION can be mediocre at times. This can be corrected, though. As I said a few times before the trade, Melo's efficiency and assists will go up once he fully acclamates to the system.

In Denver, he was told not to shoot many 3's. He would take one or two 3pt shots in the first half, play his game and take a couple more in the 2nd half. D'Antoni gives him the green light, which allows him to find his rythym and his 3pt % skyrockets. Do you really think that's a coincedence that will succumb to the law of averages? He's shooting 38% from 3pt land on the entire season. Is 38% "poor"? Is 80 games a large enough sample size?

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

Well it's, mainly because of the diversity of his scoring, post up, face up, mid range.

The reality is he relies far too much on his mediocre mid range jumper and he doesn't post up nearly as much as he should, and he is also a poor 3 point shooter.
43.6% 3pt shooting over the last 25 games (His Knicks career). He's already made more 3's as a Knick this season than he had as a Nugget (50+ games). And he may rely on it too much, but his mid-range jumper is anything but mediocre. 
It is medicre, I think he shoots like 39% on hit which would be slightly below average, and 25 games huh. small sample size much?
I wouldn't say his mid-range shot is mediocre. I would say his mid-range shot-SELECTION can be mediocre at times. This can be corrected, though. As I said a few times before the trade, Melo's efficiency and assists will go up once he fully acclamates to the system.

In Denver, he was told not to shoot many 3's. He would take one or two 3pt shots in the first half, play his game and take a couple more in the 2nd half. D'Antoni gives him the green light, which allows him to find his rythym and his 3pt % skyrockets. Do you really think that's a coincedence that will succumb to the law of averages? He's shooting 38% from 3pt land on the entire season. Is 38% "poor"? Is 80 games a large enough sample size?

Originally Posted by Cuffy

Pure scorer, nobody scores as effortless as Melo

pimp.gif
 Melo has overtaken Paul Pierce as the master of the elbow. The only problem with Melo in the scoring department is that teams know he's not that great of a passer, so I believe teams could doubleteam him in a efficient way if they had a proper strategy to. Melo is one of those players who's stuck in the middle of being a player you should doubleteam because of his skills, but consistently don't because he doesn't properly force his scoring prowess on you. Sometimes effortless is a bad thing.

Originally Posted by Cuffy

Pure scorer, nobody scores as effortless as Melo

pimp.gif
 Melo has overtaken Paul Pierce as the master of the elbow. The only problem with Melo in the scoring department is that teams know he's not that great of a passer, so I believe teams could doubleteam him in a efficient way if they had a proper strategy to. Melo is one of those players who's stuck in the middle of being a player you should doubleteam because of his skills, but consistently don't because he doesn't properly force his scoring prowess on you. Sometimes effortless is a bad thing.

He's not the best scorer in my opinion. He's never lead the league in the scoring and his best scoring season ever was just under 29 ppg. Scoring wise, Kobe, LeBron, Durant and Wade are better scorers in my book.

He's not the best scorer in my opinion. He's never lead the league in the scoring and his best scoring season ever was just under 29 ppg. Scoring wise, Kobe, LeBron, Durant and Wade are better scorers in my book.

Its based on the versatility of his game

The only player with a offensive game like Melo is Kobe.

Also out of all the top scorers in the League Melo is seond in three point shooting this yr behind dirk at 38% that's a very good three point percentage

Only Melo and Kobe can do absolutely everything on the offensive end of the court.

Also Melo is the clutchest scorer in the NBA right now, 16 game winners in 8 yrs. Most in the league since 03.

Melo's offensive game >>>>>>>>>>>
Also factor in that he is the best rebounder at the SF position and he defensive effort is there right now. He beasting right now

Also Melo has never led the league in scoring but he has been top 5 in scoring 5 out of his 8 yrs in the league and one of the yrs he broke his hand mid season.

Its based on the versatility of his game

The only player with a offensive game like Melo is Kobe.

Also out of all the top scorers in the League Melo is seond in three point shooting this yr behind dirk at 38% that's a very good three point percentage

Only Melo and Kobe can do absolutely everything on the offensive end of the court.

Also Melo is the clutchest scorer in the NBA right now, 16 game winners in 8 yrs. Most in the league since 03.

Melo's offensive game >>>>>>>>>>>
Also factor in that he is the best rebounder at the SF position and he defensive effort is there right now. He beasting right now

Also Melo has never led the league in scoring but he has been top 5 in scoring 5 out of his 8 yrs in the league and one of the yrs he broke his hand mid season.

That makes him well-rounded, not the best. The best scorer puts up a lot of points and does it in an efficient manner. That's not Melo.

That makes him well-rounded, not the best. The best scorer puts up a lot of points and does it in an efficient manner. That's not Melo.

melo has a mediocre mid range jumper? seriously?

change the title to "melo signed with the knicks and now he sucks"

melo has a mediocre mid range jumper? seriously?

change the title to "melo signed with the knicks and now he sucks"

He has a very diverse skill set. And while, I think he is as versatile as they come, someone said it best, his mid range it self isn't mediocre , it's his shot selection which can be questionable at times. But good players do that, they rely on their gifts even when times don't necessarily call for it lol. Great scorer though

He has a very diverse skill set. And while, I think he is as versatile as they come, someone said it best, his mid range it self isn't mediocre , it's his shot selection which can be questionable at times. But good players do that, they rely on their gifts even when times don't necessarily call for it lol. Great scorer though

Because of his versatility when scoring... He has so many different ways of scoring compared to some other scoreres in the league.

Because of his versatility when scoring... He has so many different ways of scoring compared to some other scoreres in the league.

Back
Top Bottom