Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Russel Westbrook

• Derrick Rose

• Total voters
Depends on what you need your PG to do.

I feel like Kyrie will def be in this discussion sooner than later

Honestly, i dont know if kevrocavich is serious, but LeBron probably would be if he only played that one position...

But in the end no one is gonna agree when it comes to this stale question. however, im bored and cant sleep so lets kill some time

when at full health this is my order of who you posted:

Rose

Paul

Rondo

Deron Williams

Westbrook

I had Westbrook at 3, then 4, then somehow he ended up 5th...because hes a hybrid guard (ill go in to his decision making or lack there of later on)

I know some will come in saying things like, "but Rose isnt a hybrid?" "Rose doesnt make his teammates better like Paul, Rondo,Williams.." blah blah blah...

The fact is, he plays with less offensive talent BY FAR than all 3 of those guys, so he has to be a scoring pg, or the Bulls lose. When healthy hes who i want as my point guard...speed, strength, handles, just overall athleticism, improving his jump shot/3pt shot, and is very underrated as a passer, and hes a leader...not vocally but his team feeds off his style of play...you can see how different they are without him, although that can be said for all 5 guys.  In the end, just my opinion, but i think the majority of NBA players and coaches would say Rose as well. 

Paul is the best passer, and court leader, but he doesnt take games over like Rose, and he is losing some of his speed

Rondo is the second best passer, and extremely intelligent, but has absolutely no jump shot/range, cant shoot free throws, and doesnt always get along with his teammates

Deron Williams is a nightmare to defend but i cant put him higher than 4 because the top 3 are just better in my opinion

Westbrook is the closest thing to Rose in athletic ability, but his decision making is just too questionable to be higher than 5 at this point.  He's the worst passer of the bunch.  I dont care if KD says its ok that Westbrook shoots more than him, its NOT.  Even if Westbrook played the 2, KD should have still about 4-5 more shots a game than Westbrook...I dont know the exact stats overall, maybe KD does avg more shots, but it didnt seem that way for the majority of last season/playoffs/finals.

Basically, an unnecessary response when you can basically take your pick and be set....not to mention this question is almost as bad as ranking "elite" qb's lol

Depends on what you need your PG to do.
I feel like Kyrie will def be in this discussion sooner than later
He'll be in the discussion half way through this season probably... i just dont know who hes gonna jump....I guess Rose will fall out until hes able to come back, and Kyrie will move to the 4th or 5th spot.

paul doesnt take over games like rose?  your being sarcastic right?
Let me start off by saying, Chris Paul was my favorite player from like '06-'09, and have loved watching him play since Wake Forest...

While he takes over games, he doesnt do it as often as Rose does.... Rose was taking over playoff games in his rookie year in Boston.  CP will kill you with mid range jumpers and his control over an offense, but Rose will get to the hoop with 3-4 guys coming at him/closing in on him over and over, which leads to free throws and 3 point plays, and is more than capable of getting hot from mid range at the same time....so you never really know what to expect from Rose.  Will he drive on your whole team? will he cross you up and pull up, will he throw up a wild floater that he makes look so easy? When he takes games over, hes doing all of thoes things at once. Again I have CP at #2 so its not like im dissing him at all, or even underestimating him...I'm taking Rose when healthy

I had it all explained for you, but this stupid post restriction for new members, erased my post when i clicked submit, so now ill keep it short

CP takes control of games with jump shots and pure point guard play, such as running the offense to near perfection...

Rose takes over games by creating havoc all over the offensive end...He was doing it as a rookie in the playoffs vs. a championship Celtics team in Boston.  he can drive and reverse layup/throw it down with 3-4 guys closing in on him, leading to free throws, three point plays, engaging the home crowd and his entire team, get hot from mid range, throw up wild floaters and off balanced shots, as well as the ability to knock down a three all in the same 8-10 minute critical stretch of a game.  When he gets in that zone, noone can stop him.  But i put CP at #2 so it aint like im dissin him or underestimating his abilities...I'm just taking Rose...

i get that rose is the better scorer but when i hear take over games i think crunch time and thats usually when paul steps it up on both ends in more ways than just scoring.  not trying to knock rose if it were just about scoring i would agree with u but i think theres more ways to take over a game than just scoring.

It doesnt really matter who you take...both do it in different ways.... i prefer Rose's way of doing it

Why isn't curry getting any love? I'm on my phone in class so I'll keep it short and quick. Dude doesn't ball hog or play hero ball. He scores when he needs to or has the open shot. That's why he has a high fg%, and we all know he can knock down fts. It seems like people written him off because of his ankles but he has so many things going for him. He has tremendous court vision, always finding Wright for the open 3 or half court lobs. He may not be able to take over the game like the more argletic pgs but that's not his fault, the pg shouldn't be the closer. He may not be the best pg but I'll say he's the most efficient and that's what you want from your pg.

Rondo easily. He doesn't need to take over games and be the front man, he gets other players involved, manages the tempo of the game and always thinks pass first. Not to mention he is great at getting to the rim and hitting mid range shots.

on that list, everyone is a true focal point of their offense, except for Westbrook. hes a clear #2 behind Durant.

Why isn't curry getting any love? I'm on my phone in class so I'll keep it short and quick. Dude doesn't ball hog or play hero ball. He scores when he needs to or has the open shot. That's why he has a high fg%, and we all know he can knock down fts. It seems like people written him off because of his ankles but he has so many things going for him. He has tremendous court vision, always finding Wright for the open 3 or half court lobs. He may not be able to take over the game like the more argletic pgs but that's not his fault, the pg shouldn't be the closer. He may not be the best pg but I'll say he's the most efficient and that's what you want from your pg.

yea i agree stephen is a one hell of a PG but we are having a debate on the BEST PG in the league. Stephen is not ready for that yet mainly because he has never been to the playoffs and never been in that stage. you never know he might be a totally different player in the playoffs..

Back
Top Bottom