WHO REMEMBERS EKIN702? What happened to him? Methodman? Dirty? OG NT's ONLY

eek.gif

eek.gif

The good old days......

I lurked for at least 1 or 2 years before joining too. 

I vaguely remember something about going back and forth (jokingly) with danny almonte in usc/ucla threads years ago. 

Anyone remember gelo?

And, Team Nerd still > any other team. 
laugh.gif

eek.gif

eek.gif

The good old days......

I lurked for at least 1 or 2 years before joining too. 

I vaguely remember something about going back and forth (jokingly) with danny almonte in usc/ucla threads years ago. 

Anyone remember gelo?

And, Team Nerd still > any other team. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by EKIN702

I could have been here faster but I totally forgot my password to log into Niketalk.  I probably spent a good hour trying to remember what email I used for NT too.
Now that I'm logged in I am so not used to this.  It's so fancy now...gaaaaaah

I guess I'm still an old schooler at heart.

Speaking of who's who...what happened to "JediNYC"?

roll.gif

First off, holy wow at some of the people popping out of the woodwork in here!  E7, Bastitch, Basir, ellaesco, Jenny Bana!  %*% is going on around here?  My head damn near exploded seeing some of these names.  I feel like it's 2001 all over again.  Thanks so much to all you guys for all the years of fun.  Still missing a few of the old heads though.  No Menace5tar (Carra), TetsujinMorimoto, Ben Baller, Meth, etc.  It would be nice to see a few more of these m.i.a. NTOG's check in before this thread makes its way off the front page and into NT purgatory.  And it wouldn't be an old school 00's thread without saying RIP to AM.

Now, onto JediNYC.  I seem to remember him getting exposed on here for fronting about being a manager at NTNY, doing some bad deals, and then just going at people for no reason.  I know for sure around that time he wigged out on me when I refused to trade him my Carbon Fiber Flightposites.  Turns out he wanted me to give him my Flightposites AND $200 for a pair of just released Columbia XI retros.  I laughed him out of the building, and he sent me a crazy email cussing me out, haha.  Not too long after that, the crap hit the fan in a thread on here, and he just fell off the face of the earth.

I think somebody mentioned J.D. with all the Dunks, too.  I used to talk to him all the time on MSN Messenger, but then he just quit logging on.  I probably haven't talked to him in 4-5 years, and have NO idea where he went.

Peace,
   J

Originally Posted by EKIN702

I could have been here faster but I totally forgot my password to log into Niketalk.  I probably spent a good hour trying to remember what email I used for NT too.

I guess I'm still an old schooler at heart.

Speaking of who's who...what happened to "JediNYC"?

roll.gif

First off, holy wow at some of the people popping out of the woodwork in here!  E7, Bastitch, Basir, ellaesco, Jenny Bana!  %*% is going on around here?  My head damn near exploded seeing some of these names.  I feel like it's 2001 all over again.  Thanks so much to all you guys for all the years of fun.  Still missing a few of the old heads though.  No Menace5tar (Carra), TetsujinMorimoto, Ben Baller, Meth, etc.  It would be nice to see a few more of these m.i.a. NTOG's check in before this thread makes its way off the front page and into NT purgatory.  And it wouldn't be an old school 00's thread without saying RIP to AM.

Now, onto JediNYC.  I seem to remember him getting exposed on here for fronting about being a manager at NTNY, doing some bad deals, and then just going at people for no reason.  I know for sure around that time he wigged out on me when I refused to trade him my Carbon Fiber Flightposites.  Turns out he wanted me to give him my Flightposites AND $200 for a pair of just released Columbia XI retros.  I laughed him out of the building, and he sent me a crazy email cussing me out, haha.  Not too long after that, the crap hit the fan in a thread on here, and he just fell off the face of the earth.

I think somebody mentioned J.D. with all the Dunks, too.  I used to talk to him all the time on MSN Messenger, but then he just quit logging on.  I probably haven't talked to him in 4-5 years, and have NO idea where he went.

Peace,
   J

Wow, it's like the 10 year reunion for NikeTalk's class of 2000.  Takes me back to simpler times. 

