Why does America want Money Mayweather to Lose SOO BAD??

mayweather only fights the money fights now.

back in the day they be fighting each other 5x or so. he fights oscar once and hes done. then he fights hatton and thats it.

He doesn't need to prove anything. He just beat Ricky Hatton soundly. It was not even close.

Like the 1st guy said. This can go on and on. He has nothing to prove. I would like to see him fight Hatton becuase i want to see Money fight.
pimp.gif

He is one of the best fighters ever for his divison(s)

Honestly though, he should only fight 1 or 2 more... he's still in his prime. I'd like to see him fight a few more times, but I'd respect hisdecision should he retire.

dude is
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BHPbadboi

Right after Dude beat Baldomir and start talking that retirement talk they were like why don't you fight Oscar de la Hoya...

So Floyd agrees to fight De la Hoya and beats him, and starts talking retirement, and they are like what about Ricky Hatton...

Floyd beats Hatton, and brings up retirement, and they are like "What about Cotto??"

Realistically this could go on forever, b/c after he beats Cotto, it would go to P. Williams, or Cintron

But if he loses I can just hear Larry Merchant, "Floyd why are you still fighting, you have nothing else to prove!" lol

If I was Floyd, i would call it a career now!
Floyd talked retirement after Baldomir as a means to get De La Hoya in the ring so he wasn't pressured by the "public" or boxingexperts to fight De La Hoya, it was all part of his plan.

Floyd wasn't pressued to fight Hatton. He felt that Hatton disrespected him with some words after a fight when in reality he knew the fight was easy moneyand an easy W so he used that as an excuse to get into the ring.

Floyd wasnt pressured into these fights, they were both big money events and when the money is there you best believe that Floyd Mayweather will be there too.

A large % wants to see him lose because a majority of these people are casual boxing fans or even fans at all.

In our society we build people up until they reach a god like status then we find anyway possible to bring them down. Mayweather is a god in professionalboxing so they want to see him fall, Just Like Vick and Kobe and Oj and Ali

america can't stand when someone is great and talks about it. i don't see what the big deal is, but this nation has a problem with it. maybe the rest of america should stop being mediocre.
Racism.
Both answers are correct, sadly enough.

Muhammed Ali....America loved, so spare me on the racism please.

Incorrect champ. America couldn't stand Ali when he was fighting because he was cocky, let alone after he declined to fight in "theirwar". The man was booed and heckled everywhere he went after that, but still stood his ground as a man
pimp.gif

A large % wants to see him lose because a majority of these people are casual boxing fans or even fans at all.
those are the same idiots who say that boxing is dead; so they want the best to lose so that their hopes and dreams can come true.

it's sad really.

I wondered the same thing and I asked someone in my office why did they want Hatton to win and they said I just hate em cause he's so cocky

Yeah Floyd should hang it up for a couple years, get some of that promotion money....

Comeback for 1 final "Superfight" in a couple years, like in the Rocky movie! lol

Originally Posted by MrMoneyInDaBank

In our society we build people up until they reach a god like status then we find anyway possible to bring them down. Mayweather is a god in professional boxing so they want to see him fall, Just Like Vick and Kobe and Oj and Ali
Kobe, O.J and Vick do NOT belong in the same sentence as Muhammad Ali, when one speaks of social injustices brought against an undeserving athlete.

i really don't think Floyd cares. he sells himself as that bad guy and his big paychecks depend on that desire to see him fall.

race definitely plays a factor, but people love to see Goliath fall. that's why so many people hate the Patriots and Belichick, USC football, the Yankees,etc. when you have success at the highest levels repeatedly, people want to see someone knock you off your throne. it's just a facet of American sports...

Originally Posted by renegade34474

Money =
pimp.gif
... some people actually hate this dude so much , that they rooted for the fighter whose fans booed the nation anthem
smh.gif
that really upset me....
not really, but it wasnt the "right" thing to do.

Quite honestly, people hate him because of his large ego and cockyness, but he deserves every right of it. This man has a perfect record...no one has defeatedhim and when he prepares to retire, some one calls him out like hatton so he ends up fighting him and knockin him out.

He has nothing else to prove, I honestly don't think there is any other boxer in his weight class that can beat him. His defense is just way to good andjust like Hatton said, "he's really good at making you miss"

If he still wants to continue, he should fight 1-2 more then retire, but I already regard him as one of the greatest.

Originally Posted by Mister Jack Johnson

Originally Posted by MrMoneyInDaBank

In our society we build people up until they reach a god like status then we find anyway possible to bring them down. Mayweather is a god in professional boxing so they want to see him fall, Just Like Vick and Kobe and Oj and Ali
Kobe, O.J and Vick do NOT belong in the same sentence as Muhammad Ali, when one speaks of social injustices brought against an undeserving athlete.
ur rite im just using them as examples of how the public can love u one moment and want u nailed to a cross the next. Muhammad Ali is in a class byhimself as far as being an activist

Back
Top Bottom