Why do people like to argue that their city/town/state/coast is better than others?

thadocta

Banned
I was on the subway and overheard some people arguing over la and orange county and I thought why do people do this? Is their some sort of pride in bring born in a certain area without choice?

Human instinct probably. I'll say humans have animalistic instincts too and can be territorial. This even happens on a micro level. Within cities, people pride themselves on living in the better sector or blocks. Don't feel offended OP, just because you're not from the beastcoast.

Last edited:
I was on the subway and overheard some people arguing over la and orange county and I thought why do people do this? Is their some sort of pride in bring born in a certain area without choice?

FTR, OC is 100x better than LAC

Last edited:
Same reason people argue about anything being better than something else..............................................

It's a matter of pride and a sense of belonging, also defending the territory which gave you that sense. Only city that has actual basis for being the most desired IS New York City. It's been voted #1 in a national survey for 10 years as the most desired city to live in. LA didn't even make the list, San Fran was #6 and San Diego was #2.

Back
Top Bottom