Fancy?  If anything we're an antique.  The site really hasn't changed all that much from back in the day:  

http://web.archive.org/web/20000510125457/http://talk.to/niketalk

http://web.archive.org/web/20000510125457/http://talk.to/niketalkCompare that to what the rest of the Internet was like around then:  http://www2.warnerbros.com/spacejam/movie/jam.htm

http://www2.warnerbros.com/spacejam/movie/jam.htmIn light of how much every other site on the Internet has changed, NikeTalk is virtually Amish.  
Ekin made NT in terms of legitimate sneaker info that didnt come from anywhere else. Now most of the info we get comes from another site and posted here. 

Yeah, back in the day - sad as it was - I actually had to serve as a source with stuff like this: 

79235f6a6baba6f0b37ffe3f23ea9bcb1143032.jpg

5993595b6a95afb1b7c1fb1926c27a8fb048a4c.jpg

Thank goodness Ekin relieved me of that awful responsibility.  He became THE premier source for sneaker news, and since he posted exclusively on NikeTalk you have to give him a ton of credit for helping us build and solidify our audience during those early years.   

It's always great to see him back here, but unfortunately all the negative attention his posts received from Nike made it very difficult for him to relax on here in a way that most of us take for granted.  These days, they pay people to "leak" images to industry subsidized outlets to promote their product.  Back then, they were terrified of what, in truth, was absolutely great for them.  They were called "wallet breakers" for a reason.

Nelson C and I received more than one legal threat from Beaverton due to Ekin's posts.  I think it's fair to say that he was probably worth the trouble. 

I'll never forget Jersey-Joe posting pictures of the black and orange flightposites......to this day my holy grail.

89f1516badb2fb2b4bc1da3994fee732952e76e.jpg

Everyone here at the time remembers his 17 weartest pictures (he got his face in a Japanese magazine with those), but I don't remember his pictures of the black/orange FP1s.  
I do, sadly, remember the pictures I posted of my Penny Hardaway PE pair:  
b6f15d69a4b6fd288335faff4f1d4680d3a05a2.jpg

In retrospect, I wish I'd used a classier font.
pacmagic2002 wrote:Jersey-joe......I still remember when people used to argue about if Hata-Takahashi`s jordans were real or not......lol

The beginning of FAKES as we know it.
Fakes had been around for far longer than that.  In the olden days of NikePark, debates raged regarding the authenticity of the shoddily constructed "factory variants" that used to appear on Vintage USA in all manner of horribly tacky colorways that, now, would be deemed too tasteful and expensive for use as a Jordan Retro.  
Makes me wonder what percentage of the people here from 99-01 grew out of sneaker collecting...

Wow, it's like the 10 year reunion for NikeTalk's class of 2000.  Takes me back to simpler times. 

Fancy?  If anything we're an antique.  The site really hasn't changed all that much from back in the day:  

http://web.archive.org/web/20000510125457/http://talk.to/niketalk

http://web.archive.org/web/20000510125457/http://talk.to/niketalkCompare that to what the rest of the Internet was like around then:  http://www2.warnerbros.com/spacejam/movie/jam.htm

http://www2.warnerbros.com/spacejam/movie/jam.htmIn light of how much every other site on the Internet has changed, NikeTalk is virtually Amish.  
Ekin made NT in terms of legitimate sneaker info that didnt come from anywhere else. Now most of the info we get comes from another site and posted here. 

Yeah, back in the day - sad as it was - I actually had to serve as a source with stuff like this: 

79235f6a6baba6f0b37ffe3f23ea9bcb1143032.jpg

5993595b6a95afb1b7c1fb1926c27a8fb048a4c.jpg

Thank goodness Ekin relieved me of that awful responsibility.  He became THE premier source for sneaker news, and since he posted exclusively on NikeTalk you have to give him a ton of credit for helping us build and solidify our audience during those early years.   

