Which Paper is Causing the Yellowing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just picked up a pair of the new Jordan V Metallic's tonight. I came home and started going thru some of my other Jordan's and I noticed that my 2013 Jordan V's are starting to yellow! They've been in the original box which was stored in a giant ziploc bag, which has been in my climate controlled closet since the day I got them! I live in Las Vegas so humidity is NOT an issue here. I started reading some other threads where people were talking about the paper inside the box causing yellowing, but nobody specifies WHAT kinda paper is causing the issue.

You can see in the pic below that there are three different kinds of paper that I have found. The top left is a white thick paper, the top right is a black plastic bag type of paper, and the bottom one is just regular tissue paper.

So which one is the culprit?

Here is a pic of my 2016 Metallic V's next to my 2013 Fire Red V's that despite my efforts to NEVER WEAR THEM and to keep them in a SEALED BAG are now yellowing! SMH

Last edited:
Well I just found a comment someone made saying that the newer style black plastic wrap that Nike has been using in recent years is better which is what I was thinking as well. Perhaps the issue was with the older style 'paper' such as the one in the top left corner of my pic in the OP.

That still raises the question of why the hell my 2013 V's are yellowing! I guess no matter what the yellowing really is inevitable!

Last edited:
I have the same problem and I think this may only be happening to the Fire Red V's. I have a few of the V's released from the same year, and I find that only my fire red have this problem. I find the even the white front mid sole is yellowing.  

Yeah I think you might be right about that. I was looking at several DS pairs of 2013 Fire Red V's that people are currently selling on eBay, and ALL of them are doing the exact same thing mine are in the same exact spots. Some people's are worse than others so I guess I shouldn't be too disappointed. Nah screw that I'm VERY disappointed! As much as we pay for these damn things I'd expect them to still look like the day I bought them. Especially since I go out of my way to keep them so meticulously stored. I can only imagine what a used pair of these look like in 2016. And I don't wanna hear all that BS about "oh that's just the material"! It's 2016! All the technology out there now a days and you mean to tell me that Nike can't find a damn clear material that doesn't yellow? ESPECIALLY when the damn shoes been sitting in the box inside a climate controlled environment their entire life!!!

Alright I'm done ranting now lol
pimp.gif

Wear your sneakers, they're gonna yellow regardless.

But to answer your question, I would probably take all of the paper out of the box besides the black plastic.

The shoe paper isn't the problem! How you are storing your shoes is what's causing them to yellow. Putting them in a plastic bag and sealing them is a big no no. People do that not realizing shoes need air.

I put all my shoes in the 3m moisture resistant bags. I got a hundred pack for like $90. Its worth it to me since of how much the shoes cost.

Yellowing is apart of the process of having these shoes. Whether the sole is brown or beige is on how you store then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom