why are the lebron viii's south beach's SO OVER PRICED?

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

Blame us my man. We sneaker enthusiasts set the bar and the market on prices.

You can segment us into Hypebeasts, Sneaker Heads, Resellers and the like...

But we all share one common theme. We all buy kicks.

Look what happened to all those resellers who bought up the Entourages and were stuck trying to sell them off? If you dont buy into the hype you dont pay the absurd prices.

If a shoe warrants a price....and we ALL have our price for certain shoes... we pay it.

No one can complain... we are all apart of this thing the youngin's now call a "game"
 well put

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

Blame us my man. We sneaker enthusiasts set the bar and the market on prices.

You can segment us into Hypebeasts, Sneaker Heads, Resellers and the like...

But we all share one common theme. We all buy kicks.

Look what happened to all those resellers who bought up the Entourages and were stuck trying to sell them off? If you dont buy into the hype you dont pay the absurd prices.

If a shoe warrants a price....and we ALL have our price for certain shoes... we pay it.

No one can complain... we are all apart of this thing the youngin's now call a "game"
 well put

4 pages and GOTTI hasn't commented on a Lebron SB THREAD? WOW!! lol

Its funny watching people get mad because The SB's are selling for more than the XI do. lol Let it go! the shoe is HOT!
People Hate Lebron so much they will say anything to discredit him. Even when Lebron LOOSES he still WINS! (that bank account looking REAL NICE, but thats not all life is about)

4 pages and GOTTI hasn't commented on a Lebron SB THREAD? WOW!! lol

Its funny watching people get mad because The SB's are selling for more than the XI do. lol Let it go! the shoe is HOT!
People Hate Lebron so much they will say anything to discredit him. Even when Lebron LOOSES he still WINS! (that bank account looking REAL NICE, but thats not all life is about)

Yeezy prices are a result of a number of factors:
-Grammy performance = anticipation & hype
-1st Nike sig shoe given to and designed by a non athlete
-Limited Release which brings out the resellers
-Quality is amazing. If you ever had the chance of holding a pair, the leather on the zens/tans is like a baby's bottom
-Glows in the dark
-Kanye was also very popular at this time. Graduation was still hot, anticipation of 808s 
ohwell.gif
, Pre Taylor Swift

South Beach prices on the other hand, I believe, were caused by these factors:
-LeBron leaving for Miami, people were hungry and hyped for LBJ's 1st "Miami" shoe
-1st dropped only in Florida. This had many people outside Miami scrambling to get a pair. Many thought it was a Miami only release which led to high prices off the bat. Once people figured it was gonna drop all over the states, prices dropped slightly and soon skyrocketed as soon as pairs dried up (resellers expecting same prices as during the 1st wave release in Miami)
-Design and color. 7s were very successful and comfortable (360 sole unit) and the 8s did not disappoint comfort wise. Also, where else have you seen a teal basketball shoe with pink accents?
-The Sneaker Community. Many were divided when they dropped. Some did not like the loud colors, some did. Once people saw them in person, many changed their minds and copped from resellers (who demanded same prices as 1st wave). Pairs soon dried up and now a DS pair goes for around 8+. Also "celebrities" had a hand in hype as well.

Just my 2 cents.

Yeezy prices are a result of a number of factors:
-Grammy performance = anticipation & hype
-1st Nike sig shoe given to and designed by a non athlete
-Limited Release which brings out the resellers
-Quality is amazing. If you ever had the chance of holding a pair, the leather on the zens/tans is like a baby's bottom
-Glows in the dark
-Kanye was also very popular at this time. Graduation was still hot, anticipation of 808s 
ohwell.gif
, Pre Taylor Swift

South Beach prices on the other hand, I believe, were caused by these factors:
-LeBron leaving for Miami, people were hungry and hyped for LBJ's 1st "Miami" shoe
-1st dropped only in Florida. This had many people outside Miami scrambling to get a pair. Many thought it was a Miami only release which led to high prices off the bat. Once people figured it was gonna drop all over the states, prices dropped slightly and soon skyrocketed as soon as pairs dried up (resellers expecting same prices as during the 1st wave release in Miami)
-Design and color. 7s were very successful and comfortable (360 sole unit) and the 8s did not disappoint comfort wise. Also, where else have you seen a teal basketball shoe with pink accents?
-The Sneaker Community. Many were divided when they dropped. Some did not like the loud colors, some did. Once people saw them in person, many changed their minds and copped from resellers (who demanded same prices as 1st wave). Pairs soon dried up and now a DS pair goes for around 8+. Also "celebrities" had a hand in hype as well.

