Why do movie studios still green light M.Night movies? After Earth 13% RottenTomatoes

People still go to watch . as long as people go buy tickets and cover the budget than studios will still crank out garbage. Word to all of Tyler Perry's movies.

was suprised it did so bad

Its M.Night what do you expect. SMH at some you trying to blame Will, this is on M Night, the director is the one who controls pacing, story development and all that. I've been reading articles saying dude signed up to get a check.

People got to understand that while filming a movie most actors don't see how the film is progressing until most the principle scenes have been shot. By that point what are you gonna do? Trash it? Some do like James Franco or Shia, but for guys like WIll, Denzel, George, Damon and Leo they do their job. They signed up to make a movie and then promote the hell outta it.

But the director? Oh they got to take all the credit when its great, and alot of the blame when its bad. Its the directors job to correct those silly *** accents. Remember that one Tom Cruise movie Valkyrie? When they first started shooting Tom was acting in a silly *** germen accent. When one week the director (Bryan Singer ) said cut that crap out and fixed it right away. Some will say that Will is a big enough star he gonna do what he want, but thats how you seperate the truly great directors. Bet Spike Lee or Nolan would pulled Will aside and said stop talking like a dumb ***.

I REEEAAALLLY dislike M. Night Shazam

I don't get why so many people are going in on M. Night here. Smith created the story. He and his wife produced the film. So Smith had ALL the control. Yeah M. Night did the screenplay and directed but Smith was his boss. If Smith had any doubts about the direction of the movie he could have removed M. Night in a heartbeat. Of course M. Night was there for a check. It wasn't his story or some type of passion project. I wouldn't be surprised if other directs and screen writers wouldn't touch it. If Smith approached you saying he had an original story to make a film as a vehicle for his son would you jump on board because you thought it would be a great film? For the money yeah, but not for any acclaim.

Six Degrees and Pursuit featured Smiths best acting. Those were good movies. None of his other movies are good but rather they're entertaining.

This movie doing poorly has nothing to do with Will Smith. It did poorly because it actually stars his son, Jayden, who's not a good actor and has no star power and because M Night Shyamalan's reputation is so bad that it actually hurts your box office nowadays. The early reviews sealed this money's fate.

Does no one remember how good Ali was or how good Will Smith was in it? 

Also, right before he went on a hiatus from film making, he was ranked thee #1 most bankable AND likable movie star IN THE WORLD.

Who still goes to watch movies in movie theatres anymore, especially a B rated movie at that. Why spend 20-25 dollars in the theatre when I can wait a couple months and watch it in the comfort of my living room for $5.

Does no one remember how good Ali was or how good Will Smith was in it? 

Also, right before he went on a hiatus from film making, he was ranked thee #1 most bankable AND likable movie star IN THE WORLD.

I thought Ali was good but I have not seen it in years. I think people are using box office sales/critic ratings to judge the movie quality. I will honestly say the movie looks like crap but will reserve judgement when I bootleg it. I think the problem is Jayden, he should not be carrying a movie of this caliber. At this point he is just tabloid/ gossip column fodder. We have not seen him on the silver screen since the Pursuit of Happiness. He made need to go hang out on the Disney Channel a while.

Last edited:
I thought Ali was good but I have not seen it in years. I think people are using box office sales/critic ratings to judge the movie quality. I will honestly say the movie looks like crap but will reserve judgement when I bootleg it. I think the problem is Jayden, he should not be carrying a movie of this caliber. At this point he is just tabloid/ gossip column fodder. We have not seen him on the silver screen since the Pursuit of Happiness. He made need to go hang out on the Disney Channel a while.

He was in the Karate Kid which did very well

Mark Waglberg is a bad actor?
saw this comment of Youtube...
I saw After Earth on an airplane an hour over the atlantic ocean, people still walked off the flight.

Last edited:
i think Will Smith is a decent actor but his roles do come off as a bit stale...he's still a huge draw though

this flopped b/c his kid stars in it...jaden and willow are shoved down people's throats like that whip my hair garbage, and jaden being Beibers friend in the media...

when i was growing up, Will seemed cool as ****, how did he end up with such weird *** children?

Didn't grow up like normal people. Pops was Will Smith...
ohwell.gif
I'm really not seeing the hate for his children or how they're being shoved down our throats but maybe I'm not watching or listening to the same stuff most ppl are. Whip ya hair feels like it was years ago, I haven't heard about a song or vid from her since and I just saw like 4 minutes of the Karate Kid remake for the first time, I can't think of any other movies he's been in since Pursuit of Happiness up to After Earth.

If Jaden is an actor and I guess rapper and Willow is a singer you can't really claim they're being shoved down our throats when one is in a movie and the other has a song on the radio. They're basically just doing them even if you think they suck at it.

Last edited:
Did anyone actually go see AE?

I really wanted to when I saw the trailer

But everyone has been killing it and I just saw it didn’t too well in the box office

If Jaden is an actor and I guess rapper and Willow is a singer you can't really claim they're being shoved down our throats when one is in a movie and the other has a song on the radio. They're basically just doing them even if you think they suck at it.
They are being shoved down the public's throats. Maybe not right now, but when Willow Smith was dressed up like a weirdo on a regular basis, people automatically presumed that it was the Smith's trying to keep her in the public eye seeing that her career post Whip My Hair has been nonexistent. You don't wear **** like this unless you want attention:

Will is trying to make Jaden the next big thing, but he doesn't have any of the personality of Will and he can't act. They also tried the rapping thing as well.

I'm not disagreeing but to a new generation it was well received

two completely different movies IMO. I had the orignial on VHS wore that **** out as a kid, but I enjoyed the new one. Hell it wasn't really karate kid at all they called it that cause of name recognition.

I was dying when Jaden punched the chinese kid and he flipped back up like that **** was nothing.

I went to see it, and its wasn't as terrible as reviews made it to be, but the **** was slow as hell just too boring at times. They were maybe two cool scenes, but the accents were ******g terrible and like I said it just was sooo slow.

Last edited:
I want you to watch the episode of fresh prince where his father comes back into his life only to leave again and then make that statement. Very powerful acting at the end from will.

:lol:

And for people that think Mark Paul Gosselar isn't a good actor, I want you to go back and watch the Saved by the Bell episode where he confronts Jesse for abusing caffeine pills.

Back
Top Bottom