Who is the second best wide receiver in NFL history?

Marvin Harrison, 2nd all-time in receptions, he just got it done and was telepathic with Manning. Plus, he killed a guy.

With 1 play left in the game, give me Moss. Like someone already mentioned...in his prime he was the best... People forget how beastly he was (and look at who his QBs were).

I don't like this question because most people automatically go with the player who's more accomplished and/or had the most longevity. A better question was , who was better in their prime since we obviously can't argue #s

Umm, Cunningham had a resurgence, Culpepper was pretty damn good, and Tom Brady, he was okay.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Your insisting Moss is better is the equivalent of me insisting Bron is better than Jordan cause he's 6'9 and is athletic prowess is second to none.  Football is a team sport at the end of the day and Moss was never consistently willing to lay it on the line and do the dirty work.  Christ, dude bans himself from going over the middle of the field.  I never understand how you support such losers in football but make such a charade of winning in basketball.

Basketball is 5 guys, they all do similar things, pass, shoot, defend, NFL ain't like that, D lineman, QB, RB, S, LB all different in the same game. A WR can't "will" a team to win when he doesn't even take a snap, an elite NBA player takes the ball and finds ways for his team to win. See the difference?

Yall kids live in the 2000s to now era.

ITs rice , Irvin and no one even close.....

Randy Moss is probably the best athlete as a WR to ever play, but he doesn't come close to matching Jerry's consistency and dedication....I can't label someone a G.O.A.T. when that player has quit on teams and showed a bad attitude.

It is absolutely ridiculous that people genuinely believe that Moss was better than Rice. Its so ridiculous that its funny.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Jerry is great but the NFL FEARED Randy Moss. He was almost more deadly as a decoy as he was a primary. And the second you didn't overload his side, jump ball TD was the result. Jerry was more polished, absolutely, but Randy made every division he played in fear him and they would load up on corners and safties in fear of him. He was that much of a weapon. If Randy actually cared more and worked on more routes, more hustle, desire etc, he would have been the new logo of the NFL. I'm not joking.

Dont know how old you are, but you couldve pretty much said the same thing about jerry.

Word this clown cp1708 gotta be like 14 yrs old man... Probably only saw Jerry when he had the laid back corn rows smh.

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

Jerry is great but the NFL FEARED Randy Moss. He was almost more deadly as a decoy as he was a primary. And the second you didn't overload his side, jump ball TD was the result. Jerry was more polished, absolutely, but Randy made every division he played in fear him and they would load up on corners and safties in fear of him. He was that much of a weapon. If Randy actually cared more and worked on more routes, more hustle, desire etc, he would have been the new logo of the NFL. I'm not joking.

Dont know how old you are, but you couldve pretty much said the same thing about jerry.

CP is definitely old enough that he should know better than this. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Statis22

Umm, Cunningham had a resurgence, Culpepper was pretty damn good, and Tom Brady, he was okay.
Culpepper was pretty damn good? Are you forgetting that he basically chucked it up to Moss ? Culpepper owes Moss 50% of his career earnings. Young/Montana on 1 leg > Culpepper and an aging Cunningham

Imagine if Moss played with Brady his whole career, would this even be a debate? ....Peep Brady + Moss stats, unreal #s (36 TDs in 2 years
sick.gif
)

Moss was taller, much faster, jumped higher, had better ball skills....You guys are acting like we're comparing Rice and Crabtree. There are multiple situations in which Moss would be a hands down better choice : a nine/go, red zone jumpball (reason for the term 'getting Moss'd)

I would pick Moss over Rice if I had a choice. I could care less about career #s. I'm picking Adrian Peterson over Emmitt Smith too (see, I can pick examples that help my argument too)....but for the record, I would put Rice at 2. But to say that players like Calvin Johnson, Moss, TO, and Fitzgerald are not seeing Rice in anything is just foolish. If we agree that Peyton and Brady are 2 of the best QBs ever then why can't we say Moss, etc is the best WR ever? 

Interesting perspective from a self-proclaimed 49er fan: http://www.49erswebzone.c...um/thread.php?num=139535  (He breaks down stats, how Moss basically destroyed 25 of Jerry Rice's college records, etc)

Originally Posted by Statis22

You're silly man.  What you think was the main reason for Cunnigham's resurgence? Why was Culpepper only an OK NFL quarterback without Moss, but a Pro Bowl QB with Moss? Moss even took Brady to another level. Don't get it twisted.

Is it a coincidence that Moss played on the two highest scoring offenses of All-time? I think not. 

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Your insisting Moss is better is the equivalent of me insisting Bron is better than Jordan cause he's 6'9 and is athletic prowess is second to none.  Football is a team sport at the end of the day and Moss was never consistently willing to lay it on the line and do the dirty work.  Christ, dude bans himself from going over the middle of the field.  I never understand how you support such losers in football but make such a charade of winning in basketball.

Basketball is 5 guys, they all do similar things, pass, shoot, defend, NFL ain't like that, D lineman, QB, RB, S, LB all different in the same game. A WR can't "will" a team to win when he doesn't even take a snap, an elite NBA player takes the ball and finds ways for his team to win. See the difference?
You missed his point.  Just because one is more physically gifted than the other, doesn't make the more physically gifted one "better" is what I believe he tried to convey. 

IMO if Moss played to his potential game in and game out, he could've undoubtedly be the best of all time, or at least in consideration being talked about as the best.  He had all the tools to do so.  But since he didn't, its shouldn't even be debatable.  Were talking about careers, not what couldve happened, or any type of potential scenarios. 

Well, you're definitely right about that.

So if somebody started a thread about where NBA players ranked all-time it is by default that Cardinal would be higher on the list. On the flip side of that no one is considered a pro athlete until they have a signed contract. Since Len Bias didn't have a signed contract he can't be considered an NBA player.

Conclusion: Your statement is flawed and invalid.

Culpepper's best year came during the same year as Moss' worst year as a Viking, Culpepper was a legit top QB pre knee injury.

Don't make it seem like Randy's played with scrub QB's just to put him in a higher light.

Back
Top Bottom