why are you fat?

im about 5' 7" and weigh about 160

i can lose weight very fast but im just to lazy to run an hour every other day and quit "junk food".

i really need to get out there and exercise a little im trying to get down to 145 at least.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Seriously, what's so hard about staying in shape?
Werd. It doesnt take much. Just move your damn body a little
laugh.gif

I'm not fat at all, I just want to lose some weight.

Lack of motivation FTL. I'd start exercising for a couple weeks, then one day I'd have an assignment & skip the day ... get lazy the next day ...

& it's all a cycle. School really makes you not want to exercise. Like at all.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Seriously, what's so hard about staying in shape?

Wish I could easily say this, ive been TRYING to really star workin out for like a year now, and I still haven't succeeded.

edit: im not fat yet though
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by blueLAMBORGHINI

Lack of motivation FTL. I'd start exercising for a couple weeks, then one day I'd have an assignment & skip the day ... get lazy the next day ...

The heck, school is your excuse? How many folks go to school, or work, or go to school AND work? Come on man.

How you gonna rationalize being fat? No excuse.

I just really started exercising on the regular every day for the past week. Lost about 5 pounds and gained a lil shape on my arms. Its nice to see girls lookat you more cuz of that and that keeps me motivated.

I read this EVERYTIME I feel lazy and dont wanna push myself:

"What was the cause of this bloated and unattractive body? The same things that causes the other sixty percent of American adults and thirteen percent oftheir children to be obese as well: convenience. It wasn?t that I had a lack of understanding in health; information on how being healthy leads to longer lifeexpectancy, more self esteem, and higher energy levels is everywhere! The idea that eating, and being, unhealthy is simply more convenient than eating what thehuman body is meant to eat. For years I had thought about trying to get into shape. Just try, if for no other reason than to create an excuse. If I putteredaround with healthy food for a week and didn?t lose any weight I would find solace in blaming my genetics for being fat; surely the fault couldn?t be placedsquarely on my shoulders. Like many, I too wanted to blame someone else for my current fitness level.

A point came where I grew tired of the emotional struggle. I was sick of accepting this body. There was an alternative and I would find it. There was no day,time, or set place I remember coming to this epiphany, it was a realization: I was pouring more mental effortinto making excuses to myself to not to live a healthy life style than it would to actually be healthy. The choice to take action would set me on a journeythat continues to this day. I would refocus. I would set goals. I would succeed."

Originally Posted by Flaming Hot Cheetos

Originally Posted by blueLAMBORGHINI

The heck, school is your excuse? How many folks go to school, or work, or go to school AND work? Come on man.

How you gonna rationalize being fat? No excuse.
I'm not fat.
laugh.gif

I'm not rationalizing either ... I clearly said I get lazy ... no excuse here ...

laugh.gif
@dude using school as an excuse.

I know guys with 18 hours in the gym between study sessions.

Never use school, work load, jobs, etc. as an excuse because there is always someone with your workload doing more. It's weak-minded.

I'm physically active most of the time (i.e basketball, gym, football, or even walking around in the city), i'm still fat though

Originally Posted by hellaones

Originally Posted by MATTDAINCREDIBLE

btw Ima start team fat boys

I'm down

Originally Posted by Mercenary X

some doesn't give a damn if they're fat

been big my whole life, kind of like it defines me.
roll.gif

thats an excuse.....

Im fat
I hit the Gym
Eat right (not all the time tho... i usually try to )
Play basketball, football, Tennis, Volleyball etc.
And barely any results with regard to fat loss (mostly experienced muscle gain)
Slow Metabolism FTL

The thing is that I feel Healthy.
But in Mcflyyy's eyes I guess Im "Dirty"
indifferent.gif

i'm pretty lucky to have a fast metabolism, even when i "let myself go" i gained 10 pounds max.

but on the real, it's a lot more difficult to maintain a healthy weight these days. there's far too much working against people

- busier schedules
- less physical labor
- the food industry

i think the biggest thing is the food industry. if you watched the video in the sugar thread, there's a lot of links to processed food and obesity. ALOT. and damn near everything is processed now. if people ate the same foods that were available before 1950, there would be a good amount of people that areobese now that wouldn't be that way.

Will the BMI ever be adjusted? I'm 6'2" and 205. I just looked at a BMI and at that height and weight you're considered overweight. IMOI'm no where near fat or overwieght.

With all Jokes aside...
If OP would have posted "Why are you gay?"
This thread would have went in a totally new direction.
When basically the some of the same arguments can be made about the topic.
Genetics, disorders, free will, etc....
but I guess NT aint ready to hear all that.

The BMI is inaccurate as hell if you have muscle mass and work out a lot.
But for general people who don't work out that much, it's a decent indicator. But if you work out, not really. Some running backs in the NFL would beconsidered obese, and I'm not even talking LenDale White

Back
Top Bottom