Just my 2 cents.

they were a dope shoe but when prices hit $600s I sold mine at the right time, especially when you know theres going to be another South beach lebron down the line...

they were a dope shoe but when prices hit $600s I sold mine at the right time, especially when you know theres going to be another South beach lebron down the line...

You guys seriously refuse to believe that its only 1 factor for the South Beach success...

It's the colorway.... If that shoe did not have any pink on it, there wouldn't be as much hype as there is now.... That simple.

Why aren't the other colorways "poppin" like this? The shoe is hot, but add some pink to it....
pimp.gif

And it helps to have a shoe that resembles the Air Yeezy...

You guys seriously refuse to believe that its only 1 factor for the South Beach success...

It's the colorway.... If that shoe did not have any pink on it, there wouldn't be as much hype as there is now.... That simple.

Why aren't the other colorways "poppin" like this? The shoe is hot, but add some pink to it....
pimp.gif

And it helps to have a shoe that resembles the Air Yeezy...

Im pretty sure Brons just sitting back like.....
"hmm My Lbj 8 SB's going for up to $800 on ebay, and I havent even won 1 ring yet?"
lol

Im pretty sure Brons just sitting back like.....
"hmm My Lbj 8 SB's going for up to $800 on ebay, and I havent even won 1 ring yet?"
lol

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

Prices are steadily dropping. I'm seeing pairs go for less than 6 bills.

The fact is these should have NEVER EVER HIT ABOVE 300 in the first place.
That should tell you something  

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

Prices are steadily dropping. I'm seeing pairs go for less than 6 bills.

The fact is these should have NEVER EVER HIT ABOVE 300 in the first place.
That should tell you something  

This shoe ain't even that clean the grinch kobes are way cleaner I just got the south beaches just cause and now I want to sell em

This shoe ain't even that clean the grinch kobes are way cleaner I just got the south beaches just cause and now I want to sell em

I think there are a few more influences to why these go for so much

-Influence: This colorway has been so successful that Nike has placed it on several sneakers now, knowing that it has the ability to move units (i.e. Comfort XIs, Foamposites, etc.)

-Quality: People have stated time and time again the quality and comfort of these shoes. Also, the casual appeal is a big factor as well.

-Status: If people didnt know how much they go for before, they surely do now. Celebs have been seen in them (Joe Budden, Wale, DJ Khaled etc.). It's been known that the general public wants sneakers that celebrities have. It conveys to their peers that they are getting money and have it to blow.

-Acceptance: Many (including myself) bashed the Lebron 8 line when it first dropped. But by now, many have bought a pair, several pairs, have tried on, or have heard how comfortable the shoe is and how stylish it can be.

-No restocks: another factor that made this shoe go up as much in value is the fact that it was a limited release and that Nike didnt restock these like most shoes that they released. Once people realized this and how in demand they were, the price kept creeping and stayed there.

-Storied release: These represent a pivotal season for Lebron. going from America's basketball hero to the Most Hated, going to a new city and abandoning the city who birthed his basketball career, and going from a 9-5 record to the start of the season to ending up playing in his first NBA Finals series.

Point of the matter is that these aren't going to dip down to the 300ish levels again, especially since the IXs are a letdown appearance wise. The only reason that these are starting to dip is that it is summer and hot releases have a tendency of dipping slightly. Not to mention that these have to share the spotlight on ebay with the Banned 1s, Quai 54s, and Ray Allen 13s. Once that hype starts to subside (it has already for the Banned Is), these will creep back up in price and probably start settling in the 600-700 range on ebay and in the marketplace and in the 1000 range on Flight Club.

People who cant afford these now are going to wait until Christmas and Tax Refund time, just like with the Yeezys.

