Who do you think is hated more in their city? Billy Cundiff or Kyle Williams?

Originally Posted by AG 47

1/13 on third down. That's what Niner fans should really be mad at.
Gotta give some credit to the Giants D though, wasnt the media and their fans saying that their D was healthy, nasty and just as good as the niners D?  Williams mistakes were HUGE, gave the Giants their last 10 points of the game because of great field position. 

Originally Posted by onewearz

i just put this in the other thread

a comment on billy cundiffs fb

I heard you tried to hang your self but could not kick the chair out

roll.gif

*DEAD*
roll.gif

Trust me, its not even that bad for Cundiff or Lee Evans here in the city... (well so far it isn't)

To my surprise, folks are actually being supportive towards both players, and are still behind the team...

Initial frustration... YES! But people realize that we had other opportunites to capitalize and put ourselves in better positions...

Folks really just wanted to see Ray and Reed get a shot at a chip more than anything, from what I'm seeing/reading/hearing...

Can't really speak on Kyle Williams, but I did hear he had some death threats sent his way out in SF...

Originally Posted by dadecounty11

Most people will blame Cundiff more that Williams.

However most football "fans" don't know anything more than what the guy in the cubicle next to him told him after the day after the game. I hardly ever blame kickers after missing a last second kick. Your team had 59 minutes to not put yourself in that position. He should have made it, but missing a RUSHED 35-yard FG in 30 degree weather is not that surprising. Harbaugh should have called his last timeout and settled everything down instead of rushing the kick. LEE EVANS SHOULD HAVE CAUGHT THAT PASS. Bastard.

Williams botched the first punt return, knew it hit him in the knee, and then pretended that it didn't touch him. The second fumble was barely even touched and it came out. I think he was way more at fault then Cundiff.

That's why you SIGN KICKERS, for situations at the end where you need 3 points.  With your logic, you would be saying Tom Brady failed repeatedly in the playoffs, because instead of scoring touchdowns in Super Bowls, he was only able to have Adam Vinatieri kick the game winners for him.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by psk2310

Originally Posted by dadecounty11

Your team had 59 minutes to not put yourself in that position. 

You got my respect this morning. These fans don't seem to understand logic like this...

This has to be my most hated logic ever. Not every game is going to be a blowout, more often than not a game is going to come down to the wire. Two great teams battled it out to the end, and whoever makes the play at the end wins it. This is obviously the thing to say to cool someone down after some terrible play ruined the game for your team, but I've wanted to choke a ref out for saying this to me after a basketball game.
And I don't know how either Cundiff or Williams is going to be able to come back to their teams next year. Williams may be able to, but Cundiff......he's going to have to kick either a field goal or extra point 2-3 times a game and all of them are important. First one he misses there is going to be a damn riot out there.
I'm not talking blow out, but that ratbird dline didn't get much pressure on Brady much (aside from that one lone sack from Kruger). Plus those Pat RBs made some nice runs for 1st downs a lot of the day. That d-line was non existent...Did you not see that? Linebacks weren't that good either. The CBs/secondary played fine (for the most part), they were the ratbird saving grace yesterday....Not sure what everyone was watching if they can't see this...

Originally Posted by AG 47

1/13 on third down. That's what Niner fans should really be mad at.

Cundiff....I have no words for. How long was his field goal? 35 yards?

And I think the 1 was the last play Of the game. It's not just Kyle Williams' fault why they lost.

I see it's easier to blame Cundiff but I don't blame either, maybe Lee Evans if I had to.

1. Williams is a backup, not a starter. He was trying to make a play for his dead offense. Niners were 0-12 on third down and had their first one as the game expired and the Giants were protecting the end zone so they're 0-12. Williams put them in good field position, Alex Smith looked like the usual Alex Smith all game, especially in the second half
2. I don't think it's fair for all that pressure to be placed on a kicker, it sucks he missed it. They should have called timeout and gave him time to set up or something.
3. Lee Evans, still not sure about this. I think it definitely should have been reviewed. It was so close, my biggest problem is the booth didn't review such a key moment AND looked like Evans might have turned around to celebrate.

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

Cundiff - 1 mistake
Evans- 1 Big mistake
Williams -2 3 mistakes........and I could stretch it to 4 if need be
Fixed.

1. Williams is a backup, not a starter. He was trying to make a play for his dead offense

More like he was trying to help the 49ers lose the game and he succeeded.  The offense wasn't that dead as they were able to score 17 points without his assistance.  Yes they were really bad on 3rd down but the defense held up the team as they have before.  Williams damn sure wasn't trying to help by fumbling the ball twice on the day then having his leg touch the ball on that punt only for him to look up at the review in confusion as if to say he knows the ball didn't touch his leg.  I hope Williams goes and joins his dad in Chicago. 
2. I don't think it's fair for all that pressure to be placed on a kicker, it sucks he missed it. They should have called timeout and gave him time to set up or something

I agree.

The only time the Giants scored in the second half was when they had a short field after each one of Williams turnovers. It may not be all his fault but the Giants were not able to score without him.  

What's crazy is that the same guy recovered both of the Williams mishaps. Definitely a heads up player.

Cundiff just choked, we've seen that before.

i think a lot of fans thought this would be the ravens best and maybe last shot at another title as ray and reed are getting older. the niners overachieved this year and have a bright and future.

Back
Top Bottom