It's always great to see him back here, but unfortunately all the negative attention his posts received from Nike made it very difficult for him to relax on here in a way that most of us take for granted.  These days, they pay people to "leak" images to industry subsidized outlets to promote their product.  Back then, they were terrified of what, in truth, was absolutely great for them.  They were called "wallet breakers" for a reason.

Nelson C and I received more than one legal threat from Beaverton due to Ekin's posts.  I think it's fair to say that he was probably worth the trouble. 

I'll never forget Jersey-Joe posting pictures of the black and orange flightposites......to this day my holy grail.

89f1516badb2fb2b4bc1da3994fee732952e76e.jpg

Everyone here at the time remembers his 17 weartest pictures (he got his face in a Japanese magazine with those), but I don't remember his pictures of the black/orange FP1s.  

pacmagic2002 wrote:Jersey-joe......I still remember when people used to argue about if Hata-Takahashi`s jordans were real or not......lol

The beginning of FAKES as we know it.
Fakes had been around for far longer than that.  In the olden days of NikePark, debates raged regarding the authenticity of the shoddily constructed "factory variants" that used to appear on Vintage USA in all manner of horribly tacky colorways that, now, would be deemed too tasteful and expensive for use as a Jordan Retro.  
Makes me wonder what percentage of the people here from 99-01 grew out of sneaker collecting...

Originally Posted by Method Man

laugh.gif
That font is definitely tough to read.

Originally Posted by Method Man

laugh.gif
That font is definitely tough to read.

I really want to know what happened to Sh0kka.
laugh.gif

Where's RyanKMD & Guevera Ghost?

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

laugh.gif

remember how bad ryankmd wanted to be a mod?

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

laugh.gif

remember how bad ryankmd wanted to be a mod?

Peep- yeah thats me. Still got the old name tho, just upping the post count on this.

Crazy to see all these names I "looked up" to in a sense of hating at the crazy collections you all had

And Meth- I remember you starting a post about the Shelby GT500 being debuted back in 06 or 07. Did you ever end up buying it? It stands out in my mind cuz it was the only non-Mod post I've seen you start.

How about the Kingcrop vs phillyhova beef? Or stitch I think was the name of the youngest NTer at the time, and Kerry!

Peep- yeah thats me. Still got the old name tho, just upping the post count on this.

Crazy to see all these names I "looked up" to in a sense of hating at the crazy collections you all had

And Meth- I remember you starting a post about the Shelby GT500 being debuted back in 06 or 07. Did you ever end up buying it? It stands out in my mind cuz it was the only non-Mod post I've seen you start.

How about the Kingcrop vs phillyhova beef? Or stitch I think was the name of the youngest NTer at the time, and Kerry!

DAMN.

I was pretty much (and still am) a nobody on here... and I can't really remember how I got put on to this site; But I do know it was around the time the XVII's were released when I finally signed up. I definitely feel compelled to say thank you to all the people who posted leaked and early info throughout those early 00's... all your guys' info made me the shoe+throwback GOD of the hallways from 6th grade til about 11th... at which time I realized how expensive gas, cars, and women could be (and shoes just fell on the backburner).

I think my OG screen name was banned for going ham on ty hooper or mrmossyman or someone in the sports forum... and I kind of want it back. Mods should uh... reinstate a couple names for the sake of this thread
grin.gif
happy.gif

(and lolololololol at the Daviditz mention)

DAMN.

I was pretty much (and still am) a nobody on here... and I can't really remember how I got put on to this site; But I do know it was around the time the XVII's were released when I finally signed up. I definitely feel compelled to say thank you to all the people who posted leaked and early info throughout those early 00's... all your guys' info made me the shoe+throwback GOD of the hallways from 6th grade til about 11th... at which time I realized how expensive gas, cars, and women could be (and shoes just fell on the backburner).

I think my OG screen name was banned for going ham on ty hooper or mrmossyman or someone in the sports forum... and I kind of want it back. Mods should uh... reinstate a couple names for the sake of this thread
grin.gif
happy.gif

(and lolololololol at the Daviditz mention)

Sorry, that wasn't me.  
Must have been the "Cobra" association that confused you.

Back
Top Bottom