Why are cigarette smokers so willing to give cigarettes to strangers?

Same reason when I pass a black dude I don't know we give each other that nod. Its a sense of camaraderie.

I used to be that way with gum in high school. If you asked me for one nicely, I wouldn't hesitate to give you one. And then the days when I didnt have any gum, someone would always hook it up

I always thought it had to do with some deeper level of camaraderie, kind of like sharing something in common for the rest of your life.

Obviously, there are limitations based on how the stranger acts when requesting a cigarette. But generally, if asked politely, it makes a lot of sense to share a cigarette.

This.

Smokers are like a gang :lol: And honestly it may be the biggest benefit to smoking. I go out of the bar with my best friend all the time while he smokes and they are all instant friends out there. It's actually pretty cool....minus most of them being sketch as all hell they are pretty cool (no shots at NT smokers).

People who don't smoke butts don't get it..it's simply cigarette karma def plus I like in NY and its almost $11-12 a pack so that tends to get old fast on ppl bumming butts too lol

Some are just being generous and paying it forward, but I think for the most part people feel guilty if they don't

not a cigarette smoker but on some days when i do feel like it i ,and im not in the hood, i usually offer to buy a couple of some strangers..

50-75 a piece..a whole buck if its a camel crush.

you pay it forward, goes with anything, theres days when u balling, others where u need that alley oop

People who don't smoke butts don't get it..it's simply cigarette karma def plus I like in NY and its almost $11-12 a pack so that tends to get old fast on ppl bumming butts too lol

12$?? :wow: You can get 3 packs of Marlboro 72's and have 1.50 left over for a soda with that here....

I hand em out like crazy because:

A) I only smoke when I drink, so I'd like to get rid of them before I get home

B) Peeps never think twice to hook me up with some when I don't have any at the bars/club

Smokers Karma I guess.

BTW...

It's pisses me off when....

Black dude: Can a borrow a Joe?
Me: No prob *pulls out Marlboro Light 72's*
Black dude: *Looks at me like I'm offering him a stick of dog ****
Black dude: You don't have a menthol?
Me: :stoneface:

I'm black, if that matters. [emoji]169[/emoji]

BTW...
Me:
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
My friend (he's white) back in college said that Newport's are black men's cigarettes.

BTW...
Me: :stoneface:

That's the type of stuff that makes you not even want to look at people. Choosy *** beggars....

I hate people come and ask for one and i tell them no and then they offer to buy one like that would make me change my mind.

Then there are people that ask to buy a cig and hand me 50 cents :smh: NY cigs are like $12-13

Last edited:
Maybe because you'd want someone to give you one if you were in need? I smoked newports for 1 year and then quit completely once I started getting into fitness and health. Once in a great while I might ask someone to hit their cigarette if i'm drunk. Don't know what is but being wasted+cig=great drunk.

Last edited:
That's the type of stuff that makes you not even want to look at people. Choosy *** beggars....

QFT You asking me for a smoke but you're gonna complain when it's not your brand? I've been smoking almost 20 years and only switched brands 3 times but if i'm out somewhere and need a smoke i'm gonna be grateful for whatever I can get....

could it be the consequence of saying no the person that ask, then an altercation escalading from the no.....

I've noticed this a lot and I mean A LOT :lol:

I figure they're just trying to share/spread the addiction. I politely decline.

Plus as of late the BB thread posters got me thinking every cig has ricin in it (even though it's in a vial) :lol:

Back
Top Bottom