Why Aren't Movie Theathers In HD?

I remember seeing a diagram somewhere that movie theaters are the highest definition you can get, and blu-ray is actually a step down from what you see on abig screen.

Originally Posted by horchata kid

I remember seeing a diagram somewhere that movie theaters are the highest definition you can get, and blu-ray is actually a step down from what you see on a big screen.

That seems about right but they all should be in imax version.

smh@thinking movies theatres aren't HD

smh@asking why it has to be dark for a projector

move theaters play FILM witch hs no absolute resolution. there is NOTHING on the market that even compared to film ( not blu ray ect.) ESPECIALLY at thosescreen sizes/viewing distances

No kidding its a projector but wh..OHHH.

st_facepalm.gif

film captures the photons. disks capture teh pixels for teh graphics. really though. all other forms of media attempt to emulate film. film has no"resolution". it captures the light real time

because there are no such things as theathers

but i believe the highest u can go is imax cameras. but there are only like 20 in the world, and they are EXTREMELY expensive.

movie theater picture is of a higher "resolution" than any HD format out there. i believe movies are shown in 2k right now with imax being 4k. whenyou take into account the size of the screen and the viewing distance, the picture resolution is a lot higher than that of 1080p

digital projection provides a crisper picture but the film that the movie is shot on has a higher res than any TV out there which is why older films can beupscaled to full 1080p and still look great.

blah!

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

how old are you man.....C'mon really? Whats next dudes asking for HD mirrors?

bootleg benny is the man to see about those. 1220p resolution.

I remember seeing a diagram somewhere that movie theaters are the highest definition you can get, and blu-ray is actually a step down from what you see on a big screen.

Interesting.

what does a thread starter mean by hd? resolution? colors? cause im pretty sure movies in theaters are displayed at colors and resolutions way beyond dvd

Originally Posted by Kartoon2005

That seems about right but they all should be in imax version.

my guess is that it depends on the type of projector that the theatre has or the type of film that theyre projecting, who knows if the film theyre projectingin theaters is an exact duplicate of the film that the movies was shot on

all i know is that movies are shot at the highest resolution they can be (duh right?), whether or not theyre presented at that resolution in theaters is amystery to me

Yeah take an intro to film class and you'll learn this.

Back
Top Bottom