Who else is afraid to unDS their kicks

bro, thats as dumb as buying a shirt and never throwing it on. NT has brainwashed people into not waring shoes and buying 3-4 pairs each :smh: why? heres my question, if you never ware your shoes why not buy sz 15's or any other size that is easier to get? you wont put them on anyway

bro, thats as dumb as buying a shirt and never throwing it on. NT has brainwashed people into not waring shoes and buying 3-4 pairs each
mean.gif
why? heres my question, if you never ware your shoes why not buy sz 15's or any other size that is easier to get? you wont put them on anyway
thats just stupid.. he might as well throw his money out the window. atleast he can rock the shoes sometime in the "far" future.

LOL I have UnDS anxiety sometimes too. I have a set rotation of kicks I wear on the regular & UnDS kicks every so often. It's actually why I almost prefer buying VNDS kicks (if the price is right) b/c then that anxiety isn't there. Weather also plays a big part in it b/c I'm always waiting for the right occasion & weather to wear them & as they pile up it gets kinda hard.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say that I am afraid the rock them, but interestingly enough most of my shoes remain deadstock for 10+ years. I usually try to double or triple up on the ones that I like, thinking that I would rock a pair. However, this strategy never fully worked because at some point my daily rotation grew so large that I never get a chance to wear the new additions.

To people who think it's dumb not to wear J's, here's a bit of perspective from a collector's point of view. As a child growing up who couldn't afford to spend $100+ on a pair of shoes, I always envied those who could. So when I became financially capable, I started collecting, as a way of capturing a missing piece of my childhood. I don't buy J's to rock the latest or the greatest, I buy them to, for a lack of better words, "look at". People collect a variety of stuff, from baseball cards to coins, from spoons to hubcaps, so why not shoes?

So, if you intend to on buying the latest J's to rock, great, but don't discount the collectors who appreciate these shoes for their design, history, and innovation through the years.

Last edited:
thats just stupid.. he might as well throw his money out the window. atleast he can rock the shoes sometime in the "far" future.
never ware them = you dont rock them. it was a sarcastic statement btw
eyes.gif
hes better off not buying them AT ALL..

you buy jordans (or anything that's expensive/name brand) to show it off. otherwise youre walking into walmart buying bo-bo's off the shelf. the fact that you dont go out answers OP's question. you have no purpose for the shoes..

hes better off not buying them AT ALL..

you buy jordans (or anything that's expensive/name brand) to show it off. otherwise youre walking into walmart buying bo-bo's off the shelf. the fact that you dont go out answers OP's question. you have no purpose for the shoes..

what are you talking about? :rofl:

LOL I have UnDS anxiety sometimes too. I have a set rotation of kicks I wear on the regular & UnDS kicks every so often. It's actually why I almost prefer buying VNDS kicks (if the price is right) b/c then that anxiety isn't there. Weather also plays a big part in it b/c I'm always waiting for the right occasion & weather to wear them & as they pile up it gets kinda hard.
That is actually good advice 'cept VNDS tend to run over retail these days. Even 9/10 condition shoes are $20ish over retail on eBay at least

there made to be worn so why DS forever 

That's YOUR view and is not the view of the world. Both money and stamps are meant to be used, so why do people keep coins and sheets of stamps in prestine sealed condition? Because it's a HOBBY. Understand that concept and you'll have your answer as to "why DS forever".

Last edited:
So far only Mazz305 and ucbssupafly can even see where I am coming from and maybe VVIL. I knew I should't have made this thread :smh:

I am not saying I NEVER wear my kicks. I am saying I tend to rock mine 9-15 months after they release. And I have said I beat mine up before they crumble from deterioration. Like I said if I went out more often I would have reasons to unDS mine. After they are unDS'd I rock mine often enough to last years. I will unDS the militaries for my next tattoo and rock em a few times before fall. Sheesh.

And my usual response to people calling me a hypebeast:

That word is very meaningless to me. Some of you guys (who are pushing 30 and 40 mind you) say stupid **** like "I met a 13 year old at the mall who didn't know old jerseys are made by Nike. I told the stupid little beast to **** off" God forbid a child is less educated than the oldheads going through their midlife crisis.

