White Cement IV Returning Spring/Summer 2025

1000000668.jpg

Damn my 12' cooked.

...Game time decision on these based on official pics.
If the recent Military Blues are anything to go by, I think the White Cements next year will go on to be the best retro since the '99 release.

Those military blues felt cheap in hand imo. Hope the WC “feel” better.
Understandable. I was using the Military's in the same way that people usually use the SB's when talking about 4s, meaning I was only talking about shape and cut not material quality. But yes, while I love my pairs, the leather on the Military Blues could have been better and they should have used polyurethane insoles. Everything else about them was fine in my book.

Those military blues felt cheap in hand imo. Hope the WC “feel” better.
I don't like MB, so they weren't on my radar, but this doesn't sound promising. BUT, I will say this, over the years of buying kicks, a lot of anticipated releases feel "cheap" in hand when I first held them, so that's ok. No real reason to panic about that observation from my POV.

Militaries were A1 to me, and im a very hard critic, when it comes to the quality and to the shape on shoes. Of course, it's not going to have the best quality in the world on these retros. But Nike/Jordan are definitely improving in shape, cut, and quality with every year that passes us by. The 2024 Military release, was light years ahead of those last two montrosities, of the militaries that they gave us.

None of us really should be complaining, given the BS low quality retros, that would only hold up for a couple of months of consistent wear, that we were given in the early 2000,s. But i get it, it's NikeTalk though, so it doesn't matter if we get 1 of 1,s retros, people are still going to nitpick and complain about something on the shoe.

Reimagined 4,s is a top notch good quality retro. But nobody wants to talk about how good the quality are on those, simply because alot of people aren't fans of the leather that was put on them. Meanwhile, I've been wearing them multiple times a week, and they're hardly any creases on my pair yet.

Long story short, this brand is headed in the right direction, and we're getting everything that weve imagined and wanted, without having to go the resell route. But i get it, lets complain, complain, complain, complain, lol.

Militaries were A1 to me, and im a very hard critic, when it comes to the quality and to the shape on shoes. Of course, it's not going to have the best quality in the world on these retros. But Nike/Jordan are definitely improving in shape, cut, and quality with every year that passes us by. The 2024 Military release, was light years ahead of those last two montrosities, of the militaries that they gave us.

None of us really should be complaining, given the BS low quality retros, that would only hold up for a couple of months of consistent wear, that we were given in the early 2000,s. But i get it, it's NikeTalk though, so it doesn't matter if we get 1 of 1,s retros, people are still going to nitpick and complain about something on the shoe.

Reimagined 4,s is a top notch good quality retro. But nobody wants to talk about how good the quality are on those, simply because alot of people aren't fans of the leather that was put on them. Meanwhile, I've been wearing them multiple times a week, and they're hardly any creases on my pair yet.

Long story short, this brand is headed in the right direction, and we're getting everything that weve imagined and wanted, without having to go the resell route. But i get it, lets complain, complain, complain, complain, lol.
Constructive criticism =/ complaining, imo. Calling a solid release trash is one thing. Saying that a solid release could be a little better with valid reasons for the statement is another.

What are you talking about? We have people up in here talking about how the 2024 Military 4,s felt cheap, and I have ALOT of retros throughout these past few years. And there's nothing cheap about the military 4,s that just came out, especially when you're comparing them to the last couple of previous releases of the same colorway.

im not sure if the quality varies, depending on what size you wear, small or Big, or which factory your pairs came out of, but nothing about the two pairs that i have are cheap and low quality at all. Also, take into consideration, that we had retros from 2003 to 2010, that would paint chip and look like 20 + year old shoes, just after a couple of months of wear.

Then we have people on this message board, and also on other platforms, always talking about how the quality on these retros aren't good. When that's the furthest from the truth, and not true. Nike/Jordan are on record saying that they spend anywhere from $15.00 to $35.00 dollars per retro, that's the cost of manufacturing per pair, depending on which materials that they're using on certain retros.

Meanwhile, we just found out that Christian Dior spends around $54.00 on certain high end designer handbags that sell well over $3,000.00 in stores right now. That was found out by some inside investigator,s that investigated different manufacturing facilities, that produced products for name brand companies overseas.

So there's basically no difference between Nike/Jordan Brand retros, in comparison to high end designer shoes today. Especially with the upgrade that was done by Nike and JB within the last few years. Because if these high end designer brands are only spending $54.00 to $100.00 on Big purses and Handbags, to be sold for thousands of dollars, what make yall really think that they're spending over $35.00 to $40.00 to produce a pair of shoes, that's smaller in size?

