Which taste better overall- Popeyes or KFC?

In the Bay Area, grew up eating KFC chicken. Original recipe all the way. And if it wasn’t KFC it was Church’s chicken with a side of Jalepeno poppers. Never had Popeyes until I was in high school and that was in 01-05.

What about El Pollo Loco? Yall got any around? There’s one in Oakland where I grew up, but I haven’t been there in like 15 years. From what I remember, it was alright. It’s not fried chicken, but grilled instead.
menu_category_default.jpg

What about El Pollo Loco? Yall got any around? There’s one in Oakland where I grew up, but I haven’t been there in like 15 years. From what I remember, it was alright. It’s not fried chicken, but grilled instead.

Pollo Campero & Pollo Tropical (dat Yucca) good too

Kinda hard to decide for me...............KFC's seasoning is no joke and is something more these chicken places can't match. But Popeyes is just as good as well, they take the typical "southern fried chicken" recipes and amp it up a good several notches higher.

That being said..........I'll take both those chicken franchises over Hartz's chicken, now that place is just quality-trash.

It still blows my mind why Popeyes is so popular.

Small pieces of meat which are mostly crust |l

KFC has the better chicken by far but Popeyes got the sides game on lock.
What type of popeyes ya'll people go to???

Ya'll describing Kennedy fried chicken, popeyes is the goat..

Overseas KFC > KFC stateside

Popeyes all day. Easy choice because all the kfcs down here are trash.

BUT I gotta agree with those saying overseas kfc >> stateside. KFC in Trinidad is :pimp: Completely different quality in everything

Needs more char
You are learning. - B Sox B Sox

But OP

The flavor of the skin tastes better @ KFC (original recipie); I prefer the crunchiness of Popeye's skin. I know KFC has a crispy variety, but it doesn't taste like a crunchy version of original recipie.

Last time I went to KFC it was a group order and I ain’t eem eat no chicken :lol: ...I had a biscuit and da wedges, dipped in gravy :pimp:

they dont make KFC like they used to. Everytime I get extra crispy, it's always soggy like wtf.
Popeyes stay crispy 24x7

I had this in Miami near biscayne bay while on vaycay even though I was sick as a dog. It was pretty good.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom