Why don't YOU have a tattoo or body mod? Vol. Everybody's doing it...

lmao at dudes saying that they are anti-trendy going against tattoos. maybe in your project its a recent trend to Tyga'd or Wiz Khalifa'd up, but tattooing has more history than what Complex magazine and WSHH tells you.

I'm indecisive/unsure. I know what I would get but seeing as I'm always second guessing it I shouldn't do it.

I got my ears pierced though.

To a point, I do agree with what you say...you never want to make a permanent decision that there's even a chance you'll grow out of. All these dudes with some random street meme tatted on their neck and face ("Only God can judge me", "Death before dishonor", M.O.B.) and these #*$* with the contents of a Lucky Charms box tatted all over their arms and legs look dumb as +%$# to me and will only look worse with time.

I also hate when people say they're getting tats "for the summer"...naw dawg, you getting that "for the lifetime".

That typed, I do have a few inkspots on me...my football number and a red/black/green Cap shield among a few others...all of which are things that have lifelong meaning to me and look reasonably cool. As an added bonus, you can see none of them in a short sleeved shirt and jeans, but as I think I'm getting out of the 9-5 culture, that could change. Point is, I have the option.

When I think I want a new tat, I wait at least 6 months to get it...if I still want it by then, I go for it. As a result, my tat count has been at 5 for the past couple years.

Man i swear back when i was a freshmen in HS like 04-05 is when i started really wanting tats..

I would literally doodle tat ideas during class or when im at home.

I remember i really like 50 Cent's Cross tat on his forearm ...
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

BUT i've never actually settled myself down to actually do it.

Its now 2012 & Im 21. And have my mother & sister's name tattooed on my forearms

but actual Art type tats have yet to be done. I'm still trying to tweak my mental image of it and wont get on til im 100% certain
People who get it because they think its hot or poppin right now are the dudes or girls who get stars, and meaningless @*%! like %@%+*% chevy logos and @*%!.

I like how I look w/o tattoos, and since everybody pretty much has one, I feel like I'm straying from the
norm by not having one. Plus at 24 and out of college, if I don't have one by now, I'll never get one. My
mom is 47 and got her first tattoo last year. I was like "Really?
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
"

Originally Posted by iYen

I'm too dark to get a tat.
#forestwhitaker'sneck

But really:
Tats serve no purpose to me, but if I had to get one I'd get a humorous one.
Something like Steve-O's tat of his face of his back.
The reason why is so even when I get older and regret getting the tat, I can still find some humor in it.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

YOUR BLACK????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I THOUGHT YOU WAS ASIAN........ 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

As an artist...I've gone through phases where I really wanted to get some work done but I ultimately decided against it. I just like my clean appearance at the end of the day. Don't want anything on me that I can't remove.

Plus the all over trend has REALLY pushed me away. $*%@ look tacky more often than not. I see more bad tatts than good ones.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

As an artist...I've gone through phases where I really wanted to get some work done but I ultimately decided against it. I just like my clean appearance at the end of the day. Don't want anything on me that I can't remove.

Plus the all over trend has REALLY pushed me away. $*%@ look tacky more often than not. I see more bad tatts than good ones.

dad nor mom has tattoos. all my bros don't. Mom said she would take me out the will if I got one. I have only 2 tats in mind tho, both an ode to the Metal genre

I respect those with high quality art that actually mean something.

Never understood the folks who just got tats on a whim and didn't put much thought into the design, meaning, or placement.

I didn't get my first one until after college and added a 2nd one a year later. Didn't get either until I was completely sure. Getting another one next month and it'll be my 1st in 4 years and I've thought about it for a long time as well as trying to get the perfect design.

Bolded for emphasis on a really good point. The majority of tattoos I see are poorly done and pointless.

I applaud those that are getting them done how they want, but its not for me.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by frostythepoptart

Its corny to me and its permanent. If i ever do one call me childish but i want spidey hanging upside down on my back...

how is having a tattoo corny? Elaborate son.....

Forgot to add...I've been shocked at the amount of face tatts I've seen in the past couple of years. Here in DC 1 in every 5 youngins got some @!%% on their face.

I actually really like a lot of tattoos.  And i love the NT Tattoo thread..

But i could never get one.  I don't know of anything that could stand the test of time.  There is no way i could wake up every day look at something permanently on my body and not at some point regret it.  Maybe if it was on my back and I didn't have to see it all day every day.  But i don't have anything in my life that I am that attached to.  Not religious, no deep rooted family history or racial history, i wouldn't want to put something i just like on my body because i know i wouldn't like it forever.   

Forgot to add...I've been shocked at the amount of face tatts I've seen in the past couple of years. Here in DC 1 in every 5 youngins got some @!%% on their face.
sick.gif
sick.gif
Those are the worst

30t6p3b.gif
it's sad...dudes too caught up in this YOLO mess and don't give 2 +!%! about their futures.  There's a wave of cats out there who act first, then think.  They'll be the first ones to complain about why they're not able to get jobs. 
30t6p3b.gif
  Folks gotta smarten up. 

Maybe those dumb face tattoos are a trend (I've never seen any young/normal person with one in my area)

But tattoos are far from a trend.

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Until I find someone in my area (DC
nerd.gif
) who can do high quality work like this
JunCha.jpeg

then I'm not getting a tattoo

Jun Cha
pimp.gif
to bad you'll probably gonna drop a minimum 3-5 racks on him!

Originally Posted by Marvin Hagler

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Originally Posted by Marvin Hagler

I've always loved tats.

Seeing my uncles with tats, and being at the tattoo shop watching my dad get tattoos made me want to get some.

I got my first one when I was 16 and I have no regrets.

What kind of tat do you have? Post 'em!!!!
pimp.gif

I'll try and post some.
But I don't even have a working camera right now fam..

laugh.gif

heck, even the camera on my phone is broken.

frown.gif

Damn homie even your phone, though?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom