Why does it seem like there is more Nat'l pride with US Soccer than US Basketball?

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

Originally Posted by REDUCE523

It is because the US team is no longer a joke like it has always been. Many people dont back up losers.
100% agree and I am now a soccer fan.
grin.gif
WELCOME SIR
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Cause Soccer is the world sport while we dominate in basketball...even if we lose in those FIBA tournaments, everyone knows America is the best at basketball.  And plus there isn't a tournament for basketball like the World Cup that draws this much interest.

What I came to say. We're expected to win in basketball.

Making it to the elimination round is huge for the US Soccer team.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Cause Soccer is the world sport while we dominate in basketball...even if we lose in those FIBA tournaments, everyone knows America is the best at basketball.  And plus there isn't a tournament for basketball like the World Cup that draws this much interest.

What I came to say. We're expected to win in basketball.

Making it to the elimination round is huge for the US Soccer team.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Let me explain myself because maybe I wasn't clear. Nothing beside the Olyimpics can compete with the World Cup on a National Scale. So I don't think if there was more diversity in basketball that basketball would be able to compete.

To clear up what I was saying. I think basketball being a majority black sport does in fact hurt it's viewership because people are more likely to watch a sport if they are properly represented. Notice how Tiger Woods has increased the amount of black interest in golf over the past 15 years. Notice how Venus/Serena has increased the popularity amongst blacks when it comes to tennis viewership. Go read StormFront and ChimpOut about how they feel about basketball. You can say those sites are extreme but those sites represent how many non-blacks feel about blacks but are scared to say in public.

Notice how basketball is arguably the least popular of the 4 major sports and I don't think that is by accident.

You can ignore race but race always matter man.
indifferent.gif

Anyways. Why can't you just accept the fact that the world cup is a bigger stage than the Olympics. The team gets more love here in the states because we aren't expected to win. You are just bringing race into a discussion that doesn't need it.

Let me explain myself because maybe I wasn't clear. Nothing beside the Olyimpics can compete with the World Cup on a National Scale. So I don't think if there was more diversity in basketball that basketball would be able to compete.

To clear up what I was saying. I think basketball being a majority black sport does in fact hurt it's viewership because people are more likely to watch a sport if they are properly represented. Notice how Tiger Woods has increased the amount of black interest in golf over the past 15 years. Notice how Venus/Serena has increased the popularity amongst blacks when it comes to tennis viewership. Go read StormFront and ChimpOut about how they feel about basketball. You can say those sites are extreme but those sites represent how many non-blacks feel about blacks but are scared to say in public.

Notice how basketball is arguably the least popular of the 4 major sports and I don't think that is by accident.

You can ignore race but race always matter man.
indifferent.gif

Anyways. Why can't you just accept the fact that the world cup is a bigger stage than the Olympics. The team gets more love here in the states because we aren't expected to win. You are just bringing race into a discussion that doesn't need it.

Man there are so many Facebook statuses about the World Cup from people I didn't even know HAVE ever watched a moment of sports on television. I think some of them are faking. But yea I can't remember if that happened from Redeem Team. I know it happened during Lakers vs. Celtics though. EVERYONE was a Celtics fan last week. Hahaha.

It soooooooooo annoying
smh.gif
smh.gif

But yea Im not a ( I dont wanna say soccer but..) "soccer" fan, but I do find it kind of interesting. But Im really rooting for the US team to win. The US games are the only games that I will watch with interest (Probably aside from watching Ronaldo play). The US is my country, and I will root for them to win even if Im not a fan of that sport.

Man there are so many Facebook statuses about the World Cup from people I didn't even know HAVE ever watched a moment of sports on television. I think some of them are faking. But yea I can't remember if that happened from Redeem Team. I know it happened during Lakers vs. Celtics though. EVERYONE was a Celtics fan last week. Hahaha.

It soooooooooo annoying
smh.gif
smh.gif

But yea Im not a ( I dont wanna say soccer but..) "soccer" fan, but I do find it kind of interesting. But Im really rooting for the US team to win. The US games are the only games that I will watch with interest (Probably aside from watching Ronaldo play). The US is my country, and I will root for them to win even if Im not a fan of that sport.

us soccer is an underdog, that's why i'm rooting for them. us basketball is a bunch of superstars who are supposed to dominate, i'd rather see a team of guys who didn't make the nba, playing overseas or in the d-league. hell, send the globetrotters

us soccer is an underdog, that's why i'm rooting for them. us basketball is a bunch of superstars who are supposed to dominate, i'd rather see a team of guys who didn't make the nba, playing overseas or in the d-league. hell, send the globetrotters

Soccer is on the rise in America. I used to be an avid hater and I still won't watch it but I like it now.

Basketball, unfortunately, is on the decline (in America). But it did it to itself so I'm not mad.

Back
Top Bottom