Who drives a bucket and ok with it?

I know a couple of my friends that drives decent cars or buckets that is not appealing to car heads and are ok with it. I mean they can afford buying a new car but choose not to.

My car broke down on me while I was recovering from my surgery and I'm thinking about just getting a car that runs like a champ from point A to point B. My budget is 1500 or less. I don't care if it a bucket. I'll ride it like if it was Bens. I'm just being practical I guess. lol

I wouldn't mind driving BLU's car in this video

Any of you are currently riding on buckets? Feel free to post pics. :smile:

i rather take da train then to have to worry about if my car is gonna start whenever i get inside it..

luxury of NYC...

Bruh I don't think you want that car that Blu is driving. :lol: You see the tires @ 1:14?

If you're going to cop a bucket, take a mechanic with you to check it out and make sure it'll at least be reliable for a daily driver. Based on your budget you might end up with a car with some issues, but the least you want to have are good tires and necessities (lights, seatbelt, horn, etc.) to have a safe & bearable drive every day.

I have a 2001 Civic. One year out of college, working a job that doesn't pay great but I can't say I'm struggling to get by. I could probably get something better if I wanted but it's not really on my radar. I'm cool with the Civic, plus the MPG is good

Bruh I don't think you want that car that Blu is driving. :lol: You see the tires @ 1:14?
If you're going to cop a bucket, take a mechanic with you to check it out and make sure it'll at least be reliable for a daily driver. Based on your budget you might end up with a car with some issues, but the least you want to have are good tires and necessities (lights, seatbelt, horn, etc.) to have a safe & bearable drive every day.

Lmao, damn didn't see the tires! But Yeah I'm just trying to get a reliable car, decent nothing flashy. I've been out of work for a couple of months now and can't really afford to spend more than my budget. I'm looking at this right now. http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/3303403011.html

yall aint toppin me

I have a 2001 Civic. One year out of college, working a job that doesn't pay great but I can't say I'm struggling to get by. I could probably get something better if I wanted but it's not really on my radar. I'm cool with the Civic, plus the MPG is good

2001 Civic is far from a bucket son. Anyways, I say go for an early 90s Camry. Those things will survive a nuclear war.

Not having a car to having a car is a big upgrade. Bucket or not you'll be happy OP. Eventually tho you may wanna save to upgrade.

is really depends on where you live and if having a car is a necessity. i know plenty of people who make decent money who dont have one (but this is in DC with a very good metro/bus system). if you live in the middle of no where, then of course rock the bucket til the wheels fall off.

You must be in the eastbay if you need a car to get around. But, I have a 1997 Crown Vic that drives like a champ. I plan to use this as my primary car for the next 2-3 years. I take public transportation often though so I don't have to drive and conserve my gas.

real life...

my moms integra is up for sale... 1000... the paint is nasty (fading), the inside driver sides door panel is detaching from the door...

other than that its a reliable car and runs good

im also in the bay (SJ)

I drive a bucket 94' Camry 4 cyl. awesome point A point B car and I own it in my name too

but i often do feel envious of kids my age driving new 3-series and other such cars made in the last 2-3 years lol. just don't have 4-5+ grand saved up to buy something made in the 2000's. fortunately I graduate with a bachelors in the spring so maybe something awesome will happen career wise.

Last edited:
bruh...i use to have a 2007 infiniti m35 sport, sold it because i had to move for school and now smashing in a 95 honda civic 4 door. gives me 35 mpg and more money in my pocket.

To each their own, as long as it makes you happy.

Point A to Point B cars are more economically sensible. Seeing as luxury vehicles are the worst investment because of immediate depreciation. Can't go wrong with a Honda or Toyota based on reliability.

My boys all drive luxury type cars. BMW 3 series, AMG's, GS300's etc. But I still whip my 95 INtegra GSR. Bone stock. Not modded like other integras out there. I could care less what others drive. My car gets me to work and back safely. Plus on an empty tank, $20 bucks gets me over a half tank 8)

Up until June of this year, I had a light purple colored 1995 Toyota Camry. I had it for 7 years, and drove it with pride. It NEVER gave me any mechanical issues whatsoever. To top it off I bought it for 3500 in 05, and I was still able to get 1500 for it when I sold it. The car is great.

I currently have a 08 Accord, which i plan on driving for the next 12 years, even if it eventually falls into bucket status. I don't care. I would rather be economical than flashy.

Last edited:
I drove a 97 Camry for 10 years before I got my new car. Looked like a POS because of a cracked rear bumper and dents everywhere but ran like champ. It had 185k miles on it before I gave to my uncle to replace his 92 Corolla. I'm all about being low key and not stunting.

To each their own, as long as it makes you happy.
Point A to Point B cars are more economically sensible. Seeing as luxury vehicles are the worst investment because of immediate depreciation. Can't go wrong with a Honda or Toyota based on reliability.

I like driving something that will hold up in an accident. I'm not making the claim that all luxury cars are safer but most are. Some of these little cars, while you save money don't make me think they will hold up well in an accident with the little thin doors.

Back
Top Bottom