who has a job where they can wake up anytime they want?

I have a career in IT with the feds but I’m just sick of having to wake up early lol. I also wanna get out of IT in general so I’m looking for career paths

I made the jump from IT to Data Analytics and work 10-8 when deployed.

But yeah, I was on that 6-7AM wake up flow for awhile. Im not a morning person, **** was terrible for me

And thats not even factoring the extra gas money n wear n tear on the whip from commuting that long

I mean he takes the train in and only drives like 5 miles to the train station. But regardless that’s expensive too and then the subway from grand central to the financial district on top of it.

your definition of success is defined by materialistic things lmao. lets get that straight. now go buy another action figure to bring 10 seconds of joy to your pathetic life :lol:

Clearly you looked at my IG page and that’s called a hobby. Give it a follow while you’re at it.

But you too can have a “pathetic” materialistic life buying anything you want with a house, condo, cars, and going on vacations with a beautiful family if you grow up and work hard, kid:wink:

This was a very good week with a mind-blowing promotion due to a popular music festival taking place that week.

Screenshot_20190410-153828_Uber Driver.jpg

They charged you a fee to receive your money????

It's a dollar fifty but, its the principle.

Thats foul.

Also how much of that goes to fuel?

They charged you a fee to receive your money????

It's a dollar fifty but, its the principle.

Thats foul.

Also how much of that goes to fuel?

They charge .50 if you use instant pay and have it go straight to your debit card.
If you wait for regular weekly payout it's free or if you do instant pay to your Uber debit card it's free.
A day off driving is about a quarter tank. My car is decent on gas though.

instant pay to your Uber debit card it's free.

Damn.

I know you said its a side hustle or something but Jesus Christ.

Uber is so foul that they not only charge YOU to pay YOU for work that YOU did but they also skim off the top for use of that card every time you swipe (the card issuer pays uber per swipe).

That's a truly, truly, truly wild concept.

Not to mention how hard they continue to fight to draw the distinction that its drivers are not employees of the company, but independent contractors who are never entitled to benefits of any kind, for any reason.

Again not coming at you, just cannot wrap my mind around the BS they are getting away with.

They charge .50 if you use instant pay and have it go straight to your debit card.
If you wait for regular weekly payout it's free or if you do instant pay to your Uber debit card it's free.
A day off driving is about a quarter tank. My car is decent on gas though.
What car is it exactly?

Charge to swipe the Uber debit card? Where did you see that? Everything about that card is free. The bank it's associated with even allows members to overdraw up to 100 with no fee if you're a consistent driver.

alchemist iq alchemist iq '13 mustang

success is relative.

one should hope to be happy more than anything IMHO

Everything posted in this thread, even entire forum, can be taken as relative. That’s the problem with blanket statements, mine included.

Obviously op is not happy with his current situation if he wants to plan his life around his sleep schedule. Again, no offense and it’s all relative but I’ll digress and let others keep recommending him ideas. I didn’t come in here to ruffle his feathers and I hope he finds what he’s looking for. I wish Beruseruku Desu Beruseruku Desu much success. I mean that.

I can only do Uber eats because i have a 2 door.i wouldn't want people getting in my car anyway

It's not as bad as you'd think. I'm not with the BS so people know off rip to be respectful.

Just respect me and my car and I'll be the coolest guy.

I been doing a lot of cash rides recently. Got a few "dancers" I take to and from work. Get like 50 for a 10min drive

This was a very good week with a mind-blowing promotion due to a popular music festival taking place that week.

Screenshot_20190410-153828_Uber Driver.jpg

So like $22-25/hr w/ tips after gas on a good week? That’s actually not as bad as I thought for delivering food. Still not worth it though.

So like $22-25/hr w/ tips after gas on a good week? That’s actually not as bad as I thought for delivering food. Still not worth it though.
As mentioned the promotions was a huge boost that week.

But the fact that i can:
-do it whenever i want
-Cash out daily
-It's not stressful
-No one over my shoulder
-Listen to music/podcasts or talk to friends as much as i want

It really doesn't even feel like work.

Is it the ideal job that i want for the rest of my life? No. But it definitely works for me now.

I can walk in when I want but for optics like to get in before 9:30. My new role I won't be so lucky but there are always tradeoffs that come with higher pay.

I have a client who commutes 2.5 hours each way into the city and he doesn’t even make that much IMO to warrant that as i saw his W2 when we prepped the firm’s tax returns. It blew my mind. That’s basically 13*5 so what 65 hours for low 100k? Oh hell nah, and before anyone comments that it’s a lot of money, for the position he holds in the industry they function in it is below avg pay grade so it’s really not.
:sick: Where is he commuting to? SF? Jesus the lies people tell themselves, for me to even consider that I gotta be making 200k+

Not 100% agreeing with him but yeah that’s what alot of the successful ones do, you think they’re getting 7 or 8 hours of sleep.. their not, their driven.
Not to be that guy, but you spelled they're wrong. Twice.

Different personality types become successful, for every type A, there is a type B. Warren Buffet reads for 3 hours a day......

Most successful people work diligently to get to where they are and then set up logistics and processes to mitigate against losing that wealth.

You think Jeff Bezos is 'working' for 18 hours a day. LOL...his definition of work has shifted.

Op isn’t an idiot for wanting to sleep. There is multiple reasons to get enough sleep.

There is more to life than work.

Back
Top Bottom