Who wins NFL Comeback player of the year?

Peyton or AD? and why?

I'm torn man. Both guys came back from major surgeries. But in the end, I gotta go Peterson. Teams load the box since they don't believe Ponder can beat them throwing, and he still puts up numbers. Crazy..If he gets the record next week, he's gotta get it (& MVP imo)

I see them splitting it btw.

I find it :pimp: that we're gonna have the same argument for MVP depending on if the Vikes make the playoffs.

Peterson hands down. He gets hit on every play and the injury he is coming back from has ended countless players careers. He will break the record next week and go down as a top 5 back EVER.

People said Peyton would NEVER play again, and if he did he wouldn't even be a shell of himself, crucified him for going to Denver, said he'd be lucky to win 8 games.

His team has a chance to the #1 seed in the AFC right now.

Not saying. Just Saying.

I said this on the twitter a week or so ago:
"give AP & Peyton the MVP & comeback POY awards, the league will understand"

AP. Without a doubt. Dude blew his knee out a year ago from TODAY. He's been playing at a Hall of Fame level for a few months now.

People said Peyton would NEVER play again, and if he did he wouldn't even be a shell of himself, crucified him for going to Denver, said he'd be lucky to win 8 games.
Not saying. Just Saying.

People always overexaggerate arm strength. While important, I can't believe people quickly seemed to negate how Peyton achieved success in the first place, because it wasn't arm strength. I felt, for the most part, if he threw it only 80% of how he use to, that he'd still be fine just because of how meticulous this guy is and how much he knows the game. I personally won't give it to him when I expected, to some degree, this to happend. I had the Broncos in the SB from day 1. Not my fault no one else didn't believe.

Last edited:
Manning. Hands down.

Not to downgrade what AD has come back from, but knee injuries are not what they were even just a decade ago.

Manning is lucky to even be playing right now. The guy missed an entire season and needed two surgeries to repair his neck. He's got the Broncos positioned for a first round bye, which is just unbelievable to me.

Manning. Hands down.
Not to downgrade what AD has come back from, but knee injuries are not what they were even just a decade ago.
Manning is lucky to even be playing right now. The guy missed an entire season and needed two surgeries to repair his neck. He's got the Broncos positioned for a first round bye, which is just unbelievable to me.

Maybe so, but AP has far and away done what no one has been able to do so soon after a knee surgery like that. Most come back, but not like this...Not even close.

And how is Manning lucky to be playing? I know thats what the early reports were, but everyone knew he would be able to come back and take a hit. It was more about whether or not he would have the strength to throw and be competitive.

I think it's true that since Manning did miss the entire year last season, he truly would be a comeback because AP only missed a game I believe, so it's almost like just an offseason.

Last edited:
Not saying. Just Saying.

This is not true, plenty of people picked them to go to the Super Bowl before the season started.

I said this on the twitter a week or so ago:
"give AP & Peyton the MVP & comeback POY awards, the league will understand"

I can go with this. But, man what AP is doing is amazing, without a knee brace or anything. Looks like nothing ever happened to him. I know basketball is a different sport but I hope Rose can come back and perform like this....

I think doing Co-MVPs is cop out. It's like the League saying "AP really deserves it this year, but we love Peyton and he's quarterback so we'll just do co-winners."

Co-CPOY I can understand. Not MVP.

AP or PM should win, whichever one doesn't win the MVP should get CPOTY, both have legit cases.

People aren't mentioning the fact Peyton did this at 36, when most players would have retired by then just from age.  

It's easier to come back from an injury when you're in the start to middle of your career, then to come back at the end. It's like they put a terminator skeleton in his body.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Manning, look at the Broncos and where they are now because of him.

/thread

Peyton...

AP really didn't miss much actual game time at all... What hes doing after his surgery is insane however.

If Peterson had pulled a hamstring last season, missed the last 3 games, and played at this level this season.....would the award go to him?

If you answered no to my question, why would your opinion change because it was a ligament tear? Coming back from a three game injury does not warrant a comeback player of the year award in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom