Who should mixed people relate most to?

If you are anything other than white then you are a minority in a "white" persons eyes. Take Barack, his mom was a white lady, dude is educated tothe fullest and mad successful, yet he's still being called the "Black" Presidential candidate. If he had everything about him the same excepthis Dad was white this election wouldn't have the country divided like it does. Sucks but that's just the way it is.

Sad thing is, there is no such race as white. Even worse than that is white people call themselves Americans but everyone else has to have a prefix in front ofthe word American. As if they originated here... I could go on but won't.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

humans

Ding Ding Ding. We have a winner. Race in my opinion is really no different than the color onf ones eyes. It is just somethign we have humans have made todivide and segregate people.

i'm half black half white, everyone assumes i'm black just light skin, cop puts Black for ethnicity, if I was alive 200 years ago I would be pickingcotton, so I identify with being black, if someone gets technical I just tell them, but prefer not too since people will say some mild racist comment then turnand say "haha, it's cool, he's only half black" like that gives them a pass
ae626f62568d4ca236c2d57481fcf672a2b578ac.gif
6f636eff2e298c5ec2f43ca6248e72b40ef97177.gif

Originally Posted by iBlink

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

i feel him, even if ya'll don't.

I grew up the opposite, with my mom's side of the fam....in the hood....

and i would see my pops every other weekend, and be exposed to a lot of white people....

honestly, i always related more to black people than white people....a lot of the time white people made me uncomfortable...

whether they were nice or mean....i was just awkward for me all the time...

for example, i remember vividly, once i was at like a cookout with my dad...

nice giant, luxurious home...i was playing outside with all the kids...and we came in to get refreshments...

and someones like mom was all tipsy and loud like "OH MY GOD, YOUR SKIN IS SO WONDERFUL!!! DO YOU TAN?"

now, as someone that had been teased for being so light his entire life, i'm looking at her confused like

"no, this is my skin color"

and shes all "OMG, I WOULD KILL TO LOOK LIKE YOU"

im stonefacing her, at this point the entire party has fallen silent and are staring directly at me and her...

im sure she was being sincere, it was just awkward to me...

that being said, my answer = black people.

but it is interesting that you are like the complete opposite to me...

btw, are you light or dark?

I'm more so in between.

My dad's like... really dark; Like Charlie Murphy dark. And my mom has this natural tan.

But you actually get what I'm saying. I never had to relate to any one group when I lived in New York, but in, I was only exposed to black people and my charachter caused me to stand out. Around my mom's family, I can be myself, but I feel as though the rest of society sees me as just a young black man, which iisn't the case.
dog you will be black in everyones eyes with that tone.I think you should chill with whoever you want too though

I know it's hard cuz if your into Blink 182, Blacks will consider you a "white boy".
Because of your skin tone, whites will consider you Black.
One is based on interest and personality, the other is based on skin tone so it becomes a complex problem.
I think you should be yourself and let people know your situation so they dont try to play you one way
or the other.

Originally Posted by nbirn2103

I'm bi-racial as well. I've learned that you don't necessarily belong to either group. Rather you are a representation of both. You are unique individual, just find comfort with those that accept you. When I was in college in PA, White people generally considered/perceived me as Asian. However when I came home to the bay area all my Asian friends considered me as white.

You gotta gift my dude. You have the opportunity to learn from both cultures. Take the best from each and you'll find yourself.

Thats very true. Many people only experience one culture and call it their's without getting to experience others.
I'm not biracial, but I would relate to the culture that I was exposed to more and knew more about. If it was equal, then I would just say both. It'snot like it's a bad thing to experience more than one culture.

I think you should try to relate to both. I mean they're essentially both a part of you and it shouldn't be a matter of choosing which side you want tobe on. Individuals with multiple cultures have the upper hand because they can relate to more people, as long as you look passed your skin color you feel me?I'm mexican and vietnamese and people ask me all the time which do I consider myself more as. Most of the time I just tell em mexican so they can just moveon with their day.

The people who run society (white people) always feel a need to label people. You will always be a black male in there eyes but what they peg you as does notmatter. What matters is what you view yourself as. You have grown up in a environment where you had many diverse influences so let those influences define whoyou are. My two best friends are mixed, one is Filipino/Ecuadorian and the other is Japanese/Panamanian. Living in NYC is definitely different than otherplaces but I don't know if they consider themselves to really be either. They jus are and they the only thing that should matter, personality, define whothey are.

I'm in the same boat as well. I'm half black/half hispanic. I grew up with my mother's side of the family which is straight Jamaican. I neverreally spent that much time with my father's side of the family until a few years ago. I barely speak any spanish so most people just assume I'm black.I identify more with my black side because that's the culture I was brought up in. I get alot of weird looks when people hear me play reggaeton in my caror on my iPod. People definitely judge you by how you look but I don't let that phase me. I won't let someone else try to make me fit into what theythink I'm supposed to be. Just be yourself and have others take you as you are. Don't ever feel like you have to switch up your demeanor for anyone.

"There is no such thing as half black. Being half black is like being half pregnant" -Chris Rock

I hate to break it to you, but society says your black...your just a "Carlton Banks" kind of black.

Originally Posted by bmorekicks

"There is no such thing as half black. Being half black is like being half pregnant" -Chris Rock

I hate to break it to you, but society says your black...your just a "Carlton Banks" kind of black.

FAIL

Who ever the heck works for you..you don't gotta be "white" or "black", all that crap is $%%+ society makes. Listen to, watch and bewhoever the hell you want
smile.gif

Originally Posted by iBlink

I didn't fit in (I was a cool lame kind of).

My current situation.
laugh.gif

But I've learned not to really get caught up in this type of stuff. I relate to whatever my past experiences in life cause me to.

I just acknowledge that because my skin is brown, society will always assume that I listen to hardcore rap, grew up in the projects (kinda true, but still,)and sell drugs for a living.

i feel you bro, i'm jamaican and black american
but i relate more to my jamaican side, but i still acknowledge my other half
but mixed people should just relate to whatever makes em feel more comfortable

Back
Top Bottom