"Why is America the 'no-vacation nation'?"

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Lol finnns I'd swear you hate our country. You stay callin us a joke.

Looking at it, we kind of have become a joke.
Healthcare !+%!+% up. Education !+%!+% up. Wages !+%!+% up. Immigration !+%!+% up (not in the sense that there are a lot of illegals. Our legal immigration policy is !+%!+% up). Social spending !+%!+% up. Non social spending !+%!+% up. Foreign policy !+%!+% up. 

We're kind of !+%!+% up. 

laugh.gif

Imo, it is the diversity. The same diversity that made America great has also fractured it into many pieces which create instability and weakness. 

Healthcare !+%!+% up. Education !+%!+% up. Wages !+%!+% up. Immigration !+%!+% up (not in the sense that there are a lot of illegals. Our legal immigration policy is !+%!+% up). Social spending !+%!+% up. Non social spending !+%!+% up. Foreign policy !+%!+% up. 

We're kind of !+%!+% up. 

laugh.gif

Imo, it is the diversity. The same diversity that made America great has also fractured it into many pieces which create instability and weakness. 

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

Originally Posted by finnns2003

America is severely behind other first world countries in this regard, gee, what a surprise. What does that go after... Education? Health care? Crime? This country is a damn joke, and you'd know that if you've ever traveled outside this country.

examples? I have traveled to other 1st world countries and they really were not that much better.
I'm not a big fan of Europe or other "1st world" nations but lets start with healthcare and education costs. 

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

America is severely behind other first world countries in this regard, gee, what a surprise. What does that go after... Education? Health care? Crime? This country is a damn joke, and you'd know that if you've ever traveled outside this country.

examples? I have traveled to other 1st world countries and they really were not that much better.
I'm not a big fan of Europe or other "1st world" nations but lets start with healthcare and education costs. 

It's a joke man. The money this country has could go towards infrastructure, job creation, education. But let's just spend it on a bunch of fruitless wars for the corrupt military industrial complex. Damn joke. 

I need to find a good newsweek story that touched on the "best countries to live in". Sweden, Switzerland, Germany, Japan were all higher, there are others. It's not better to have a superior education? Better infrastructure? Less crime? I'm not sure what your ideal world is but that sure sounds pretty sad man.

It's a joke man. The money this country has could go towards infrastructure, job creation, education. But let's just spend it on a bunch of fruitless wars for the corrupt military industrial complex. Damn joke. 

I need to find a good newsweek story that touched on the "best countries to live in". Sweden, Switzerland, Germany, Japan were all higher, there are others. It's not better to have a superior education? Better infrastructure? Less crime? I'm not sure what your ideal world is but that sure sounds pretty sad man.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Healthcare #@#+%$ up. Education #@#+%$ up. Wages #@#+%$ up. Immigration #@#+%$ up (not in the sense that there are a lot of illegals. Our legal immigration policy is #@#+%$ up). Social spending #@#+%$ up. Non social spending #@#+%$ up. Foreign policy #@#+%$ up. 

We're kind of #@#+%$ up. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
+1

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Healthcare #@#+%$ up. Education #@#+%$ up. Wages #@#+%$ up. Immigration #@#+%$ up (not in the sense that there are a lot of illegals. Our legal immigration policy is #@#+%$ up). Social spending #@#+%$ up. Non social spending #@#+%$ up. Foreign policy #@#+%$ up. 

We're kind of #@#+%$ up. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
+1

The country of legal slavery. I've been working since I was 14. First real job was even a city job, and progressed from there. Moral of the story is I still have trouble asking for my vacation time. Sometimes I wonder what's the point. This can't be life. 

The country of legal slavery. I've been working since I was 14. First real job was even a city job, and progressed from there. Moral of the story is I still have trouble asking for my vacation time. Sometimes I wonder what's the point. This can't be life. 

Is there anything that shows who is actually more productive? We work more but when you consider fatigue, I wonder who actually gets more work done in comparison to like France. Maybe America is number one because we work more. Idk that for sure, im just assuming.

My mom works at Harley Davidson as a computer analyst and I feel she's real happy with it. I wanna say she gets a month off per year. When me and my brothers were in Elementary and High School there were plenty times that she had to take off, especially with us all playing sports. She could pretty much just leave whenever I feel. I never asked but always wondered how she just leaves and its ok. Which also shows you the mindset that I had on America and working too lol.

Is there anything that shows who is actually more productive? We work more but when you consider fatigue, I wonder who actually gets more work done in comparison to like France. Maybe America is number one because we work more. Idk that for sure, im just assuming.

My mom works at Harley Davidson as a computer analyst and I feel she's real happy with it. I wanna say she gets a month off per year. When me and my brothers were in Elementary and High School there were plenty times that she had to take off, especially with us all playing sports. She could pretty much just leave whenever I feel. I never asked but always wondered how she just leaves and its ok. Which also shows you the mindset that I had on America and working too lol.

Originally Posted by wanksta23

my dad have over 3 months of vacation, but would only take a month off when we would go to mexico

i wish there were more jobs like that
30t6p3b.gif

he was a garbage man btw
my dad has the same thing, and also a garbage man
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by wanksta23

my dad have over 3 months of vacation, but would only take a month off when we would go to mexico

i wish there were more jobs like that
30t6p3b.gif

he was a garbage man btw
my dad has the same thing, and also a garbage man
laugh.gif

I pretty sure this country was derived on workmanship, other than leisure. The performance rate would increase with more paid time off.

I pretty sure this country was derived on workmanship, other than leisure. The performance rate would increase with more paid time off.

my job has PTO but they try to send you home early on certain days to force people into using it

i have about 180 hrs saved up which is a month and some change

i assume jobs are scared that you will find something better during your time off

there have been meetings at my job specifically about me as to why i'm not taking PTO when they want me to

but i'm not using my time until i have a REAL vacation planned, i won't be sitting at home playing black ops, that's for sure

Back
Top Bottom