Why Have Jay & Nas Left Premo in the 90s

I mean some of these Cats best songs are on Premo beats I don't get why they stop working with him

can't keep doing the same sound every year every album
grin.gif

Probably record label disputes and the artists wanting to go for a different sound.

I'm convinced it's one of these:

- In real life/studio Premo is an a-hole and/or those dudes who don't work with him ever again or for a long time had a bad experience with dude.(Onlything I have going off this is that he was banging Jeru The Damaja's sister and that's why they stopped working together
laugh.gif
)

- They think that even when the song comes out dope that the beat outshines their lyrics(even if it's just in their head)

- They're stupid..... and they're bad at reaching out to a producer they've basically haven't contacted in a long time.
You say this as if Premo has produced whole albums or the majority of any of these two artists' albums in particular. You say this as if OlMan Jigga doesn't continually work with Pharrell and Just Blaze, like NaS doesn't ALWAYS have a Salam Remi beat on most of his albums.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

times change...
...... but the beats are still good/great high quality

Then again when was the last time these dudes worked with Pete?
smh.gif

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

Originally Posted by Master Zik

- In real life/studio Premo is an a-hole and/or those dudes who don't work with him ever again or for a long time had a bad experience with dude.(Only thing I have going off this is that he was banging Jeru The Damaja's sister and that's why they stopped working together
laugh.gif
)

- They think that even when the song comes out dope that the beat outshines their lyrics(even if it's just in their head)

- They're stupid..... and they're bad at reaching out to a producer they've basically haven't contacted in a long time.
You say this as if Premo has produced whole albums or the majority of any of these two artists' albums in particular. You say this as if Ol Man Jigga doesn't continually work with Pharrell and Just Blaze, like NaS doesn't ALWAYS have a Salam Remi beat on most of his albums.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

times change...

smh.gif

his sound is outdated... they (esp jay) were after commercial success... premo wasnt gone get him no h to the izzo... and nas... well we all kno nas dont like good beats... premo kept lacing him and he got pissed...

laugh.gif
But yeah I always understood Jay's aproach but Nas not so much

Nas has said that he still wants to do an all Premo album
pimp.gif
eyes.gif

As for Jay, Premo sent him something for AG but he didn't use it.. Prem was suppose to give "Thank God For That White" to Jay but he choose togive it to Joe because of Joe's his man and he was asking for beats

I see it like this

Nas new Premier= Salaam Remi

Jay-Z new Premier= Just Blaze

Premier should just keep it moving, he made classic tracks with both of them. It would be good to hear both Nas & Jay again on a Premier beat but i doubtthat it will happen

Originally Posted by bgetsbusy

pimp.gif
eyes.gif

As for Jay, Premo sent him something for AG but he didn't use it.. Prem was suppose to give "Thank God For That White" to Jay but he choose to give it to Joe because of Joe's his man and he was asking for beats

That would have been epic Joe definately didn't do that beat justice

pimp.gif
eyes.gif

As for Jay, Premo sent him something for AG but he didn't use it.. Prem was suppose to give "Thank God For That White" to Jay but he choose to give it to Joe because of Joe's his man and he was asking for beats
They both always talkin about how they try to reach out all the time
eyes.gif

Kill that noise. It ain't that hard to contact one another if you really wanted to. Nas just straight doesn't like Premo anymore for some reason and issalty about something

his sound still sounds dope to me

whether it's Verbal Threat, Termanology, Royce or that "Classic" track with Nas, Rakim, Krs and Kanye

you can't deny that even his recent work still sounds amazing

times change...

smh.gif

I'm pretty sure P. Rock had a falling out with a couple dudes for smashing baby mommas, including Nasir's.

I feel like this issue (Premo not working w/dudes) was addressed in an interview like 2 years ago...

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

- In real life/studio Premo is an a-hole and/or those dudes who don't work with him ever again or for a long time had a bad experience with dude.(Only thing I have going off this is that he was banging Jeru The Damaja's sister and that's why they stopped working together
laugh.gif
)

You say this as if Premo has produced whole albums or the majority of any of these two artists' albums in particular. You say this as if Ol Man Jigga doesn't continually work with Pharrell and Just Blaze, like NaS doesn't ALWAYS have a Salam Remi beat on most of his albums.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

times change...

smh.gif

his sound is outdated... they (esp jay) were after commercial success... premo wasnt gone get him no h to the izzo... and nas... well we all kno nas dont like good beats... premo kept lacing him and he got pissed...

outdated? naaaaaaaaaaaaaaah...I can see why would think so though...but that sound will never get old to me so take that for what it's worth...

Last thing i remember was jay had primo do some beat for the black album and never used them. But who knows. Didn't he produce the last C.Aguileraalbum?

times change...
It's that simple. Premo is my Favorite producer and its true that most of the classic jay and nas songs were done by premo, but the fact isover the years people don't vibe to his sound anymore. At least on a popular scale. Even fans of those classic premo calabos don't want to hear thatsound anymore. Rather they want to hear an amp , computerized Timbo beat. It sucks but hey what can u do. Many people don't even know who Premo is tillthis day.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by jville819

pimp.gif
eyes.gif

They both always talkin about how they try to reach out all the time
eyes.gif

Kill that noise. It ain't that hard to contact one another if you really wanted to. Nas just straight doesn't like Premo anymore for some reason and is salty about something

Nas was Cipha and Rosenberg and Peter Rosenberg asked him if he lost Premo's number...
laugh.gif

Esco said that he wants to go to Hawaii with Premo and record an album. He bull****s a lot thou, look at the @+!+ he says bout working with AZ

Y'all acting like Premo didn't produce a hot single for CHRISTINA AGUILARA!!!! His sound is too 90's???? **** with that **%%, the dudes are juststupid plain and simple.

I think a lot has to do with Jay and Nas being lazy to a degree especially Jay.

Every artist know that if they go to the studio with Premo,that they are creating a song not just a hook over a beat,and have to spit high level bars for thewhole song,if not the beat will expose you (...see Group Home),for being a lackluster MC.

I stan for both artist,but Jay seems to always make a effort to make album of singles instead of a album.Nas for some reason just seem to be afraid of his pastor something.

Back
Top Bottom