I kinda get where you're coming from, but at the same time, life is too short man.

The key is, keeping them looking DS as much as possible, after you wear them.

EDIT: My shoes never go back into the box, unless they have been scrubbed clean, and practically look DS. I never used to be OCD, but now I am because I don't buy multiples anymore. Also, sneaker shields help a lot with keeping them fresh. Universals for suede/nubuck shoes, protectors for leather shoes. That's just me.

Last edited:
^ I didnt know you could prevent the aging of nubuck. Good looks.
I unDS'd my BM Vs, wore em no more than 40 times, saw how ashy they were, and put them back in the box.

^ I didnt know you could prevent the aging of nubuck. Good looks.
I unDS'd my BM Vs, wore em no more than 40 times, saw how ashy they were, and put them back in the box.

Naw, the sneaker shields are for creases, not preventing the aging. If you wanna prevent the ashy ness, don't leave your nubuck shoes out in the open, if you're not wearing them, put them away.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say that I am afraid the rock them, but interestingly enough most of my shoes remain deadstock for 10+ years. I usually try to double or triple up on the ones that I like, thinking that I would rock a pair. However, this strategy never fully worked because at some point my daily rotation grew so large that I never get a chance to wear the new additions.
To people who think it's dumb not to wear J's, here's a bit of perspective from a collector's point of view. As a child growing up who couldn't afford to spend $100+ on a pair of shoes, I always envied those who could. So when I became financially capable, I started collecting, as a way of capturing a missing piece of my childhood. I don't buy J's to rock the latest or the greatest, I buy them to, for a lack of better words, "look at". People collect a variety of stuff, from baseball cards to coins, from spoons to hubcaps, so why not shoes?
So, if you intend to on buying the latest J's to rock, great, but don't discount the collectors who appreciate these shoes for their design, history, and innovation through the years.

THIS!!! Definitely in the same boat.

I wear all my kicks, and never double up. But I can respect people who stock em and keep them DS. If it werent for them we'd never have detailed pics of original ds Jordans from the 80s & 90s, or the opportunity to buy ds Jordans from years prior.

Naw, the sneaker shields are for creases, not preventing the aging. If you wanna prevent the ashy ness, don't leave your nubuck shoes out in the open, if you're not wearing them, put them away.
Ohh, i don't mind "natural" creasing as long as it is slow to crease. I rock tight shoes so they crease less. But shoes that crease enough to be thrown away after the first use, like the Air Force 1s are a no go for me

I try to rock and stock, but it's like 90% stock nowadays.

The more I look at my closet the more I realize my obsession is way out of hand.

DITTO!!!!!!!

I don't multiples or keep everything DS. When I get around to it, everything will eventually get worn.

I try to rock and stock, but it's like 90% stock nowadays.
The more I look at my closet the more I realize my obsession is way out of hand.

shh... we prefer to call it a hobby, otherwise people are going to think we are nuts. :D

Last edited:
I have a Room full of DS kicks, but I also wear the hell out of my shoes, I've just accidently built up a collection since the 80s (but mostly early 90s)... Some shoes are made to beat. Take the BC III for example: This shoe looks BETTER after it's beat. Many shoes do. WEAR THEM! It's no secret that JB/NIKE etc will be flooding the market with shoe after shoe. The last couple of years show us they are only gonna continue to dump the shoes we want on us. More and More each year. Might as well wear them as you get them.

I kinda get where you're coming from, but at the same time, life is too short man.
The key is, keeping them looking DS as much as possible, after you wear them.
EDIT: My shoes never go back into the box, unless they have been scrubbed clean, and practically look DS. I never used to be OCD, but now I am because I don't buy multiples anymore. Also, sneaker shields help a lot with keeping them fresh. Universals for suede/nubuck shoes, protectors for leather shoes. That's just me.

This. As long as you take care of your shoes you should be fine especially if you've been buying for a while and have dozens.

I never stock and always rock. never double up either. I enjoy wearing mine and wear them when ever where ever possible. I unDS'd my concords at lincoln park zoo in march. i just realized that if im spending this $ on stuff i mind as well rock them.
respectable

Back
Top Bottom