I think there are a few more influences to why these go for so much

-Influence: This colorway has been so successful that Nike has placed it on several sneakers now, knowing that it has the ability to move units (i.e. Comfort XIs, Foamposites, etc.)

-Quality: People have stated time and time again the quality and comfort of these shoes. Also, the casual appeal is a big factor as well.

-Status: If people didnt know how much they go for before, they surely do now. Celebs have been seen in them (Joe Budden, Wale, DJ Khaled etc.). It's been known that the general public wants sneakers that celebrities have. It conveys to their peers that they are getting money and have it to blow.

-Acceptance: Many (including myself) bashed the Lebron 8 line when it first dropped. But by now, many have bought a pair, several pairs, have tried on, or have heard how comfortable the shoe is and how stylish it can be.

-No restocks: another factor that made this shoe go up as much in value is the fact that it was a limited release and that Nike didnt restock these like most shoes that they released. Once people realized this and how in demand they were, the price kept creeping and stayed there.

-Storied release: These represent a pivotal season for Lebron. going from America's basketball hero to the Most Hated, going to a new city and abandoning the city who birthed his basketball career, and going from a 9-5 record to the start of the season to ending up playing in his first NBA Finals series.

Point of the matter is that these aren't going to dip down to the 300ish levels again, especially since the IXs are a letdown appearance wise. The only reason that these are starting to dip is that it is summer and hot releases have a tendency of dipping slightly. Not to mention that these have to share the spotlight on ebay with the Banned 1s, Quai 54s, and Ray Allen 13s. Once that hype starts to subside (it has already for the Banned Is), these will creep back up in price and probably start settling in the 600-700 range on ebay and in the marketplace and in the 1000 range on Flight Club.

People who cant afford these now are going to wait until Christmas and Tax Refund time, just like with the Yeezys.

^Agree with your points, but two details are incorrect.

There was a quick restock on at least NDC of the South Beaches that happened randomly in the middle of the night the week after release, which is how I got a pair. That was the only one I really know of happening on NDC though, so it wasn't like the Doernbecher 3s or some other shoes that restocked a couple times.

And this past NBA finals wasn't Lebron's first. Everybody forgets 2007 when the Cavs went against the Spurs, and probably rightfully so cuz they got their #*@!+ handed to them in a sweep that was the lowest rated Finals in NBA history. And...Tony Parker got the Finals MVP that year over Duncan, which is still a travesty to me lol

^Agree with your points, but two details are incorrect.

There was a quick restock on at least NDC of the South Beaches that happened randomly in the middle of the night the week after release, which is how I got a pair. That was the only one I really know of happening on NDC though, so it wasn't like the Doernbecher 3s or some other shoes that restocked a couple times.

And this past NBA finals wasn't Lebron's first. Everybody forgets 2007 when the Cavs went against the Spurs, and probably rightfully so cuz they got their #*@!+ handed to them in a sweep that was the lowest rated Finals in NBA history. And...Tony Parker got the Finals MVP that year over Duncan, which is still a travesty to me lol

^sorry got those two points wrong. Alot of people expected these to be the Red Carpet VIIs all over again. Man oh man were they wrong.

crazy that these hold more value than most OG Jordans (excluding DS Jordan 1s from 1985). another reason the value on these is so high is because of what people can get for them. I'd thought I would never see the day where a pair of Lebrons could be equal value for Black/Pink Yeezys. astounding.

paid wayyyy more than I wanted to for mines (500 shipped a week ago, basically DS), but its worth it not to look for this sneaker anymore. It's been a huge hassle, believe it or not.

^sorry got those two points wrong. Alot of people expected these to be the Red Carpet VIIs all over again. Man oh man were they wrong.

crazy that these hold more value than most OG Jordans (excluding DS Jordan 1s from 1985). another reason the value on these is so high is because of what people can get for them. I'd thought I would never see the day where a pair of Lebrons could be equal value for Black/Pink Yeezys. astounding.

paid wayyyy more than I wanted to for mines (500 shipped a week ago, basically DS), but its worth it not to look for this sneaker anymore. It's been a huge hassle, believe it or not.

Back
Top Bottom