why did finishline stop pre selling jordans ?

i went to finishline to pre order the xx3's white stealth colorway and they told me they would not do that with jordans any more. they used to let you buya gift card and pick the shoes up on the realese date does anyone know why the stopped doing this?

They stopped here in Dayton,Ohio also.... I called to find out why and was told that an email was sent to all FNL and it is a company wide policy now..

Yeah, that pre-ordering stuff is going to be done with at most retail stores.
Also, being that this is Niketalk alot of information is always told and this site is heavily monitored by companies so therefore Nike/Jordan Brand probablydecided to just check things out on their own.

They must have just created this policy cause technically it aint illegal or against the rules because the shoes dnt leave the store before RD. That was agreat loophole that just got filled
ohwell.gif

I'm an assistant manager over at a Finishline in MI and we received an email from our corporate telling us to stop and the email actually said"Niketalk" as to blame for Nike finding out LMAO.

OK GUYS...I HAVE POSTED THIS INFO BEFORE..................... A STORE WAS PRE SELLING AND ADVERTISING THE PRE SALE IN THE STORE WINDOW. HAND WRITTEN ON PIECEOF PAPER IN THE WINDOW. A NIKE/JB REP SAW THAT AND TOOK ACTION. NOW ALL FINISHLINES DO NOT DO PRE-SALES ANY MORE. THINK THE STORE WAS IN WISCONSIN ORMINNESOTA.

^^ ive heard that too...

i used to work at finishline and im still good friends with store managers and also a district manager. Basically, the whole presale process was causing manyproblems with customers getting thier shoes sold to someone else which left the customer a) pissed off or b) stuck with no shoes and a gift card with $xxx.xxdollars on it. This caused a huge customer service issue throughout the company. It is also true that Finishline can no longer display shoes prior to thierrelease date.

I think the idea kind of sucks because stores are missing out of a lot of big sales esp on release days of af1s or jordans. For instance, the Opening Day packthat was released last weekend. My local FNL still has a FSR of both colors because NO ONE in the area knew that they released. But i guess thats the meaningof a quickstrike i guess....but you know what i mean...But honestly, i think the presale will slowly come back. There was many time when i worked at FNL and aemail was sent telling us not to do certain things but a few weeks later it was back in effect. Hopefully it comes back.

This was stopped because of so many people whining. I had got majority of my shoes from FNL with the early release, but do to whiny people who don't havetheir game tight enough to do very little research and get the shoes reserved they stopped. Ohh well I know another company that does reserve. thank youHouston.

dude, polonike...if they still have a fsr, have them transfer a size 13 of each color to my store! we sold out and i missed out on my pairs due to not workingthat morning....

dude, polonike...if they still have a fsr, have them transfer a size 13 of each color to my store! we sold out and i missed out on my pairs due to not workingthat morning....

call me a whiner then...I think it sucks to pre sell. If I have to wake up early so do you...equal hassle, equal amount of work to get the shoes you want. Keeps the playing field level IMO.

How is it that Nike didn't know about this? I didn't realize that FNL was trying to pull a fast one. That doesn't make sense. Either way, I'mglad they stopped. My local FNL screwed me with the black XX3's. They said they'd call me when they got my size in, but guess what. So even though Iwas on top of things, I still had to wake up at 4:30 in the morning and wait in line at FL.

Additionally, their policy of having to pick up the shoes that afternoon was ridiculous. They're paid for. How greedy do they need to be?

because shoes have a release date for a reason. It isnt fair to those who follow the rules and go pick them up on RD and they were sold two days ago.

Originally Posted by AsianImage

call me a whiner then...I think it sucks to pre sell. If I have to wake up early so do you...equal hassle, equal amount of work to get the shoes you want. Keeps the playing field level IMO.
If you did your research you wouldn't have had to wake up early. It's unbelievable that some people still think childish, "If I can'thave it, no one can."

I was told that someone on Niketalk posted that FNL was taking reserves on the XX3's and that is why they were told to stop reserving.

In my opinion, I thought reserving was a good idea. It eliminates the possible fight at the mall, you don't have to wake up early, just call to see ifthey still had your size and they would tell you.

they had to stop because they were getting head start over the competition on pre-sells. Most finishlines that I know did not sellout before Footlocker, Champsand Footaction did, until they started preselling their shoes. it was considered an unfair advantage to all merchants with contracts to Jordan Brand/Nike toallow this to continue. nike was getting customer and probably other companies complaints about the situation of finishline selling out before the release dateand put a stop to it.

The only thing I hated about the practice is that they put your money on a gift card so technically you were buying a gift card so if you cancel, shoe is notthere or any other reason, or simply you change your mind and don't want the shoes, they then give you a gift card with your money on it which forces youto buy something else but what if the Jordan that released is the only shoe you wanted and if you are like me, you don't like Finishline and use them as aLAST resource when looking for a shoe.

The only thing I hated about the practice is that they put your money on a gift card so technically you were buying a gift card so if you cancel, shoe is notthere or any other reason, or simply you change your mind and don't want the shoes, they then give you a gift card with your money on it which forces youto buy something else but what if the Jordan that released is the only shoe you wanted and if you are like me, you don't like Finishline and use them as aLAST resource when looking for a shoe.

god damn now if there is a good release now imma have to wake up early for them again...back to the old days

I TRIED TO PRE ORDER THE OPENING DAY JOINTS AT A FINISHLINE
THEY TOLD ME ONE OF THERE EMPLOYEES ASKED A NIKE REP IF HE WANTED TO PREORDER THEM LMAO AND HE MADE THEM REMOVE THEM FROM THE DISPLAY CASE AND ALL THAT

Originally Posted by moneymike59

I'm an assistant manager over at a Finishline in MI and we received an email from our corporate telling us to stop and the email actually said "Niketalk" as to blame for Nike finding out LMAO.

yep Im an assistant mgr for fnl and it was stated than an employee posted on niketalk of the pre sale. And Nike was not having it

Back
Top Bottom