Which console had the best startup screen?

this thread is fing awesome :pimp: :pimp: (esp with all these race threads popping up)

a lot of you guys threw it back, that nostalgia feel..

ps1 intro for me...

Last edited:
Is any one else having all type of feels listening to all these intros, im going back to when i rented games for my genesis how hype i was, and man the ps1 intro is just classic. Hell about everything pre ps360 is just filled with all types of nostalgia.

I constantly sing and hum video game intro/songs throughout a day. I only knew about the first two GC intros though. Man that feel of renting a new N64 game from Hastings :pimp:

Last edited:
Not necessarily the best boot screen....

PS1 for sure.

PS1 startup sound followed by FF7 opening mission theme. You knew you were in for something big

Sega Genesis was probably my favorite mainly because there was no set start-up screen, most games had their own unique one. If I remember correctly, a few even had interactive ones, at least I know Vectorman did...

i wasn't about that neo geo life or that atari life. didn't get in the game till...ps1.

born in 88 fyi.

Dreamcast had an amazing startup screen, loved it and i saw it just a few years ago after buying it from a flea market.

PS1 though, from the sound starting to the PS logo showing it was awesome every time, PS2 was great too.

Loved the gamecube startup screen as well.

Wow, man. That PS2 one is PURE nostalgia. Think of nothing more than being a kid and worry free. :frown:

My list.

1. PS1
2. PS2
3. SEGA GENESIS
[VIDEO=][/VIDEO]
[VIDEO=]
4. GameBoy Advance

Y'all made me go down memory lane :nthat:. I remember having a dream I was falling into one of the pillars in the PS2 start up :lol:.[/video]

Last edited:
My list.

1. PS1
2. PS2
3. SEGA GENESIS4. GameBoy Advance

Y'all made me go down memory lane
nthat.gif
. I remember having a dream I was falling into one of the pillars in the PS2 start up
laugh.gif
bruh so many people dont know what im talking about when i bring this up they look at me like im a bear or something sega channel was the truth growing up, fond memories playing contra hard corps on that thing kinda off topic but this is burned into my memory 

PS1 and Genesis for me. The sounds take me back to the moments of childhood where only playing the game mattered. 

I feel bad for the people who didn't have Sega Channel growing up. I remember the cable man coming to my house and telling my mom about it after seeing we had the console. Mom dukes got it like the first week it was out.

Back
Top Bottom