who will replace VanGundy after he gets fired this summer?

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

JaeEvolution wrote:

So leading his team just two seasons ago to the Finals makes him a bad coach?
Oh yeah, thanks for bringing up a past Heat team to show how irrelevant your statement is. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JaeEvolution

Oh yeah, thanks for bringing up a past Heat team to show how irrelevant your statement is. 
laugh.gif

oh.

Van Gundy also built a really good Heat team around Wade and Odom the year before the made the Shaq trade.. .  I'll always respect coaches who can build their own team like that.  Pat Riley coming in as far as I'm concerned was an ego trip, the Magic are a good team but I don't understand how you become a bad coach by losing to the CELTICS and LAKERS in the playoffs in a crazy loaded league...
Like, by your standards how many good coaches are there in the league?  4?  Phil Jackson, Popovich, Pat Riley, Doc Rivers?....

laugh.gif

oh.

Van Gundy also built a really good Heat team around Wade and Odom the year before the made the Shaq trade.. .  I'll always respect coaches who can build their own team like that.  Pat Riley coming in as far as I'm concerned was an ego trip, the Magic are a good team but I don't understand how you become a bad coach by losing to the CELTICS and LAKERS in the playoffs in a crazy loaded league...
Like, by your standards how many good coaches are there in the league?  4?  Phil Jackson, Popovich, Pat Riley, Doc Rivers?....

All I know is that Stern hates how he's always complaining and I think that impacts the refs' treatment of D12. How dude is leading the league in ts is beyond me.

All I know is that Stern hates how he's always complaining and I think that impacts the refs' treatment of D12. How dude is leading the league in ts is beyond me.

The sad part is that although Jeff would be a great fit and could coach through the whole season of speculation about Dwight leaving he will not take that job after his brother lost it, and will not deal with a whole season of Dwight speculation.

The sad part is that although Jeff would be a great fit and could coach through the whole season of speculation about Dwight leaving he will not take that job after his brother lost it, and will not deal with a whole season of Dwight speculation.

Originally Posted by 10027

laugh.gif

oh.

.......by what standards? i didnt give any.

- what i did say was he was a horrible coach, but i didnt expand on it. and this:

....okay you two. this is the real world, where coaches are most often found to be the first scapegoat regardless of fault.

- now, i believe SVG is the problem, but even if he wasnt, the team has been blown up twice to make the team better. an owners logic will fire SVG before Otis. however they may both go at the same time. but no way in hell Otis goes before SVG......even if he is the one to deserve it.

......thats not MY logic.....or even MY opinion. this is how the NBA works. we've seen this happen over and over again. owners quick to pull the trigger because the team didnt go further than the year before. teams today dont have patience.

- with that said, THEY HAVE blown up the team twice. the only other option (to an owner) is to get rid of the Coach..........or the Coach and the GM. mark my words, if the Magic dont make it to the ECF SVG will be fired before the summer is out.

......the ONLY thing one can imply from me making this thread is i think Orlando wont even make it to the East Finals. to an owner thats a step backwards and not what they're spending all that money for. and they will hit the panic button with SVG standing right on top of the trap door.

Originally Posted by 10027

laugh.gif

oh.

.......by what standards? i didnt give any.

- what i did say was he was a horrible coach, but i didnt expand on it. and this:

....okay you two. this is the real world, where coaches are most often found to be the first scapegoat regardless of fault.

- now, i believe SVG is the problem, but even if he wasnt, the team has been blown up twice to make the team better. an owners logic will fire SVG before Otis. however they may both go at the same time. but no way in hell Otis goes before SVG......even if he is the one to deserve it.

......thats not MY logic.....or even MY opinion. this is how the NBA works. we've seen this happen over and over again. owners quick to pull the trigger because the team didnt go further than the year before. teams today dont have patience.

- with that said, THEY HAVE blown up the team twice. the only other option (to an owner) is to get rid of the Coach..........or the Coach and the GM. mark my words, if the Magic dont make it to the ECF SVG will be fired before the summer is out.

......the ONLY thing one can imply from me making this thread is i think Orlando wont even make it to the East Finals. to an owner thats a step backwards and not what they're spending all that money for. and they will hit the panic button with SVG standing right on top of the trap door.

i think the bottom line is SVG is a micromanager with a predictable offense. dude needs to let guys like gil just to theyre thing. with that said, Adelman would be the best replacement

i think the bottom line is SVG is a micromanager with a predictable offense. dude needs to let guys like gil just to theyre thing. with that said, Adelman would be the best replacement

Originally Posted by aepps20

pisses me off how D12 does a tiny thing and gets a tech, but kobe cries after every shot he misses, yelling st the refs but gets waaaaaaaay more of a pass. yes i know kobe has 15 techs but if D12 did the same things as kobe, he would haave 30 by now

Originally Posted by aepps20

pisses me off how D12 does a tiny thing and gets a tech, but kobe cries after every shot he misses, yelling st the refs but gets waaaaaaaay more of a pass. yes i know kobe has 15 techs but if D12 did the same things as kobe, he would haave 30 by now

^ Dwight does get the worst treatment in the NBA by far, when it comes to fouls and techs. I guess because of the ref's personal bias. Dude is a beast, so people subconciously think he shouldn't be complaining about anything.

What if you played some pickup ball at the park and the biggest dude started whining about gettin hit on the arm? I think the refs feel that way about Dwight.

Shaq got the same treatment back in the day.

Back
Top Bottom