White Philly Cop Told to Lose Cornrows

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

*Waits for people to cut on white people with braids?*

What is the difference between white people with braids/dreads and black woman straightening there hair????
I never saw it that way.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Shut up. There are no black police officers with braids...
indifferent.gif

Keep your rhetorical 'what ifs' to yourself next time.
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

indifferent.gif
Literacy, what happened to it?

The Philadelphia Daily News reported Monday that Officer Thomas Strain was put on desk duty this month because of the braids, even though the paper reported dozens of black officers wear cornrows.

I answered a question. The question was why does it have to be about race. If you honestly think that if this article was reversed that no one would becrying racist then I invite you to join us in the real world. I don't believe its racist either way, but I'm not ignorant enough to believe thatracism wouldn't come up if somebody printed a story about a black officer being told to remove his cornrows. It hasn't happened because nobody hasever run such a story on a national scale, like this one. So, enjoy your bubble, we'll be continuing this conversation in a place called reality...

Originally Posted by Whateversclever

What is the difference between white people with braids/dreads and black woman straightening there hair????
I never saw it that way.
eek.gif
A lot black of women straighten their hair to make it moremanageable
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Executive76

Originally Posted by Whateversclever

I never saw it that way.
eek.gif
A lot black women straighten their hair to make it more manageable
eyes.gif

Plus it kind of looks better...

Originally Posted by 21 World B Free 21

Did everyone saying the other black officers had to cut theirs miss this

"The Philadelphia Daily News reported Monday that Officer Thomas Strain was put on desk duty this month because of the braids, even though the paper reported dozens of black officers wear cornrows."

I'm trusting the paper over the one cops memory, sorry. Whatever the rule is it should be enforced equally..
Reported and confirmed are two different things, journalism 101. The paper lists no credible sources, and without sources, we call that hearsay.If this were a fact i'm sure the white cop would come forward, why? Because he could sue for discrimination. This story holds no weight.

Executive76 wrote:
Whateversclever wrote:
airmaxpenny1 wrote:

I never saw it that way.
eek.gif

A lot black of women straighten their hair to make it more manageable
eyes.gif

- damn yall are blind. sure, more manageable
eyes.gif
thats the usual excuse. its also done out of habit, and lack of of understanding how to manage our hair the way it is
grin.gif

- do you understand the history on why we straighten our hair in the first place?........look it up, read on it.

Originally Posted by J Burner

The Philadelphia Daily News reported Monday that Officer Thomas Strain was put on desk duty this month because of the braids, even though the paper reported dozens of black officers wear cornrows.

I answered a question. The question was why does it have to be about race. If you honestly think that if this article was reversed that no one would be crying racist then I invite you to join us in the real world. I don't believe its racist either way, but I'm not ignorant enough to believe that racism wouldn't come up if somebody printed a story about a black officer being told to remove his cornrows. It hasn't happened because nobody has ever run such a story on a national scale, like this one. So, enjoy your bubble, we'll be continuing this conversation in a place called reality...

- a reality you and your conservative brethren live in.

- i see you keep dodging any rational talk about the subject yet you keep talking about reality, while ignoring any respose dealing with reality. you seen myreply (reply #41), no response?

More manageable? They can't even get that %%%$ wet, it's far more work to straighten there hair than to have it natural.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Executive76 wrote:
Whateversclever wrote:
airmaxpenny1 wrote:

I never saw it that way.
eek.gif

eyes.gif

eyes.gif
thats the usual excuse. its also done out of habit, and lack of of understanding how to manage our hair the way it is
grin.gif

- do you understand the history on why we straighten our hair in the first place?........look it up, read on it.

I answered a question. The question was why does it have to be about race. If you honestly think that if this article was reversed that no one would be crying racist then I invite you to join us in the real world. I don't believe its racist either way, but I'm not ignorant enough to believe that racism wouldn't come up if somebody printed a story about a black officer being told to remove his cornrows. It hasn't happened because nobody has ever run such a story on a national scale, like this one. So, enjoy your bubble, we'll be continuing this conversation in a place called reality...

- i see you keep dodging any rational talk about the subject yet you keep talking about reality, while ignoring any respose dealing with reality. you seen my reply (reply #41), no response?

Oh, now this is a political post. Excuse me there buddy, but the only people I see calling racism on a daily basis are liberals who would rather pull the racecard than debate facts. Are you telling me it sounds ridiculous when we make race an issue in everthing? Is that it? Perhaps you could pass that message onto your liberal bretheren. Funny how that works, irony at its finest.

I guess I don't grasp the concept that a certain hairstyle is more professional than another.

As long as it isn't unruly, there shouldn't really be an issue. If police officers, or anybody else in a position of power, feel like their hair needsto make them more "professional" or "authoritative," they're probably not fit for whatever the job may be.

eyes.gif
grin.gif

I'm not denying any of that but airmaxpenny comparing it to white pplwith braids/dreads is silly.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Executive76 wrote:
Whateversclever wrote:
airmaxpenny1 wrote:

I never saw it that way.
eek.gif
eyes.gif

eyes.gif
grin.gif

- i see you keep dodging any rational talk about the subject yet you keep talking about reality, while ignoring any respose dealing with reality. you seen my reply (reply #41), no response?

