Who has a better success story than JK Rowling though?

Originally Posted by DanzInRealLife

^^ disputable

JohnnyRedStorm wrote:

I don't think you people realize how hard it is for a writer to make the kinda money she has.

This.

Al you're forgetting that J.K has had a massive impact on the lives of so many children, and so many more children in the future. This series has already gone down in history and it will continue for many, many years to come.

What sets the HP series apart from a lot of others is the fact that a lot of kids have grown up, as in aged with, (myself included) not only the books, but with Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint as they starred in the movies.

This is a series that will forever remain close to the hearts of people my age around the world.

When I have kids, as soon as they're at an age where they can grasp the story, I'll be reading it to them.

The cult following she has is wild, getting kids to read is never an easy task and the HP books are pretty long.

J.K. Rowling changed how I read books. The length never scares me anymore. It's truly about content for me.

J.K. Rowling changed how I read books. The length never scares me anymore. It's truly about content for me.

Originally Posted by carbon16

Amber Rose
roll.gif

I think Oprah takes the cake.

She was broke and wrote a book that got ALOT OF PEOPLE TO READ
She keep the series going for 7-8 books all just as big or bigger then the last
Box office breaking movie records
Popular Vid games

BIGGEST OF ALL SHE GOT A GENERATION TO READ AGAIN. I really dont think somethings like twilight would be where they are without Harry Potter.

She was broke and wrote a book that got ALOT OF PEOPLE TO READ
She keep the series going for 7-8 books all just as big or bigger then the last
Box office breaking movie records
Popular Vid games

BIGGEST OF ALL SHE GOT A GENERATION TO READ AGAIN. I really dont think somethings like twilight would be where they are without Harry Potter.

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

BIGGEST OF ALL SHE GOT A GENERATION TO READ AGAIN.
If the entire generation starts picking up Dickens, then I'll be impressed by such accolades.

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

BIGGEST OF ALL SHE GOT A GENERATION TO READ AGAIN.
If the entire generation starts picking up Dickens, then I'll be impressed by such accolades.

Originally Posted by outforaction

im going to say the guy who collects royalties of the story she stole from him... hes getting money from her work
happy.gif
...there's no one collecting any royalties from her

Originally Posted by outforaction

im going to say the guy who collects royalties of the story she stole from him... hes getting money from her work
happy.gif
...there's no one collecting any royalties from her

She had a commencement speech from a few years back at Harvard that's flat out inspiring.....

She had a commencement speech from a few years back at Harvard that's flat out inspiring.....

Back
Top Bottom