Who at JB is responsible for son of mars and why isn't he fired?

Hello fellow niketalkers.
As we all know nike has released yet another monstrosity  with the new son of mars. And this isn't a new trend as we have seen with air force fusions and the god-awful 6rings.

Why is this allowed to continue? (I know, consumers give jb money for this trash, so jb can't help themselves, so consumers should giving them money for these. All of them) Why devote production, design, marketing resources for these frankenshoes when there are some seriously good numbered jordans that haven't been retroed? 

the guy responsible for sure will not get fired. he will for sure get a pat in the back or even a promotion cause in JB's pov. this dude, help the company save $$ by using left-over materials from other models and created another model to sell and make $$.
laugh.gif

whether the son of mars are "garbage" or not, its just a matter of opinion. ya think they ugly, but thousands other peeps think they hot and they buy. JB wins. JB dont care about u.

tired.gif

These are going to fly in the hood demographic. I like them. I agree that there are way better retroes that need to be released, but we don't have control over that and your average consumer doesnt care about history, they just buy off of hype or what looks good to them.

Originally Posted by icqboy51

the guy responsible for sure will not get fired. he will for sure get a pat in the back or even a promotion cause in JB's pov. this dude, help the company save $$ by using left-over materials from other models and created another model to sell and make $$.

laugh.gif

Is it confirmed that they use leftover parts for the FrankenJordans, or are you just guessing?

Its really not that serious.
i personally don't own a pair, but I wouldnt knock anyone for having them because they're really not that bad.
I'm actually considering the mist blue joints when they drop and the black/reds look ok too.

Get off your jordan elitist high horse and understand that these are poppin with the younger crowd.
Get over it... you dont have to buy them

JB is a business. how important is "cost" in a business' profit equation?

for example, if JB was producing 100 pairs of VI's, do u think they producing EXACTLY 200 tongues (2 tongues/ pair) for this VI production? they make extras for one or another reason. there will be left-overs. so what u gonna tell me the extras if not used will be trashed? u are willing to throw away $$? especially how cost of materials are increasing and JB's customers are complaining all the time about price hikes?

Worst than the Dub-Zeros?!?

laugh.gif

I'm pretty sure JB is laughing all the way to the bank with this one.

I don't like the shoe, but for every 1 person that dislikes, there's at least 10 more who'll buy.

So at the end of the day, doesn't matter what WE think.

for example, if JB was producing 100 pairs of VI's, do u think they producing EXACTLY 200 tongues (2 tongues/ pair) for this VI production? they make extras for one or another reason. there will be left-overs. so what u gonna tell me the extras if not used will be trashed? u are willing to throw away $$? especially how cost of materials are increasing and JB's customers are complaining all the time about price hikes?

So you are just guessing. Why would they make extra tongues that they don't need? That doesnt make any business sense. Im positive that they don't make enough extra tongues and parts to fulfill an entire run of a general release Frankenshoe.

Why would they make extra tongues that they don't need

^ there will always be "extras/ spares" whatever the hell u wanna call them in a production environment.

depending how many "extras" there are left-over, u can use these extras along with producing a bit more to create another model (fusions) to make $$.

Originally Posted by JChambers

So you are just guessing. Why would they make extra tongues that they don't need? That doesnt make any business sense. Im positive that they don't make enough extra tongues and parts to fulfill an entire run of a general release Frankenshoe.
You have to think fam. If they literally made 200 tongues for 100 pairs, what would they do when five pairs go through inspections and are deemed unsuitable to sell (B-grade)? Those tongues aren't some average Home Depot pick up, they're specially made. Any sneaker company always has a good number of extras.

Originally Posted by Gordonson

You have to think fam. If they literally made 200 tongues for 100 pairs, what would they do when five pairs go through inspections and are deemed unsuitable to sell (B-grade)? Those tongues aren't some average Home Depot pick up, they're specially made. Any sneaker company always has a good number of extras.
They don't design an entire new shoe based off of some extra tongues. It doesn't work like that anyways. All of the shoes are made in China or Taiwan or whatever. They don't have some big lost and found box of extra tongues and soles just sitting around. It's not like Nike calls the factory over there and is like "Hey, what do we have left over from the other runs? Soles from the Jordan V? Some tongues from the Jordan XII?  Ok, lets be sure to design a shoe with those on em, so we can save a few bucks."
roll.gif

They don't design an entire new shoe based off of some extra tongues. It doesn't work like that anyways. All of the shoes are made in China or Taiwan or whatever. They don't have some big lost and found box of extra tongues and soles just sitting around. It's not like Nike calls the factory over there and is like "Hey, what do we have left over from the other runs? Soles from the Jordan V? Some tongues from the Jordan XII?  Ok, lets be sure to design a shoe with those on em, so we can save a few bucks."
roll.gif

I was just commenting on the fact that they DO have the extra materials 
laugh.gif

Wouldn't be the least bit surprised though if JB just had a dart board where ach numbered model is represented by a space, and then they just threw together whichever five got hit first. 

the claim that combo kicks are made from spare parts was a good joke. it's an even better joke that anyone took it seriously.

Majority of people will buy these because they are trying to impress others with "fresh kicks" that they like. They could care less about history and the fact that they're fusion/hybrids

roll.gif

I was just commenting on the fact that they DO have the extra materials 
laugh.gif

Wouldn't be the least bit surprised though if JB just had a dart board where ach numbered model is represented by a space, and then they just threw together whichever five got hit first. 
Hilarious

*Grabs popcorn... watches hilarity ensue*

On a slightly more serious note, I don't think we realize just how few NTers there actually are, especially that check the site regularly. I, personally would guess that there are a few thousand regulars (if that). Do you really think that us, the quality-hounding, what the hell is JB doing to our favorite model with their frankenstein creations (Dub-Zeros- The Horror!) are the majority? No way in hell. Most of their customers just buy whatever comes out with a jumpman on it, without any cares about history or story or any of that. For example, think about how often you see people in Jordan's walking around. Maybe if you're in NYC or something like that dude's will mainly be wearing retros or something limited, but here in flyover country I mainly see all of the random GRs that no one on NT would even bother to start a thread for.

sons of mars is the next Spiz ike. People hated those too, and now they love them..... I think all these hybrid Jordans are trash

they are indeed ugly as hell. folks with no taste who want to impress people around them just because of the Jordan symbol being on the shoe will simply buy because they're "Jordans"

Back
Top Bottom