Who had the best performance "Unplugged"?

4uev13.jpg

Thread//

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

I thought lauryn was awful. She can't play the guitar at all. I thought it was rather arrogant of her to show up onstage with just a guitar that she clearly wasn't skilled in, effin up and !!% talkin bout "just listen to the lyrics"
smh.gif
chick shoulda just did spoken word
For realsies. I love L-boog too, but that was hard to listen too.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Anyone who says Lauryn Hill must be deaf, because that was about as boring and pretentious as live music gets.
Agreed. That jive was one of the worst, mainly b/c it was so sporadic.

Originally Posted by Verdykt

I thought lauryn was awful. She can't play the guitar at all. I thought it was rather arrogant of her to show up onstage with just a guitar that she clearly wasn't skilled in, effin up and !!% talkin bout "just listen to the lyrics"
smh.gif
she totally blew at playing the guitar, and she didn't do any of her hits....but her performance was just RAW. she spilled her heart out; itwas lauryn hill dismantled. i think that's the whole gist of unplugged; to strip down the music to its essence. thats where she was at at that partiularmoment of her life. she was feeling crushed and defeated, and you felt it (through the lyrics and the instrumentation)

but im a fan of really evocative music. that polished ,shiny, perfected stuff is entertaining, but that raw emotion is simply...moving.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Anyone who says Lauryn Hill must be deaf, because that was about as boring and pretentious as live music gets.

the lyrics on that @+!% was ridiculous
smh.gif
sig check

Originally Posted by ZieGirl

Originally Posted by Verdykt

smh.gif
she totally blew at playing the guitar, and she didn't do any of her hits....but her performance was just RAW. she spilled her heart out; it was lauryn hill dismantled. i think that's the whole gist of unplugged; to strip down the music to its essence. thats where she was at at that partiular moment of her life. she was feeling crushed and defeated, and you felt it (through the lyrics and the instrumentation)

but im a fan of really evocative music. that polished ,shiny, perfected stuff is entertaining, but that raw emotion is simply...moving.
The problem is it's been done better on that show by pretty much everyone else.

Back
Top Bottom