Why Do People Still Think Chris Paul Is Better Than Deron Williams?

antidope

Supporter
I just don't understand it. It was debatable like 4-5 years ago even though I sided with Deron back then but now it shouldn't even be a question who's better. Deron Williams is:
A better scorer

Can play above the rim

Faster

Equal level passers

Better transition player

IMO a better defensive player because he can guard much larger players and locks CP3 up almost every time they play.

I don't see how its even a question. I flipped to the Clippers Nets game real quick and got to see Deron Willams cook up Chris Paul as he usually does, but this times he's playing on the Nets against a stacked Clippers Roster. Chris Paul has just always had an enormous hype machine behind him, while Deron Williams is relative unknown.

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Dat crossover on Wade X Dunking on J. Anthony in the same sequence @ 35 seconds
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

If I want someone to score DWill

If I want someone to do his job and lead a team to victory and close out game it is CP3 all day.. And it is not like DWill is light years ahead of CP3 at scoring either

CP3>

CP is a better PG (running the team, leadership, smart IQ, etc) but DWill has always outplayed him in their head-to-heads. It's comparing 1a vs 1b, but if I needed a PG and could get any.. it'll probably be CP3 (barring any injury)

I agree... Give me DWill in the offense & defense categories. Both are great at distributing the ball, so I can't really side with one or another on that. I give CP the edge in the leadership category though.

*Disregard avy & sig
laugh.gif

I think Dwill is a better player, but CP3 is incredibly smart player.
Homie is way to clutch as well.

Back
Top Bottom