Who use to order kicks from Eastbay mag back in the day?

Say 1996 to about 2000? Those were the days! I remember when I was in 3rd grade (1996) my boy gave me eastbays number, I subscribed to the monthly issues andthe rest is history. 10+ years later, I still get Eastbays monthly but off course things are different. Now, all you have to do is order online. Being that Idont stand in line anymore for JB release dates, I usally just hit up Eastbay via the celly at about 12am on the head and order my pair and call it a night.But, when eastbay mags were popping in the 90s and early 2000s, if you wanted exclusive shoes (and didnt live in a big market like LA, NYC, etc) Eastbay wasthe place to go. I remember getting a pair of Emmitt Smiths signature kicks, and The kid griffeys signature kicks from the 99/2000 season in yellow and skyblue. Who else use to use Eastbay to cop kicks they couldnt get in stores?

i use to. i remember my first item was a black and grey Jordan FOOTBALL jersey. thought i was dooooiinnn iitttt.

but you know what....i wasnt.

dudes in the hood was like "
eek.gif
damn son how u got a Micheal Jordan football jersey. that *$%* sweet as a *$*!$ "

laugh.gif

not my pic
xdrxfq.jpg

^^^Im talking about when you couldnt order from the site and had to phone it from looking at the shoe code in the book. I know people still order from thesite. I dont think you could order directly from the site until about 2000.

When I was young and didn't have a credit card or bank account, I used to order through the magazine via snail mail by sending money orders so that myparents wouldn't find out I was ordering shoes and clothes. Those were the good old days, I appreciated stuff much better back then than today.

Originally Posted by numbah1grimey

^^^Im talking about when you couldnt order from the site and had to phone it from looking at the shoe code in the book. I know people still order from the site. I dont think you could order directly from the site until about 2000.

yeah i hear you. i remember ordering over the phone back in the day. i remember talking to people with canadian accents.

I remember when the new Eastbay would come in the mail. It was like bringing a Playboy to school, everybody wanted to see it.

Always use to bring it to school and look through it in elementary school '94 and after around i would say. Use to always make its rounds across the table
laugh.gif

I recently ordered from them when the White Penny II's were retro'd, now I get magazines every month. I remember how popular the magazines were back inthe day....Those were the days LOL

I ordered a Manny Ramirez Cleveland Indians jersey back in the day. They messed up the order and gave me $25 gift card + the jersey. I love how their packagesused to come, all super-taped up in a vacuum sealed bag. It's been a while since i ordered from there.

I used to order jerseys from them all the time.

The last pair of shoes I ordered was grape's.

I don't even look at the mag now...

yea--I remember I got my goldenrods off Eastbay and some addidas pro models that you couldn't find in stores
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

most of the days I'd just gawk and dream
frown.gif
Moms didn't startbuying me shoes I ACTUALLY wanted until I was in the 9th grade
laugh.gif
Thenafter that, I just bought what I wanted

Those OG eastbay catalog were
pimp.gif
. So much heat back then. I remember going after junior high and just lay back watch some cartoon and flip the catalog whilewaiting for my mom to come home so she can buy me new kicks. Damn memories

dudes used to bring those mags to school and we'd all go goo goo ga ga over them

those were the days

man only real nancy boys didn't order from eastbay back in the day.

i remember in 4th grade like '01-'02 we used to be huddled around the magazine during classtime and the teacher would always break it up.

or that one kid trying to read it behind his folder
laugh.gif
, always got snatched by the maestra.

the good days
pimp.gif

Eastbay back in the day was...
pimp.gif
now I can't ever get through when Iuse the computer/phone.

Back
Top Bottom