I personally think that either people are getting bad pairs, which happens on a high number production release, or they're not even buying the shoes. Meaning that they walk in a store, and look at it for a few minutes, and consider it to be cheap, simple because they didn't throw tumbled leather on it, which everybody considers to be the best type of leather. Just because it's harder and stiffer than regular smooth/flat leather.

Long story short, it doesn't matter what company you're buying tennis shoes from nowadays, (not dress shoes or coats). Because it's not a company out, right now in this world, that's throwing high grade leather, that cost hundreds of dollars to produce on one pair of tennis shoes. I get tired of the down talking about any recent retros, when the quality of the cuts, shape, and materials have definitely upgraded in every year as of recently.

If you personally don't like a specific colorway, or model, or even if you don't like the type of materials used on a retro, that's understandable. But to call certain recent retros like the Militaries 4,s, reimagined 4,s cheap isn't true. Because we've seen what cheap really is in the past retros we've gotten. Im sure that yall are going to call the next Blk/Cement 3,s Metallic 5,s Grape 5,s and other retros cheap as well, it doesn't make it true though,considering what we use to get from this brand a few years ago.

What are you talking about? We have people up in here talking about how the 2024 Military 4,s felt cheap, and I have ALOT of retros throughout these past few years. And there's nothing cheap about the military 4,s that just came out, especially when you're comparing them to the last couple of previous releases of the same colorway.

im not sure if the quality varies, depending on what size you wear, small or Big, or which factory your pairs came out of, but nothing about the two pairs that i have are cheap and low quality at all. Also, take into consideration, that we had retros from 2003 to 2010, that would paint chip and look like 20 + year old shoes, just after a couple of months of wear.

Then we have people on this message board, and also on other platforms, always talking about how the quality on these retros aren't good. When that's the furthest from the truth, and not true. Nike/Jordan are on record saying that they spend anywhere from $15.00 to $35.00 dollars per retro, that's the cost of manufacturing per pair, depending on which materials that they're using on certain retros.

Meanwhile, we just found out that Christian Dior spends around $54.00 on certain high end designer handbags that sell well over $3,000.00 in stores right now. That was found out by some inside investigator,s that investigated different manufacturing facilities, that produced products for name brand companies overseas.

So there's basically no difference between Nike/Jordan Brand retros, in comparison to high end designer shoes today. Especially with the upgrade that was done by Nike and JB within the last few years. Because if these high end designer brands are only spending $54.00 to $100.00 on Big purses and Handbags, to be sold for thousands of dollars, what make yall really think that they're spending over $35.00 to $40.00 to produce a pair of shoes, that's smaller in size?

I personally think that either people are getting bad pairs, which happens on a high number production release, or they're not even buying the shoes. Meaning that they walk in a store, and look at it for a few minutes, and consider it to be cheap, simple because they didn't throw tumbled leather on it, which everybody considers to be the best type of leather. Just because it's harder and stiffer than regular smooth/flat leather.

Long story short, it doesn't matter what company you're buying tennis shoes from nowadays, (not dress shoes or coats). Because it's not a company out, right now in this world, that's throwing high grade leather, that cost hundreds of dollars to produce on one pair of tennis shoes. I get tired of the down talking about any recent retros, when the quality of the cuts, shape, and materials have definitely upgraded in every year as of recently.

If you personally don't like a specific colorway, or model, or even if you don't like the type of materials used on a retro, that's understandable. But to call certain recent retros like the Militaries 4,s, reimagined 4,s cheap isn't true. Because we've seen what cheap really is in the past retros we've gotten. Im sure that yall are going to call the next Blk/Cement 3,s Metallic 5,s Grape 5,s and other retros cheap as well, it doesn't make it true though,considering what we use to get from this brand a few years ago.
I was at work so I couldn't reply. I understand what you're saying and I agree to an extent. We've undoubtedly come a long way compared to the horribly shaped, easily paint chipped, low quality abominations we were getting in the mid 2000s until 2015 or so. Honestly the only recent OG colorway retro that comes to mind when I think "cheap feeling" is the '16 True Blue 3s. Those were awful. Beyond those, I think Jordan Brand has been doing well as of late. Granted I don't own nearly as many pairs as everyone in here does, but all my 22 pairs are OG colorways from the 2016 Metallics onward. None have felt cheap to me. Sure some could have used some cosmetic adjustments like the '18 Black Cement 3s, but when I owned them, they never felt cheap. They were very well made and quite sturdy actually.

But at the same time, I could understand why some people would say some releases feel cheap when you compare a general release OG retro to a general release New Balance 998 for example. I dunno. People are going to think what they want to, and on NT where a lot of us hyperfixate on details that the average sneaker consumer does not, there's bound to be some opinions and standards that clash.

Last edited:
Lol I didnt know where else to post this but anyone hear bizarres line on the antichrist 😂

So glad all the features were hidden.

Back
Top Bottom