Oh, now this is a political post. Excuse me there buddy, but the only people I see calling racism on a daily basis are liberals who would rather pull the race card than debate facts. Are you telling me it sounds ridiculous when we make race an issue in everthing? Is that it? Perhaps you could pass that message on to your liberal bretheren. Funny how that works, irony at its finest.

......hmmm, rather pull the race card than debate facts you say?

Originally Posted by JayHood23

I'd expect all cops to have to low cuts to look professional. Why does everything always have to be about race?
Because you know damn well if the report said a white superior told a black officer that his cornrows were unacceptable, the NAACP and The good Reverend Jackson would be screaming racism at the top of their lungs.

Originally Posted by AF187

Did anybody read this ?
laugh.gif

PHILADELPHIA (Sept. 21) - Police in Philadelphia say a white officer who came to work with cornrows was ordered by a black superior to get a haircut because the braids violated department standards.
Police spokesman Lt. Frank Vanore says Strain's boss told the officer to cut his hair to look more "professional."
Vanore says officers' hats must fit "in a military manner" over their hair, and that Strain's hat did not. Strain got a haircut; he declined comment to the paper.
Vanore recalled only one black officer with braids in the past several years. He says that officer also was told to get a haircut.

Link

.......hmmm,
nerd.gif

- i see the reverse-race card being pulled by JBurner FIRST.
- and the FACTS being stated where JBurner conveniently looked over them.
nerd.gif

....hmmmm.

- its a political post because JBurner always makes it one with his usual conservative rhetoric.

- and
roll.gif
@ you calling me a liberal. ooooh, it stings
laugh.gif
, because of course if im not a conservative i have to be a liberal right
wink.gif

- the problem? conservatives are all right, i guess. the real probelm are so-called conservatives like you that have no clue but try and make points that haveno real substance to them. and if you ever get a refuting point thown at you that makes sense you turn ghost or conveniently look over what someone said.picking and choosing who to reply to just to be able to spew more conservative fluff. word to-> this thread and the 4 replies under my own. but i bet you didnt see it did you
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

....someone get this dude out of here. at least with Fede and TBONE they tried to come with some sort of solid stance (no matter how moronic, they still hadsome sort of substance to go with it). you can tell this guy is just regurgitating what someone has said to him or he's heard on one of his usual programsand has nothing to offer on his own.

^I'm sorry I can't give you all of my attention. But for one, how do you figure I pulled the race card? LOL, the hell are you talking about? Someoneasked why race would be an issue with the white guy removing his cornrows. I answered the question. The fact that you can't comprehend what I said makescontinuing the argument with you pointless. Also, had you read the entire article, instead of picking out the part you like, you would realize that itcontradicts itself, reporting that indeed other black officers had cornrows, and also saying that only one had cornrows, and he was asked to get a hair cut. Either way, you just don't get it. The point is not if its racist, my point is that had the black officer decided to go public, and the media took thestory and ran with it, someone would be calling it racist. Period. Get over yourself.

Two, I didn't make any political statement or even allude to any politics in this thread, you did, and I responded. As to the thread you linked, didyou happen to count the numerous replies agreeing with me, or the replies stating the exact same thing that I stated? Of course not, too busy reading your ownreplies....

I swear to God dude, get some common sense. This post had absolutely nothing to do with half the crap you are ranting about. You took a simple observationand turned it into an idiotic political rant. Good job.

^I'm sorry I can't give you all of my attention. But for one, how do you figure I pulled the race card? LOL, the hell are you talking about? Someone asked why race would be an issue with the white guy removing his cornrows. I answered the question. The fact that you can't comprehend what I said makes continuing the argument with you pointless. Also, had you read the entire article, instead of picking out the part you like, you would realize that it contradicts itself, reporting that indeed other black officers had cornrows, and also saying that only one had cornrows, and he was asked to get a hair cut. Either way, you just don't get it. The point is not if its racist, my point is that had the black officer decided to go public, and the media took the story and ran with it, someone would be calling it racist. Period. Get over yourself.

Two, I didn't make any political statement or even allude to any politics in this thread, you did, and I responded. As to the thread you linked, did you happen to count the numerous replies agreeing with me, or the replies stating the exact same thing that I stated? Of course not, too busy reading your own replies....

I swear to God dude, get some common sense. This post had absolutely nothing to do with half the crap you are ranting about. You took a simple observation and turned it into an idiotic political rant. Good job.

- i said you pulled the reverse race card. but its okay, just like Fede and TBONE i didnt expect anything other than what you'vegiven. hopefully soon you'll also take a dive or get banned just like them......

^^the point was I didn't pull any cards, I answered a question. I know you'd love to see me banned, good luck trying to bait me. Maybe on one of my offdays you might be successful....keep trying.

Back
Top Bottom