Who do you respect in the NBA for their toughness? On the flip, who's soft?

Originally Posted by LALAKERFAN213

Iverson- toughest
Kwame for softest???
laugh.gif

really?

please tell me you're joking, and you just don't like him
grin.gif

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

Originally Posted by IronmanFitness

Kobe, LeBron is soft
so because Kobe is tough that means LeBron must be soft?
The reality is that people are never gonna let go of how lebron missed 5 games (?) due to an injured index finger on his non shooting hand whilekobe continues to play half a road trip with an injured pinky on his shooting hand

LeBron is soft as charmin. This n___ missed a game for a bum ankle...that he had just played on. I swear every game he gets hit and holds his boo boo for like5 minutes.

I wouldn't play hurt JUST to prove my toughness.

If you're hand is hurt and you're throwing up bricks because of it, you might as well just sit out until it's healed and you're 100%. It getsto a point where it hurts your team's performance.

TheHealthInspector
JsindaA
you guys misunderstood my point..... Ironman fitness is known as a Kobe n*thugger and I just found it funny that he chose LeBron when there are somany "real" soft players to choose from..... I also find it funny that only Lakers/Kobe fans are responding to me
laugh.gif
..... but that's another disscussion altogether.....

Tough:
Kobe
Iverson

I don't see how people say Vince is soft. He has been playing on a bad ankle all season when he could have easily been "soft" & sat out.Plus, talks about him having surgery possibly in the offseason because its bad, yet he is still playing since the team needs him. How is that soft?

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

I don't see how people say Vince is soft. He has been playing on a bad ankle all season when he could have easily been "soft" & sat out. Plus, talks about him having surgery possibly in the offseason because its bad, yet he is still playing since the team needs him. How is that soft?

it's because of his reputation and what people think of him.. especially most youngsters here on NT... although he is "laid back" on the floor and settles for perimeter shots too much at times, I wouldn't call that soft....
"Soft" is a guy like Eddy Curry....

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

And by toughness, I mean playing hurt, sick, etc....not someone who could whoop your butt in a back alley....

Kobe: He dislocated a finger, and I don't believe he missed any games due to the injury. This is in stark contrast to Lebron (soft?...I dunno) who missed 5+ games with a sprained finger on his non-shooting hand
8ffc36adb3d01f6e0c8f8d5101c3eebe-getty-76075303ks007_lakers_bobct.jpg

I'll get some more up later on....

Didn't Kobe miss some games a few years ago for a cut he suffered while "moving boxes?"
For my vote I gotta go with this guy:

derek_fisher_partido_warriors.jpg

Didn't Kobe miss some games a few years ago for a cut he suffered while "moving boxes?"

I remember that! I don't know if he missed any games, but if so.....
nerd.gif

tough:
968fe002af98df0e9184cb31858a14ca-getty-76075964mm014_bulls_jazz.jpg

Boston coach Doc Rivers has seen players go down with all sorts of injuries over the years.
He coached Corey Maggette when Maggette missed a game because of what Rivers referred to a "pedicure" (it was actually a fungus problem) and Rivers saw Stephen Hunter sprain an ankle once in a layup line before the game.

could be soft....depends on how you interpet the injury/story above^
capt.7d3589383de3404a9458394f9e091758.clippers_bucks_basketball_wimg103.jpg

Tough. Reggie Evans. Dirty yes, but still tough.

There are too many soft players too name....

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I remember that! I don't know if he missed any games, but if so.....
nerd.gif

Found this article, not only did he miss games, he went on the injured list.
[h1]Bryant puts hand through glass window[/h1]

Updated: January 30, 2004, 11:09 PM ET

LOS ANGELES -- Lakers star Kobe Bryant was placed on the injured list Friday because of a severe cut on his right index finger that will keep him out of action for at least a week.

The Lakers said Bryant needed nine to 10 stitches to close the wound. He was injured Thursday night when he accidentally put his hand through a glass window while trying to move boxes in his garage.

"I'm doing something where I'm leaning on a window. It doesn't hold me up. I guess I'm too strong," Bryant said. "Hand went through and I cut myself."

Bryant said he tried to stop the bleeding, rinsed his finger off and put peroxide on it to prevent infection. His wife, Vanessa, was "pretty grossed out. She doesn't like seeing blood," he said, laughing.

"I got lucky, though, I missed the tendon, so I'm good," he said.

Bryant will be eligible to return Feb. 8, when the Lakers play at Orlando in the fifth game of a seven-game road trip leading up to the All-Star break. He will not play in the Lakers' annual trip to his hometown of Philadelphia, where fans have been especially harsh on him.

Bryant played two games after missing six because of a sprained right shoulder that clearly bothered him during Wednesday night's 96-82 victory over Seattle. He said the added time off will be an unexpected benefit.

"Now I have time to really rest my shoulder."

Lakers coach Phil Jackson wasn't frustrated by Bryant's latest off-court problem.

"The reality is that Kobe was playing hurt. Now he's going to have an ample opportunity to rest his shoulder and get right," Jackson said. "He hasn't been able to practice on the days off."

Jackson wasn't miffed, either, that Bryant was moving boxes with an injured shoulder.

"I don't think using your arm and your biceps in lifting a box is a problem as far as his shoulder," he said.

Bryant was noticeably upbeat despite his latest injury. He made two halfcourt shots with his left hand before the teams took the court for pregame warmups. "That's why God gave us two (hands)," he said.

Bryant was going to have to miss Monday night's game at Indiana to attend a two-day hearing related to his sexual assault case in Eagle, Colo.

The Lakers said Bryant will meet the team in Cleveland and be re-evaluated then. They play the Cavaliers next Wednesday.

Bryant is averaging 21.7 points, ranked ninth in the NBA, along with 4.8 rebounds and 4.3 assists. He was voted into the starting lineup for the Western Conference in the All-Star game, to be played Feb. 15 at Staples Center.

The Lakers replaced Bryant on their active roster by signing Maurice Carter.

Originally Posted by the PGA tour

^ If you need 10 stitches on your shooting index finger, you're excused in my book.

I'm not saying he isn't excused, but I'm not putting him on my toughness list.

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

TheHealthInspector
JsindaA
you guys misunderstood my point..... Ironman fitness is known as a Kobe n*thugger and I just found it funny that he chose LeBron when there are so many "real" soft players to choose from..... I also find it funny that only Lakers/Kobe fans are responding to me
laugh.gif
..... but that's another disscussion altogether.....

I wasn't even referring to your point.

^
laugh.gif

Toughness:
Kobe
AI
Marcus Camby
Antonio McDyess
homer pick: TJ Ford

Soft:
I know Vince is trying to tough out his ankle, so hes not on this part of my list
TMac
AK-47 (best nickname in the L tho)

Back
Top Bottom