Which colleges have the best parties?

I'm guessing Penn State
Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Originally Posted by Just bLAzed

this is a factor in the college that i'm going to choose, so i'd like to know which colleges have good parties?
i've heard good things about U of Miami, Penn, USC, and Texas
you mean Penn (the Ivy league)? or Penn State? if you mean Penn, uhh.. one of these things is not like the other
if you mean Penn State, then yeah they have a pretty big party scene
Wasn't the college scene from Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen filmed at U. Penn?

Originally Posted by Lo Deini The Great

Top-shelf education and great parties.

Haha, so true. I went to BU, and BC threw the best parties, hands down.
laugh.gif

Didn't get into Penn. It was my first choice. Got into my second though. Good luck.

You shouldn't even be worrying about the atmosphere there. You shouldn't have put it in the OP. It is way better than the other schools you posted.

Originally Posted by Lo Deini The Great

Top-shelf education and great parties.

that's another school that i applied to
pimp.gif

top-shelf?
laugh.gif
People really believe that? Top-shelf! I don't even think my school is top-shelf.

screw it u only live once, wanna make these 4 years memorable....so i dont fault u for pickin the right party school.

^ Penn the Ivy League school
i heard it was the best party school out of the Ivys
maybe, but watch out if you're not from the East Coast, especially the New York metro area. At least from what I've seen/heard, theschool's social scene is centered around kids from there. Then again, i don't go there and my information comes from kids from the NY area, so itmight be skewed.

Any college can have parties, you just need to meet the right people. Generally the best places are where the colleges are in a "college town".

This applies to every school not named BYU.

Originally Posted by eight2one

screw it u only live once, wanna make these 4 years memorable....so i dont fault u for pickin the right party school.

thank you. finally someone that understands my reason for being interested in this stuff
how is Umich? im applying there too and its one of my top schools

Originally Posted by timbo109

^ Penn the Ivy League school
i heard it was the best party school out of the Ivys
maybe, but watch out if you're not from the East Coast, especially the New York metro area. At least from what I've seen/heard, the school's social scene is centered around kids from there. Then again, i don't go there and my information comes from kids from the NY area, so it might be skewed.
Its true. The kids from the LI/NYC area really make the social scene pop. They throw the events at the clubs and have the parties off campus.

This is what I was told as well by friends of mine that attend and graduated from Penn.
Kind of off topic here, but I'm from NY and I'm thinking of applying to SUNYs when I'm a senior next year, does anyone know which SUNY is best for party?
I heard from my friend binghampton is thebest SUNY but i want other opinions
Best party SUNY: Albany (nationally ranked a couple years ago)
Best academically: Binghamton

Both cities have nothing to offer outside of the campuses though. Pretty much the story for all of upstate NY.

Kind of off topic here, but I'm from NY and I'm thinking of applying to SUNYs when I'm a senior next year, does anyone know which SUNY is best forparty?
I heard from my friend binghampton is thebest SUNY but i want other opinions
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by eight2one

thank you. finally someone that understands my reason for being interested in this stuff
how is Umich? im applying there too and its one of my top schools

go somewhere WARM! winters will kill any desire you have to party.

UCSB. And surprisingly they are also ranked as one of the top public universities. Or you can be like some of the kids that live here in Isla Vista and justattend Santa Barbara City College but live in Isla Vista to party.

Originally Posted by Orange Soda Man

UCSB. And surprisingly they are also ranked as one of the top public universities. Or you can be like some of the kids that live here in Isla Vista and just attend Santa Barbara City College but live in Isla Vista to party.
That was like the most common place kids from my high school went back in 2001. Some things never change.

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You're joking right...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm sitting here thinking dude was posting pics of his ACCEPTANCE letters from each of these schools--nope, he posted pics of each schools application forms...

Is that supposed to mean something...'cause I can just as easily browse to Yale.edu and Harvard.edu and print out their application forms if it means something...

The nerve of this guy...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

nah, those are the one's i completed, which shows that i applied, which shows that i have the grades to get into those schools. if i didnthave the grades to get in there i wouldnt have applied.
i was just proving to that guy that i do have the grades to get into those schools, and those were my completed applications to those schools
acceptance letters arent even out yet unless it was early decision/action

This is the most flawed logic I've ever read on NT.  Showing a picture of your APPLICATION FORM proves nothing.  If you want to show something of worth post your high school transcript.  Until then I have a firm belief that you have nowhere near the grades needed to compete for any Ivy league school.  There were multiple instances in my school where people with gpa's higher than 4.0 were rejected from most of their desired schools.  Go to Miami, I think that's more of where people of your caliber go.  A+ for ambition, though.

I go to Miami and people are vastly underrating the caliber of this institution. We are currently ranked #38 in the nation in terms of academics, and we move up in the rankings every year (last year we were ranked #47). Now in terms of the social scene we aren't your typical college town so it's more centered around South Beach and the bars at the Grove so you have to spend more to have a good time, which is why you'll notice that most of the people that attend this school come from wealthy families in the Northeast. Like someone said earlier in terms of house parties and the whole Greek scene we're 4th in the state, we don't even come close to UF and FSU, and even USF might be better than us in that aspect. So in reality it's all a matter of preference, I personally love it here because I can attend a house party when I want but I know that it's not all that I'm limited to. On any given Wednesday, Saturday, or Sunday I can catch a big name DJ at LIV, or on Tuesdays and Thursdays I can pick up some sloppy skeezer at the Grove, but I have seen many kids come in and hate it and after a semester or two they opt to transfer to smaller college towns like Ann Arbor and Chapel Hill.

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

for an ivy penn is fun.....but i mean you don't apply there for the parties.

most fun school IMO is ASU but obviously it's not on par with an ivy

I go to upenn and dropped by a party.  Saw some asian chick rocking a bikini and police were in a helicopter with a search light going through the party while these frats boys were making it rain with some champagne 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
.   Party got raided like 30 mins later.  The social scene was def. one of the factors that helped me make my decision.  I go there for grad school and there's more than just parties going on: concerts, happy hour, etc. J cole, Lupe Fiasco, and Cosby were some of the celebs who came through.  I've visited Dartmouth and the party scene seems solid there because there's nothing else to do in that town and they have trimesters too. I've heard Cornell being at the top for partying amongst the ivies.

^ Penn was wack when I visited it... campus was crazy underwhelming and everyone walked around with their nose in the air 
ohwell.gif

Yeah pretty much every school has parties, one probably wouldnt be much more then the next

Originally Posted by scshift

^ Penn was wack when I visited it... campus was crazy underwhelming and everyone walked around with their nose in the air 
ohwell.gif

That's the East Coast for you, homie.
IMO, SDSU is pretty great too.

Back
Top Bottom