who still watches Formula 1?

not me.

I basically lost interest when Michale Schumacher retired, plus the weird broadcasting times made it a wrap
tired.gif

Yes and i still can't believe how Hamilton went to pieces at the end of the season. It was all going too well.

^ yeah, but nontheless still a fantastic debut year... disappointed how the 'real' character of Alonso turned out, though...

ahhh, its the lovely Kate Beckinsale again...

Good call not putting this in the sports forum.

I could never get into racing, im not patient enough to sit through a whole race. Don't these things go for like 200 laps?

I watch it religiously. Every telecast live, even if it means staying up until 10 am pst. The most demanding and challenging sport of all of them and my lovefor it runs deep (since i was quite young, actually) To lose interest because schumi is gone is kind of ridiculous. He wasnt' F!, he was simply astage ofF!. SUre he was great, but there have been (and will be) other greats as well.

I could never get into racing, im not patient enough to sit through a whole race. Don't these things go for like 200 laps?

More like 70. Does go on a while though.

Has anyone ever watched a race live?

Its my dream to travel to Monaco and watch that race live. The fact that there a lot of $$$ injected into the sport, and the general high class feeling thesprot carries interests me.

Originally Posted by I3

Has anyone ever watched a race live?

Its my dream to travel to Monaco and watch that race live. The fact that there a lot of $$$ injected into the sport, and the general high class feeling the sprot carries interests me.

Yes, I've been to pretty much every european race at one point or another as well as canada. Never gone to asia or the middle east (don't intend toeither) It's quite a fun experience and, if you enjoy the sport, I highly encourage you to go if you have the means.

Originally Posted by briannnnn

F1 races don't drag as long as NASCAR ones do.

Yeah, and I could never sit for a couple of hours watching dudes go in circles....I never understood NASCAR
eyes.gif

But a trip to Monaco to watch the Grand Prix would be so dope.

I made all of the F1 race post last year. Me, Curt, Magic, and Sinner had great discussions
pimp.gif

I've been to a couple F1 events but not this past year because of school.

You NTers in the states are lucky this year, Speed is in HD now i believe....

Originally Posted by BEATSLIM

You NTers in the states are lucky this year, Speed is in HD now i believe....

No way...
5b315d6dcd568f6633adf1e191af6a7016ecf3f.jpg

I just checked and it's not on Dish yet...

I'm not calling ducktales, but I do remember Speed trying to get an HD channel together but there were issues over bandwidth availability

Hey BEATSLIM, didn't recognize you with the Stewie avatar... can't wait for the new season...

but yeah, I've been lucky enough to attend two races before... hearing those machines live is something else...

i used to be a big CART\NASCAR fan back in the day , but kinda got out of it . I've been trying to get into F1 but i cant usually find when the races takeplace. Anyone got any info on to where to find schedules, and also do they ever hold races in America ?

A lot of people, it is the second most viewed sport in the world after soccer. I'll watch whenever it's on if i'm up, sometimes see races on at4AM.

Originally Posted by sjuelz

i used to be a big CART\NASCAR fan back in the day , but kinda got out of it . I've been trying to get into F1 but i cant usually find when the races take place. Anyone got any info on to where to find schedules, and also do they ever hold races in America ?

I used to LOVE cart but a lot of people have moved on or retired and the series isn't what it used to be.

briannnnn- I think it's only on Directv.

I already know sinner is gonna be down in Singapore for the night race this year
tongue.gif

iceman i remember you, the lone //////////// Scuderia Ferrari supporter
tongue.gif

All of my favorite drivers have left the series, but im a fan of the BMW Sauber team, hopefully they can be more competitive with McLaren and Ferrari this year

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

A lot of people, it is the second most viewed sport in the world after soccer.
WIth force india and the indian gp thing, I wouldn't be surprised if it soon becomes the MOST watched. It's always fun being in a european pubduring a race when people get intense about it. You could be at an american sports bar/resturant and it wouldn't even be on (from experience). Despite whatS&T forum thinks, there are more (and more popular) sports in the world than baseball, football, and basketball.

Back
Top Bottom