White/Red / Cherry 12s To Release

Jordan needs to do a proper white/red or black/red 12, every retro from 2003 black/red to white/red and black/red to 2009 where off far as the red

Jordan needs to do a proper white/red or black/red 12, every retro from 2003 black/red to white/red and black/red to 2009 where off far as the red

I'll take another 2003 version sold mine a few months ago thinking these were coming back out

Why are they called white/red/cherry 12?
Will they alter some colors?
Og never had cherry as part of color being used but white/true red/black and metallicsilver (laceloops).

Cherry is a completely different colorway. Please check for the aj16 cherrywoods as reference.

Last edited:
Og never had cherry as part of color being used but white/true red/black and metallicsilver (laceloops).

Cherry is a completely different colorway. Please check for the aj16 cherrywoods as reference.
smh

The "Cherry" in the thread title should be in parentheses or quotation marks seeing as it's just a nickname that many people use. But as far as the actual colorway no one knows what colors will be used. My guess is Varsity Red…

View media item 1685168

Yeah, them being called cherry red is just off to me. But whatever the case, I hope the red that's used is closer to the OG's.

Yeah, them being called cherry red is just off to me. But whatever the case, I hope the red that's used is closer to the OG's.

I'm with you man. Every shoe doesn't need a nickname (especially if it didn't have one when they originally released), but it's a new generation. Still refuse to call anything "bred" lol

As far as the shoe goes, I'm down for a pair. If the black/red XII's are impossible, then these would be a nice comfort pickup.

I'm with you man. Every shoe doesn't need a nickname (especially if it didn't have one when they originally released), but it's a new generation. Still refuse to call anything "bred" lol

As far as the shoe goes, I'm down for a pair. If the black/red XII's are impossible, then these would be a nice comfort pickup.

This. The nickname game can be really annoying.
For instance calling the playoff / charcoal 7 raptors. Or the white/red 14 candy cane...
Also, some air jordans have wrong nicknames.
The aj12 and aj13 black/white-reds are called playoffs despite MJ debuted them in the Allstar games 1997 and 1998.
Not to mention that in the 1998 playoffs he sometimes wore some PE 13 lows which looked similar to the black/white-red aj 13.

Last edited:
Nike/JB has been creating the nicknames for years now; not the buyers. Take it up with them.

Nike/JB has been creating the nicknames for years now; not the buyers. Take it up with them.

But that happened after a big number of sneakerheads and hypebeasts gave them first. Nicknames like spacejams, final shots, were named by the consumers over a decade ago.

i thought we got past this

kobe.gif

But that happened after a big number of sneakerheads and hypebeasts gave them first. Nicknames like spacejams, final shots, were named by the consumers over a decade ago.
That was far and few. We're talking almost every release actually having nicknames, a lot of them in promotional material by the companies.

Nike would release basketball shoes in USA colorways during the olympics. They weren't marketed as such, but people understood why and refered to them as Olympics.

Nike now goes out of its way to make Olympic colorways and market them to you as such: "Olympics", "Gold Medals", etc. They are the ones pushing the nicknaming convention and have been for a while.

Vast majority of nicknames are stupid unless they refer to an actual color

Last edited:
I don't care about nicknames but the black/white 12's and 13's people call them playoffs but Jordan wore them both in the allstar game and all other shoes players wear in the allstar are called allstars so playoff 12 and 13 don't make sense

Back
Top Bottom