Why are the unemployment figures not getting more press?

Wawa, excellent article posted. I especially like the bits on Japan Inc. Japan and Germany both value skill and craftsmanship, two key components missing from this country. It is no surprise that Newsweek published an article/study about a year back that had Japan and Germany ranked far ahead of the U.S. when it comes to the top countries to live in. U.S. was of course no higher than #15.

Wawa, excellent article posted. I especially like the bits on Japan Inc. Japan and Germany both value skill and craftsmanship, two key components missing from this country. It is no surprise that Newsweek published an article/study about a year back that had Japan and Germany ranked far ahead of the U.S. when it comes to the top countries to live in. U.S. was of course no higher than #15.

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

I've been saying for 5 years to people that all the money is overseas but people are afraid or can't leave. I travel all the time and you would be amazed at how wide open some markets are.

i mean how practical is that?

I've been saying for 5 years to people that all the money is overseas but people are afraid or can't leave. I travel all the time and you would be amazed at how wide open some markets are.

i mean how practical is that?

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

The avg person wouldn't know how to seek opportunities abroad and it isnt cheap to just move out the country.

and alot of jobs are overseas because companies can save more with 
paying employees less

but in my job field (medical/phlebotomist) the market is full of positions

they can fill but they expect you to have year of experience fresh out of school

its pretty damn hard with just getting your foot in the door (in the city of dallas there are at least 9-10 new postings for phlebotomy daily)

its even hard to get a bs job over here(fast food,retail,ect) because the demand for labor is not there 

The avg person wouldn't know how to seek opportunities abroad and it isnt cheap to just move out the country.

and alot of jobs are overseas because companies can save more with 
paying employees less

but in my job field (medical/phlebotomist) the market is full of positions

they can fill but they expect you to have year of experience fresh out of school

its pretty damn hard with just getting your foot in the door (in the city of dallas there are at least 9-10 new postings for phlebotomy daily)

its even hard to get a bs job over here(fast food,retail,ect) because the demand for labor is not there 

Yea the tough thing is that there is no such thing as an Entry Level Job in todays world.

Internships are now the definition of Entry Level.

Most jobs want yrs of experience for Entry Level Positions.

And with a degree most Retail and Fast Joints wont hire you because they know your there just for a check.

Yea the tough thing is that there is no such thing as an Entry Level Job in todays world.

And with a degree most Retail and Fast Joints wont hire you because they know your there just for a check.

This is all connected to lower wages as well. Why have wages decreased while exec pay has increased, as well as commodity and housing? Ties in with employers expecting entry level workers to have 5 years of experience. So now they can pay these same people 30k instead of 50k, while getting the same production.

This is all connected to lower wages as well. Why have wages decreased while exec pay has increased, as well as commodity and housing? Ties in with employers expecting entry level workers to have 5 years of experience. So now they can pay these same people 30k instead of 50k, while getting the same production.

aren't we all? even kids without a degree are just there for a check lol.

aren't we all? even kids without a degree are just there for a check lol.

yeah i'm in hs and my teacher talks about some of these issues, and hearing about these unemployment rates and people with degrees struggling to find a job is pretty disheartening. that military spending is ridiculous, but i guess whoever makes those weapons are the ones making a lot of bank.

it can be reasonable to see that unemployment means more people would be interested in joining the military for financial situations. it's like the government would want more and more soldiers for war since probably war does benefit some real greedy people.

wouldn't it be more effective in the long if those people unemployed for months hardcore protested to change policy on spending? the government should fear their people right?

yeah i'm in hs and my teacher talks about some of these issues, and hearing about these unemployment rates and people with degrees struggling to find a job is pretty disheartening. that military spending is ridiculous, but i guess whoever makes those weapons are the ones making a lot of bank.

it can be reasonable to see that unemployment means more people would be interested in joining the military for financial situations. it's like the government would want more and more soldiers for war since probably war does benefit some real greedy people.

wouldn't it be more effective in the long if those people unemployed for months hardcore protested to change policy on spending? the government should fear their people right?

Why Protest?
jersey-shore-castjpg-f76ced407fe8ff0c_large.jpg

facebook-chat-emoticons.jpg

The-Hangover-2-6.jpg

kimkardashian300b.jpg

mcdonalds1.jpg

tyler-perry.jpg

ipad_sales12.png

ps3.jpg

miley_cyrus-gal-teen_choice.jpg

louis-vuitton-neverfull.jpg

We got Everything we Need. Who wants to give all this up?

Why Protest?
jersey-shore-castjpg-f76ced407fe8ff0c_large.jpg

facebook-chat-emoticons.jpg

The-Hangover-2-6.jpg

kimkardashian300b.jpg

mcdonalds1.jpg

tyler-perry.jpg

ipad_sales12.png

ps3.jpg

miley_cyrus-gal-teen_choice.jpg

louis-vuitton-neverfull.jpg

We got Everything we Need. Who wants to give all this up?

$%!# just working on cars out the gate people wanted me to have experience just to do entry level work and the pay is $%!#
The U.S. culture denigrates skilled labor and glorifies the C.E.O. and innovator as god-like heroes. Other nations, notably Germany, maintain a value and education system which recognizes and nurtures technical skills. In the U.S., we fawn over social media companies that generate billions in new wealth for Wall Street and a handful of founders and venture capitalists, and drill into every student's head the value not of tradecraft skills but of a four-year business degree.

Thanks for the article.

$%!# just working on cars out the gate people wanted me to have experience just to do entry level work and the pay is $%!#
The U.S. culture denigrates skilled labor and glorifies the C.E.O. and innovator as god-like heroes. Other nations, notably Germany, maintain a value and education system which recognizes and nurtures technical skills. In the U.S., we fawn over social media companies that generate billions in new wealth for Wall Street and a handful of founders and venture capitalists, and drill into every student's head the value not of tradecraft skills but of a four-year business degree.

Thanks for the article.

I make 15.50 an hour doing landscaping about 50 hours a week , which is good but I really dont want to be doing this %%%* for the rest of my life . On my lunch break right now and its starting to get hot out here
laugh.gif

I graduate college after this upcoming spring semester, im working on a double major in history and english but I havent interned
30t6p3b.gif
kinda worried about what my job prospects are gonna look like . Idek what I plan to do with these degrees
30t6p3b.gif
I feel like college was just going through the motions because that's what you're "supposed" to do . I did very well in all my courses and my GPA is around a 3.4 but im not so sure that i've done anything spectacular to seperate myself from the pack.

I just turned 21 and at the end of the day im grateful to be getting paid decent money at the moment but im extremely nervous about graduating and facing reality
laugh.gif

/rant

Good luck to all of my fellow Niketalkers struggling with finding work or worrying about their future.

Back
Top Bottom