Who from the original Nt summit some 10 + years ago still here?

them OG royal foams cuzzzz :pimp:
and to the people laughing..
one can only imagine wtf y'all were wearing 10+ years ago
i know i looked worse than this :lol:

I see spacejams behind those foams.

Pictures is post 02 or 01... whatever year the spacejams released.

Dope pic though... before the hype and sneakers becoming a big fad :smh:

NT before the social media wave really hit was tight knit....that's when it was more of a secret society and less out in the open.

Nice to see the growth and expansion though. Back before facebook, twitter, tumblr, instagram etc.....no one used to post pics on here like that. It was taboo.

Nah man.. Sneakers been a big fad... I mean... Jordans were out. You realize how hard people used to go for Jordans?

Nah man.. Sneakers been a big fad... I mean... Jordans were out. You realize how hard people used to go for Jordans?
Yup I remember looking hard for those space jams when I was in middle school. I didn't have internet back then so I didn't know much about release dates

Damn wish the summit was in ny I started collecting hard in 03 :/ and even then Jordan releases weren't hardto come by I could pretty much walk in any mall and cop a pair...boy do I miss those days before the hyperbeast people who were selling to make a buck as opposed to wearing them:smh:..times have def changed

chpark!

pimp.gif

but the difference now and days is these kids havent even touched a basketball since the 3rd grade. let alone seen a game on TV

look at dude holding the ball in the pic. thats why we (most) started buying shoes in the first place. now its all about fashion and whatnot. like the lebron 9's getting 18 colorways...

dude prob got this royals off a sales rack somewhere.

Royals were hard to get when they released... in NYC at least.

Not saying they didn't hit sales racks or outlets, but I remember hitting up Fulton Street in Brooklyn, Jamaica Ave in Queens with some dudes that was trying to cop and no spots had them and this was a few days after they released.

I wanted them so bad, but I was young and my parents would never spend that type of money on material stuff for me... even if they had it like that :lol:

Those Blue Foams was the creme de la creme around my way... everyone was intrigued by them, but only a like 1-2 heads shelled out the money to get them. One guy was this hustler that used to make pretty decent money, but he started doing his drugs too so he fell all the way into the abyss. The other dude was this college dude I know that took his school refund check or whatever you got from CUNY schools and bust it on mad gear :lol:... he ended up going to the army and is now paying child support out his ***.

Back when new releases came out on Wednesdays and folks skipped school to get them. JB got hip to the game and has been milking these Saturday releases.

but the difference now and days is these kids havent even touched a basketball since the 3rd grade. let alone seen a game on TV

look at dude holding the ball in the pic. thats why we (most) started buying shoes in the first place. now its all about fashion and whatnot. like the lebron 9's getting 18 colorways...

dude prob got this royals off a sales rack somewhere.

Royals were hard to get when they released... in NYC at least.

Not saying they didn't hit sales racks or outlets, but I remember hitting up Fulton Street in Brooklyn, Jamaica Ave in Queens with some dudes that was trying to cop and no spots had them and this was a few days after they released.

I wanted them so bad, but I was young and my parents would never spend that type of money on material stuff for me... even if they had it like that :lol:

Those Blue Foams was the creme de la creme around my way... everyone was intrigued by them, but only a like 1-2 heads shelled out the money to get them. One guy was this hustler that used to make pretty decent money, but he started doing his drugs too so he fell all the way into the abyss. The other dude was this college dude I know that took his school refund check or whatever you got from CUNY schools and bust it on mad gear :lol:... he ended up going to the army and is now paying child support out his ***.

I could not agree more with these two points. Nike/JB are aware that the retros are for fashion, which explains the quality issues. Playing was the motivation to buying all your kicks (at least for me). Puttin in work is right, them foams had crazy buzz, but you rarely saw anyone with them on. Usually dude selling bought them. $200 for a piair of kicks was inheard of then, now you look at ridiculous resell prices. Crazy how things have changed.

cool pic.

the style from 10 years ago isn't that bad.:lol: i mean it all is huge but if you sized it all down it would be decent minus the head band and carpenter jeans.

Back
Top Bottom